Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Because...

35C6279C-9A14-4514-BE33-EB02AFBC84BA.jpeg
I keep seeing this here, and I don't agree with it at all. If you line up the back of the actual heel of the shoe rather than the midsole, it looks like this.

Attachments

• VFFK.jpg
    VFFK.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 58
Appears the Flyprint will be releasing this weekend in NYC @ Nike Flatiron, Saturday Morning

Not standing in line for that, not that I could, I have a 5K that morning. Good luck to those that will be attempting

I remember last year when I got access and asked if there would a line, woman flat out told me no one is paying $600 for running shoes so you should be fine :rofl:

Appears the Flyprint will be releasing this weekend in NYC @ Nike Flatiron, Saturday Morning

Not standing in line for that, not that I could, I have a 5K that morning. Good luck to those that will be attempting

I remember last year when I got access and asked if there would a line, woman flat out told me no one is paying $600 for running shoes so you should be fine :rofl:

I’ve also heard that there will only be 25 pair and it will be in person only. No surprise on that, but again, that’s the current rumor mill.

I keep seeing this here, and I don't agree with it at all. If you line up the back of the actual heel of the shoe rather than the midsole, it looks like this.

Your post is 100% more accurate as it matches my comparison with original Vaporfly. Length-wise, they are practically the same size. It's the Flynit that may be tight for some due to feet shape being different for everyone. That first pic...the sidewalk is crooked.

Yea just heard the same (except stock allocation)

Crazy thing is Nike isn't confirming price or color until Saturday morning so you basically won't have concrete information on what is coming or the price until they swing open the door...

Plus FCFS in NYC is for resellers only....

I'm good have fun guys....guess I'm just ordering 4%'s....

To each his or her own but all I can say is that a 10.5 in the OG fits me perfectly while a 10.5 in the FK runs a bit short.

Solid info on the flyprints. Where are you guys hearing the info? Wish it was by invite only for nrc app users

To each his or her own but all I can say is that a 10.5 in the OG fits me perfectly while a 10.5 in the FK runs a bit short.

i agree i ran in the original 4 percents which only fit me with a thicker sock. i got the FK version in the same size and theyre VERY tight even with the thinnest sock. I ran 15 miles in them and they felt tight. I would worry abobut running an extra 11 in them. got .5 up and theyre perfect with a thick sock.

Solid info on the flyprints. Where are you guys hearing the info? Wish it was by invite only for nrc app users
Me too...

Push notifications went out in the Nike app for all NYC marathon events...

Resellers are hooked to info so I'm pretty sure the word is out...

Last year you had to rsvp in the running app so no chance to just pay some homeless dude to wait in line for you....

It's 8am which is good...but who feels like getting up early and waiting to get the chance to speed $600 on a size 4 or 17 cause that's all that's left....

As I said....yea I'm good...have fun kids

I agree with Cody_. That picture bothers me. The heel cup is simply further back on the flyknit due to the way the upper is constructed. The heel cup is further forward in the OG's because it's more structured. That picture is simply measuring/comparing the length of the outsole, which doesn't say much in terms of the fit of the upper. 10.5 in OG and flyknit fit the same for me.

Went TTS on my OG Vaporfly and my FK Vaporfly. The FK fits a little more snug but like a sock, my first run and only run so far in them was in a half marathon race and I had 0 issues with any type of discomfort. I’d imagine the Flyknit will stretch over time and would definitely recommend going TTS.

I’ve also heard that there will only be 25 pair and it will be in person only. No surprise on that, but again, that’s the current rumor mill.

If anyone wants to help a brutha out and snag a size 10 in the Flyprints....I'll happily pay extra for your trouble/help. Just dont want to pay the crazy reseller pricing for a pair I would be racing in.

I agree with Cody_. That picture bothers me. The heel cup is simply further back on the flyknit due to the way the upper is constructed. The heel cup is further forward in the OG's because it's more structured. That picture is simply measuring/comparing the length of the outsole, which doesn't say much in terms of the fit of the upper. 10.5 in OG and flyknit fit the same for me.

Yep. Unless you have a weird shaped foot (i.e. thick at the toes) or bought your VF1s snug, the VFFK is the same exact shoe. It's just that the flyknit is tighter than the VF1's engineered mesh.

Nothing in Europe too....

I have just send back to Nike my Vaporfly Flyknit, true size, but too small ! Will take one size up !

If restock here....

Do you need an oop? CAN USD rate may suck but can help out if you need
Thanks for the offer, but I'm good haha. I have a 10% off code - was thinking about grabbing another pair to have in reserve but I'll be patient. New colorways will be out soon enough hopefully

On not-so-important-news, NDC dropped more colorways on ZF FK and the camo SP. Contemplating if I buy the camo now, and wait until I can find better deal elsewhere then return :evil:

The more I think about it, the more I'll be interested to see how/if Nike releases the Flyprint around the NYC marathon. When they dropped (quickly) in Chicago, it was a limited release of 50 pair and they came in the acrylic box, which were numbered XX/50, depending on the size.

If they release again, I wonder what, if anything, would be different about them in order to differentiate from the 50 in Chicago.

How did Chicago release them?

I know they gave out keychains but how did Nike give out the info on when and where to be for the keychains?

How did Chicago release them?

I know they gave out keychains but how did Nike give out the info on when and where to be for the keychains?

Honestly, I'm not sure how the word got out. I heard about the keychains on release day as I came across a guy holding a pair in a store and he told me he had gone to the Nike racing event the night before and received the keychain. Come to find out, I walk back into Nike to check out the Flyprint area (3d printer/Nike rep talking about technology/prototypes on hand) and an employee tells me they had one pair left from the morning. Insane.

So irritated. I messaged RW this morning at 8:25am PT said they would have the 4% up at 8:30am PT. I kept refreshing the "new arrivals" page and nothing. I see on their front page that it's listed at the bottom of their page under "featured products." I missed it AGAIN. So annoyed.

Back
Top Bottom