Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

despite my quality complaints, I think it is one of the best colorways (if not the best) of the VF that has released so far

vaporfly gry n blu 1.jpg

I prefer darker colors for my running shoes. They don't show mud or dirt nearly like the lighter ones. The vast gray is too close to white for me. I love the blue on the right.

I prefer darker colors for my running shoes. They don't show mud or dirt nearly like the lighter ones. The vast gray is too close to white for me. I love the blue on the right.

I use the lighter colors for track training days. But I agree, love the look of white shoes until they get dirty.

i am with you there, after the ZoomFlys came out with the B&W pair after the Ice Blue and BlueFox, I thought a VaporFly version would be follow suit but they just skipped it and went with BrightCrimson

ZoomFly has an all black version too but it looks like VaporFlys are skipping that and going to the VaporStreet for the all black but it's going to be a casual version supposedly

at some point, I just stopped caring about my IceBlue VaporFlys since I run around a lake at times and there's just little splatters everywhere afterwards

Would someone please post a photo of fox blue with some wearing. I want to know how they look when they get a little dirty. I'm torn on if I want fox blue or not given I already have 2 ice blue, 2 crimson, and 1 hyper royal. I don't know if fox blue looks like a "runner's" color.

Would someone please post a photo of fox blue with some wearing. I want to know how they look when they get a little dirty. I'm torn on if I want fox blue or not given I already have 2 ice blue, 2 crimson, and 1 hyper royal. I don't know if fox blue looks like a "runner's" color.

If you meant by "wearing it with running clothes" or just signs of wear... I got both of those scenarios covered.

When it was getting its first wear...
IMG_20170806_081959.jpg

These pictures are about 155+ miles in. Wet concrete, wet track, chipped paint and foam...

MVIMG_20180123_182950.jpg
MVIMG_20180123_183006.jpg
MVIMG_20180123_183028.jpg
MVIMG_20180123_183039.jpg

If you meant by "wearing it with running clothes" or just signs of wear... I got both of those scenarios covered.

When it was getting its first wear...
IMG_20170806_081959.jpg

These pictures are about 155+ miles in. Wet concrete, wet track, chipped paint and foam...

MVIMG_20180123_182950.jpg
Exactly what i wanted to see!! Thank you!!!

H HealthActuary - no problem!

So to update you guys about durability... I don't know if I was trippin' or if it was because it was 5am or if this is real, but after 155 miles in and going on my run this morning at 545am, the right shoe feels... oddly lower to the ground than my left shoe. I don't know if that's really how it felt, but one thing for sure is that the right shoe felt different. Maybe this is where that 150-mile range starts to kick in...

EDIT - whoops, forgot to mention, this is for the Vaporfly 4%.

Last edited:
VG VF's on their way back to Nike. Was curious about a size 10 and they fit but my toes are a little snug against the toe box

H HealthActuary - no problem!

So to update you guys about durability... I don't know if I was trippin' or if it was because it was 5am or if this is real, but after 155 miles in and going on my run this morning at 545am, the right shoe feels... oddly lower to the ground than my left shoe. I don't know if that's really how it felt, but one thing for sure is that the right shoe felt different. Maybe this is where that 150-mile range starts to kick in...

EDIT - whoops, forgot to mention, this is for the Vaporfly 4%.
Sucks man...so what do you do just trash a $250 shoe?

150 mile lifespan that others are reporting are for wear on the sole because of heel strikers, not sure about the actual ZoomX.

I've probably logged 150-200 on mine (not enough halfs around my way and I want to actually enjoy the shoes so I just run in them anyways when I feel like it :lol: ) and I don't have the same experience as you.

Try it again on your next run and see if it still feels odd. Sometimes it's also dependent on what i've been wearing for a while, like if wear boots for a week straight, once I switch to sneakers everything just feels weird.

But yeah, keep us updated.

Sucks man...so what do you do just trash a $250 shoe?

Nah, I think it's still durable to run in. It doesn't feel bottomed out; it's just lower to the ground. It likely just has to do with my stride like rfx45 rfx45 was mentioning above. My right side has a bit of a sensitive (although stronger now compared to last year) Achilles that sometimes make me strike midfoot or heel. In addition, I use more strength on my right leg than my left.

150 mile lifespan that others are reporting are for wear on the sole because of heel strikers, not sure about the actual ZoomX.

I've probably logged 150-200 on mine (not enough halfs around my way and I want to actually enjoy the shoes so I just run in them anyways when I feel like it :lol: ) and I don't have the same experience as you.

Try it again on your next run and see if it still feels odd. Sometimes it's also dependent on what i've been wearing for a while, like if wear boots for a week straight, once I switch to sneakers everything just feels weird.

But yeah, keep us updated.

When I ran in them this morning, it felt fine. When I walked casually in it, it felt uneven that.

Either this is really a durability thing... or I wore one older running sock and one newer running sock. I have two sets of the same socks, but I wore one pair (about 2 months ahead of the newer pair) way ahead before the other.

This is a weird conversation now that I'm talking about this. I'm drunk.

I'll compare it again when I get a chance and see if the socks made a difference. Would be easy to determine by finding out if the left one sinks in lower than my right shoe.

I get that every year Nike has to make bigger and better to get you to keep coming back around (and also get deeper into that wallet)...but are they saying that 4% return on the VaporFly is now 13% return on the Nike React????

Before VF... Lunarepic was my go to for long distance running...now Im VF and by extension ZF all day.....I still train in Lunarepics but thats pretty much it....

At first glance I thought react was targeted at the BOOST crowd but from the reviews it looks to be targeted at runners eliminating that Lunarepic space....

I guess its going to be hard to say until they release them...but I for one am not a fan of running in Full Length Boost....Forefoot, midfoot, or heel yes....but Full Length ill pass....

Interested to see how these play out...

I get that every year Nike has to make bigger and better to get you to keep coming back around (and also get deeper into that wallet)...but are they saying that 4% return on the VaporFly is now 13% return on the Nike React????

Before VF... Lunarepic was my go to for long distance running...now Im VF and by extension ZF all day.....I still train in Lunarepics but thats pretty much it....

At first glance I thought react was targeted at the BOOST crowd but from the reviews it looks to be targeted at runners eliminating that Lunarepic space....

I guess its going to be hard to say until they release them...but I for one am not a fan of running in Full Length Boost....Forefoot, midfoot, or heel yes....but Full Length ill pass....

In a company competition standpoint, it's supposed to rival SOMETHING in Adidas, I guess. In its true nature though, React is supposed to be the better version of Lunarlon. Lunarlon bottoms out fast, and my opinion on them is that Lunarlon is not responsive, at least for my preference. My expectations of responsiveness are very different.

Vaporfly isn't about giving 4% of the energy back, it is that you run 4% more efficient in comparison to their other Nike shoes (I believe it was the Zoom Streak 6 that they used as a platform base).

The two are also constructed differently, the Vaporfly/Zoomfly has that plate sandwiched in the sole that propels you while React doesn't, I see it more as an answer to Bounce than Boost but I can't really be 100% certain until I try on a pair. I doubt you will get that feeling of being propelled forward stride for stride in the EpicReact like you do in ZoomFly/VaporFly despite the claimed energy return.

And also, the 13% more energy claims is based off of the old Lunarlon alone.

The 13% is in comparison to Lunarlon

Back
Top Bottom