Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I saw these on ebay. They're the colorway that elites wore at Boston. Do you think they'll release this colorway to the public? Or the next batch of VF will be the new (flyknit) iteration?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Zoom-Vaporfly-4-Bright-Crimson-Ice-Blue-10-5-880847-640-100-Authentic/192612039118?hash=item2cd89279ce:m:mzTX9FkuUifpneEzhAS5xzg&var=492749710459&_sacat=0&_nkw=vaporfly+10.5&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC0.A0.H0.Xvaporfly+10.5.TRS0

i wouldn't be surprised if there are no more VF1 colorways to come out

that also looks too similar to the bright crimson so it likely won't come out

now that's the price i'm talking about, just wish they had a 10.5 or 11

Those look awesome! But man, for $700, sheesh!!! That's the exact same CW we've seen the first flyknit version in too

Those look awesome! But man, for $700, sheesh!!! That's the exact same CW we've seen the first flyknit version in too

Yea, my size but I'm not forking out elite or flyprint level pricing for a standard VF. There isn't even a "make an offer" option

97E13412-C0F3-4C78-8BDF-B6E986E41C61.jpeg

87231DB1-DFCC-49A2-806E-6EBD9F60B63A.jpeg

Got a Breaking2 book from a friend there's some great interviews and pictures on the project that I'll try and post.

I like that quote on the bottom right where she says "the weight thing went out the door right away. It's all about energy return". That sums up a lot and the difference is clear between the direction Nike is headed versus Adidas. The Sub2 shoes are basically an even more stripped down Adios, which was already very minimal. Seems like some other companies like Brooks are on board though.

been neglecting the zoom flys these past two weeks (vacation + release of the PegTurbo) and forgot how great they really feel. The plate definitely makes a difference compared to running in the Reacts and PegTurbo’s

Did a 30 min tempo run, don’t mind the time on the bottom, forgot to adjust the feedback frequency through the NRC app so I had to end the run and start over

33BA893F-7532-4DFF-ACB3-5B370D857FD9.jpeg

My running rotation. Was using the VF for speed workouts and had to give them a break lol

You made comments on your running//casual/performance perspective prior so was curious how you felt the epic react stacked up against the ZFSP

Not sure if this is useful, but here’s what I can say. I’ve been running relatively consistently for the better part of two decades now, but I know almost nothing about running. Like, I put my shoes and shorts on, I go out the door or I drive somewhere and I run for 20-60 minutes. Sometimes I do intervals, sometimes I go further, usually I just do the same 3-5 mile road run day in, day out. But that’s the extent to which I vary things. I take breaks when my legs get sore and I think I might be risking injury. There’s no method or regimented approach. I don’t really know what words like “tempo” and “recovery” mean in the context of running. I don’t really understand the differences between shoes, except that I know I supinate and I know if a shoe is uncomfortable. If, instead of running, I could play tennis or baseball everyday, I would rather do those things.

I have three pairs of the Zoom Fly SPs and one pair of the Epic Reacts, which says something about which shoe I prefer. If I try to articulate the preference, it’s a little less defined. The Epic React is a comfortable shoe right out of the box. I remember thinking, “This is the most comfortable shoe I’ve ever worn,” when I got my pair. It’s responsive without being squishy soft like an Ultra Boost. And it is quite comfortable for casual wear. I find it less comfortable for running, where I prefer the ZF SP—and I think that’s the reason for my preference for the SP. The other reason I prefer it is that I prefer the look of the SP. It’s more unique and I like the details on and inside the tongue, on the heel, etc. As I’ve mentioned in this thread, they’re on par with anything from the Off-White collab. One thing I don’t like about the SP is that the upper is very porous. Spill a drop of water on it, and it’ll go right through. The other thing I don’t like is that they weren’t immediately comfortable, and it took a lot of experimenting with different lacing and socks, to make them so. (I, like a lot of people, thought I needed to go up 0.5 sizes and I did try sizing up but ultimately decided that TTS works best.)

I’ve also tried the VaporFly 4%, which is amazing when I am going fast, but I couldn’t justify the extra expense over the SP for my normal runs. (I don’t really race anymore.) And I’ve been running with the Pegasus Turbos for the past couple weeks, but I don’t really like the look with the high contrast swoosh and I actually didn’t find them as comfortable for running as everyone else seems to. They’re the most comfortable shoe I’ve owned for casual wear, but ultimately, they’re probably going back to Nike for a refund.

nice write-up

good pov of a casual runner who just wants to run

how are the SPs upper holding up?

zoom fly sp sizing question... dont have the ability to try them on before ordering. i'm a 9-9.5 in flyknit racers.

in regards to racers for me - nike super no show thin socks i can fit a 9 with no pain at all, a 9.5 definitely has a bit of room but if i use regular nike socks the 9 is snug and 9.5% have small amount of room.

do the uppers stretch out after several wears?

idk what size you should get because I don't have the racers, but my SPs haven't stretched that I've noticed.

Just got ZF SP breaking2 from
Nike sale in.. upper is pretty awesome. Detailing is so nice. I’m impressed. Almost too nice to sweat and mash up on some heavy outdoor running. :lol:

Feel great on foot, quick try on w thick socks. Cushioning is obv nutty. Glad I went size 12.5 (epic react size 12 snug, have to wear w no insole casually). I kinda went back to these after the sail element 87’s eluded me, but v happy to have this tech.

Always had my eye on em but w the under retail grab I’m excited to break em in casually and when I move into my new house soon, there’s an outdoor track a half mile away that I plan on running and tracking at more.

36CBFCA4-3438-491D-9D02-FDB49B445E75.jpeg

Last edited:
Nike sale in.. upper is pretty awesome. Detailing is so nice. I’m impressed. Almost too nice to sweat and mash up on some heavy outdoor running. :lol:

Feel great on foot, quick try on w thick socks. Cushioning is obv nutty. Glad I went size 12.5 (epic react size 12 snug, have to wear w no insole casually). I kinda went back to these after the sail element 87’s eluded me, but v happy to have this tech.

Always had my eye on em but w the under retail grab I’m excited to break em in casually and when I move into my new house soon, there’s an outdoor track a half mile away that I plan on running and tracking at more.

Nice pickup. I grabbed a pair from the sale, as well. I like them better than the 87s for both design and comfort. Don't worry about running in them. Just wipe off the midsole on a regular basis to keep it clean. :smile:

I feel the same way. They are too nice to run in. I think I’d rather run in my Black Pegasus Turbos.

zoom fly sp sizing question... dont have the ability to try them on before ordering. i'm a 9-9.5 in flyknit racers.

in regards to racers for me - nike super no show thin socks i can fit a 9 with no pain at all, a 9.5 definitely has a bit of room but if i use regular nike socks the 9 is snug and 9.5% have small amount of room.

do the uppers stretch out after several wears?

I wear size 9 in everything and i got 9.5 w/ the SP's. Ther s no stretch to them

Didn't realise so many people ran in the SPs, does the cushioning feel much different to the regular zoom fly or is it just the upper that's different?

I said it in the wdywt thread, these are the best gym shoe/runner ive ever owned. Think ill grab another pair to ice first chance i get, or ponder waiting for a future cw instead.

1400E716-4950-4CE6-A6C0-C1DE46BD0E28.jpeg

After seeing a few reviews of the Turbos, im now weighing up between these and the bone SPs.

Anyone chime in which would be preferred for casual use? Will be walking around like a few hours a day during my holiday in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom