Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

28058978_973023726180759_4909842433611261747_n.jpg

Vaporlfy 4% after 2000km via runix.fr

VNDS, worn once for photoshoot.

really should have stopped after 500 miles :lol:

probably felt like free runs at about 700 miles mark

Thinking about copping some 4%s for $300 but I am not even a serious runner and don't know if the extra $150 is worth it (over Zoom Fly or Epic Reacts)

Thinking about copping some 4%s for $300 but I am not even a serious runner and don't know if the extra $150 is worth it (over Zoom Fly or Epic Reacts)
Well they probably won’t be worth it to you then because they are more of a “race day” shoe. I think most people in her train in Zoom Flys and sporadicly train in VF’s because they are not durable.

But if your a baller go for it lol.

20180124_105452.jpg

So I decided to take apart the right shoe of my Vaporfly 4%. A few thinks I found:

1. The base is made of two pieces of ZoomX with the carbon firbe blade sandwiched inbetween them. The pieces have been glued to each other but the foam between the two pieces seems to also have fused together. Hence why the blade is covered in foam.

2. The shoe is incredible hard to take apart. The only thing I could cleanly detach from the shoe was the front rubber piece. Everthing else like the upper and the back rubber still had foam on them when I had taken them off.

3. The paint on the sole is a thin layer.

Well they probably won’t be worth it to you then because they are more of a “race day” shoe. I think most people in her train in Zoom Flys and sporadicly train in VF’s because they are not durable.

But if your a baller go for it lol.
Na no balling over here. Yea i don't know if I can justify double the price, thanks for the reply I am going to hold out for now.

don't do it

I run in them and I wouldn't pay a $1 over retail

and that's coming from the shoes helping me set a new pr on a half :lol:

welp, gunna be running Boston this year it looks like. Might have to look out for the next 4% drop now :nerd:

so what is the right info?

i sthink solebox just has the wrong info but hypebeast reported on it having react and being $220 without even mention "street" at all

now end has it for $185 and no mention of react?

don't do it

I run in them and I wouldn't pay a $1 over retail

and that's coming from the shoes helping me set a new pr on a half :lol:

+1

I wont pay over retail and the VF helped get me to a 7min 34sec PR on my half earlier this month. 1:28:20.

074CC80F-7C15-4F06-B693-8954311BFEA9.jpeg
so what is the right info?

i sthink solebox just has the wrong info but hypebeast reported on it having react and being $220 without even mention "street" at all

now end has it for $185 and no mention of react?
I had it in hand and it does not feel like react, more of a predestrian midsole feel. The Shoes were very light, almost cheap and the flyknit felt coarse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom