Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Have you looked at the epic reacts as an option? I used my dedicated running pair for casual use a few weeks back on vacay in SC and it was really comfortable. Definitely a lot of walking involved.

Price wise, they're $30-$40 cheaper than the turbo's but I feel it's a better option as $190 ish a bit much for a casual shoe.

Odyssey React & EXP-X14 are some other options that comes to mind.

Unfortunately, do not own an SP but if you're considering them, check NDC for the current 20% promo. They have some options for around the $100 margin.

Thanks dude.

Love the EK civic btw.

I have a pair of Reacts but feel they’re a bit too soft for longer periods of walking. In fact I’ve only worn these a handful of times as it’s winter where I am.

I don’t mind the price point simply because I’ll also use this shoe for causal runs i.e. trying to stay fit on holiday.

Typically I stray away from wearing purpose built shoes casually, though I think running shoes and casual shoes are more blurred than basketball shoes and causal shoes.

I’ll dig through this thread and the Pegasus thread and see what the general consensus is.

Thanks dude.

Love the EK civic btw.

I have a pair of Reacts but feel they’re a bit too soft for longer periods of walking. In fact I’ve only worn these a handful of times as it’s winter where I am.

I don’t mind the price point simply because I’ll also use this shoe for causal runs i.e. trying to stay fit on holiday.

Typically I stray away from wearing purpose built shoes casually, though I think running shoes and casual shoes are more blurred than basketball shoes and causal shoes.

I’ll dig through this thread and the Pegasus thread and see what the general consensus is.

Thanks, was my old project I miss dearly. Went from an auto single-cam to a K series (K24) swap lol

Got it. I know some others in here strictly use the SP for casual use and will chime in when they see your post. Other than the upper, I believe there is no difference in midsole construction between the ZF & ZFSP, so the feel of the plate just wouldn't work for me as a casual shoe.

I said it in the wdywt thread, these are the best gym shoe/runner ive ever owned. Think ill grab another pair to ice first chance i get, or ponder waiting for a future cw instead.

1400E716-4950-4CE6-A6C0-C1DE46BD0E28.jpeg
I agree they are a great gym shoe but I’d have to disagree about a runner. For me the upper has no structure thus does not provide that lock down feeling that I expect in a runner.

Love Gyakusou/Undercover & its rare that a decent shoe model with the branding ever comes out at all. The only ones I have are their RN Commuters. Aside from the crossbones, these will also have to do.

Finally got to try on the SPs. They felt definitely fit on small for me. I felt like going up 1/2 a size would be best for me. Going up one whole size wasn’t bad either. However, for a sole swap, TTS, is the way to go. :wink:

Last edited:
Oneness order arrived. Got a 10 in these and a 10 in Element. I wear 10 in racers and 9.5 in pretty much all other Nike (Flyknit, Janoski, 9 in Presto, etc). This SP is one of those shoes were my big toenail feels like it’s going to rip through the material!
image.jpg
image.jpg

They seem more comfortable and certainly make less “squishing” noise when just walking around the house, compared to 87. Don’t want to eat the oneness restocking fee (now I see it’s store credit refund only, so anyone looking for a 10 in these DM), but do those that have this shoe think I go up to 10.5? I may get the white/red on Nike with that clearance/ebates...

Last edited:
There were a couple of ZF SPs at the outlet (SL) for $80-90. I’m hoping to grab the White/Red cw when an additional discount is available and swapping the sole onto a Peg30...

And.... he won. The Flyknit's must be that good!

Any word if they are going to add more rubber on the heel of the 4%? I can't see spending that much on a shoe knowing the heel is going to wear out well before the rest of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom