Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I thought the sole in the current ZF model was Lunarlon?

From NDC;

Smooth, Responsive Ride
Lunarlon cushioning combines soft and firm foam for a balance of shock absorption, stability and response, without sacrificing comfort.
There's a video of Nike designers discussing the shoe, and they mention it has React. People confirmed that it has react, but they didn't mention it since the foam had yet to debut.

There's a video of Nike designers discussing the shoe, and they mention it has React. People confirmed that it has react, but they didn't mention it since the foam had yet to debut.

I remember somewhere reading that the ZF currently has React encased in Lunarlon. Sounds like ZF2 will be ALL react, no Lunarlon casing. That's my understanding

I was all in on the bone SP’s but after seeing the Fast colorway, I’m undecided.

60A2AD10-17E5-43C1-B139-CB23B10BF1E2.jpeg

Anyone have 87s and the Zoom Fly? Did you get the same size? I'm contemplating the Fly SP on the Nike sale ($96) or even the bone pair on Notre with discount ($128. Main question would be, which wins for all day comfort?
EDIT: Bone on oneness for $113 plus shipping!

Last edited:
i don't have the 87s but do have the epic react and i'd probably go with the 87's, it's all react midsole while the zoomfly had that plate sandwiched in between the midsole that makes it less plush

zoomfly also has that rocking front and back motion that could feel unstable and weird for walking to some

Anyone have 87s and the Zoom Fly? Did you get the same size? I'm contemplating the Fly SP on the Nike sale ($96) or even the bone pair on Notre with discount ($128. Main question would be, which wins for all day comfort?

I don't really like the ZF or ZFSP for casual wear, so my vote would be for the 87s. But if it were up to me, I'd pick the Epic Reacts.

I’ve never tried on the 87s, but I’d think those would be more comfy for casual purposes. The ZF sole has a rocking motion to it...

Also interesting that he refers to it as the 'Zoom Fly 1' — guessing some conversation about other Zoom Flys was happening off-camera. This was from back in April already.

zoom fly came out a year ago and breaking2 was in development for years before that and birthed zoomfly

pretty sure ZF2 has been on the planning stages once the ZF1 released if not earlier

wouldn't be surprised if they initially wanted it with react and flyknit and went "we can get away with regular upper and part lunarlon with the ZF1, ZF2 can have react and fk" and that way the SPs would sell too

I tried bone from oneness. Will post pics in a few days. Also was curious if SP is drastically different for casual wear vs. standard ZF. Thanks again guys.

it's exactly the same outside of my sizing up half for the sp

sp uppers aren't as durable but for casual use it shouldn't be an issue, it might even be lighter actually

Wasn't able to find the coupon section in the Cart. Are these excluded from disco?

EDIT: need to use US IP to get the disco.

I love the epic reacts for all usages. Casual just a bit snug.
And dont think I’ll mind the rocking motion of the ZF. Excited to compare

i've worn the zfsp for all day casual walking and i am used to it so it doesn't bother me at all

i just really like the silhouette a lot

Yup, ZF SP all day doesn't bother me either. I also thought I was done w/ ZFs until the 2s, but those new colorways are pretty nice.

I'll be galavanting around Europe for 3 months, so hoping the ZFSP will give me that comfort of a daily shoe, and also bits of jogging (trying to stay fit lol).

Looking forward to the Bones.

Same TTS size on both for me. I prefer the Zoom Fly SP for running and casual.

Back
Top Bottom