Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

old ones were pretty well painted, you couldn't tell much because the sole came with the zoomx crease, no gaps or cracks

I just notice it now that there is that slight separation because of the recent pairs but the gap is filled in with paint well enough that you wouldn't be able to tell unless you knew

vaporfly 5.jpg

curious why nike can't create a mold for the full sole though, zoomfly looks like it's actually just one piece of rubber
ZoomFly SP NYC 5.jpg

ZF new lace 4.jpg

I was wondering that myself. Anything to do with construction and the carbon fiber plate? Are all the heel portions same color? Maybe cheaper to slap them on any model when the fore foot colors change based on model?

old ones were pretty well painted, you couldn't tell much because the sole came with the zoomx crease, no gaps or cracks

I just notice it now that there is that slight separation because of the recent pairs but the gap is filled in with paint well enough that you wouldn't be able to tell unless you knew

vaporfly 5.jpg

curious why nike can't create a mold for the full sole though, zoomfly looks like it's actually just one piece of rubber
ZoomFly SP NYC 5.jpg

ZF new lace 4.jpg

I’ve held off on the Vast Grey as it seemed to close to the Ice Blue. Do you think there is enough differentiation between the colorways?

I have a $75 gift card and 20% coupon

praying those Crimson/Indigos make it NDC soon so I can use the 20%

I signed up for a half marathon 2 days ago and it was this morning...

I ran it in 1:23:59 and had an average of 632 pace at the 10k mark and negative split to finish the overall half at 625 pace.

I am a true believer in the vf4, but the durability is questionable. This pair only has 82 miles on them and the upper for my left shoe only is developing a hole by the big toe, which is something that has never happened to me for any of my several retired shoes. Oh well.

This is a PR of nearly 6 minutes (prior best was 1:29:52)...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
That's a fast half! Nice work! I would like to try the VF out in the half sometime. I've hit a 1:37 at the halfway point in a full, but haven't gone all out for a half for a long time. I only have about 60 miles on mine and no durability issues showing yet.

got the vast greys and hyper royals and :smh: at Nikes quality control after all the damn delays and the f'n price

it seems like the heel has two parts that are glued together then painted on to look seamless and it would have looked seamless because of all the creases except the paint job was complete crap

it's an issue on both pairs and even had extra glue drip and paint smear on the vast greys

I checked my other VFs and the heel midsole is pretty smooth and again it blends well with the creases

these cracks looks so bad that it looks like they are about to separate

blue vf  2 prob.jpg

blue vf  3 prob.jpg

grey vf 1 prob.jpg

grey vf 2 prob.jpg
That's pretty bad. My Vast Grey's don't have that issue.

Back
Top Bottom