Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

DrBCZsJXcAERjJn.jpg:large
dang, they're taking care of NYCM runners this year

Are those two rings? Blah I have no interest in trekking to UES to pick that up. The expo at Javits was the worst 30 minutes of my day.

What a maze they make it so you have to pass every single vendor before exiting.

anyone in here, regulars or lurkers, that are running this Sunday, wish you the best of luck. Enjoy, have fun and just work towards getting to the finish line.

I know we push ourselves to set PR's but crossing that finish line is the biggest and best accomplishment that comes from the work you put in!

anyone in here, regulars or lurkers, that are running this Sunday, wish you the best of luck. Enjoy, have fun and just work towards getting to the finish line.

I know we push ourselves to set PR's but crossing that finish line is the biggest and best accomplishment that comes from the work you put in!
#FACTS
I remember dying at mile 23 last year and this lady comes up to me and says just keep pushing....Remember some bastard wont take 100 steps today....you just did 23 miles and your gonna finish!! Just keep pushing....

Finishing the race is the biggest accomplish...be proud that you got out there...thats all that matters in the end...

Good luck everyone!!!! See you all on Sunday!!!!

Just received VF4s today. Took a light run on the treadmill for 3.3 Miles. Sub 8 + 9 Min Pace

First impressions:
  • Bottom is already starting to eat away
  • Nice and light, more bounce than Peg Turbos
  • TTS Size 11 in my opinion (I wear size 11 in Peg 35 & Turbos, had to size up in ZF SP to 11.5)
  • Sit much higher off the ground than Turbos
  • The bottom of my foot felt like it had to adjust to the carbon plate a little. I'm use to my Peg Turbos which have a more flexible sole.
  • Bottom of my foot felt more at ease after 1.5 Miles in
  • Slight heel slip, but didn't really bother me
For a casual runner who runs 30-50 Miles weekly, I'd go with the Turbos due to the price and durability factor. But I plan on taken them for another test run later tonight and it may change my mind.

VP4.jpg

IMG_6778-2.jpg

they are lace tag/buckle like the ones you see on the AF1s
Ahhh I see I see. Still not very appealing to me. Maybe like a limited edition poster
Just received VF4s today. Took a light run on the treadmill for 3.3 Miles. Sub 8 + 9 Min Pace

First impressions:
  • TTS Size 11 in my opinion (I wear size 11 in Peg 35 & Turbos, had to size up in ZF SP to 11.5)
  • The bottom of my foot felt like it had to adjust to the carbon plate a little. I'm use to my Peg Turbos which have a more flexible sole.
For a casual runner who runs 30-50 Miles weekly, I'd go with the Turbos due to the price and durability factor. But I plan on taken them for another test run later tonight and it may change my mind.

VP4.jpg

IMG_6778-2.jpg
all showing NYCM support, thank you!

In regards to this post.. I don’t know too many rec runners hitting 30-50 miles per week. Not that it’s necessarily a lot of mileage but it’s defintetly no weekend warrior.

For $70 more I think a runner should splurge on the VF4%. I’m not sure what Nike was thinking with their $180 price point for Peg Turbos. I don’t think they sold as well as expected.

Same price as Adidas premier marathon shoe (sub 2’s).. but billed mainly as a tempo workout shoe or hard workout shoe.

They don’t seem to be pushing the Peg Turbos for racing.

First impressions:

It's strictly a racing shoe definitely better options out there just for training. From my own experience you get maybe 140ish miles out of them before they lose the bounce feeling. I wouldn't consider 30-50ish weekly casual either considering most people run marathons off that mileage. I'm usually in that area when i'm not training for anything.

Good luck to everyone running NYC tomorrow! i'll be out there on 1st/5th ave cheering most likely. Always get major fomo seeing everyone run but i try not to run the same marathon twice.

Anyone else out there this morning to buy the FP Elites?

Glad I got my size. It was an interesting mix of obvious resellers and obvious runners lol. Very civilized lineup

Glad I got my size. It was an interesting mix of obvious resellers and obvious runners lol. Very civilized lineup

I'm looking for a size 10...you know how many total they had??

I was going back and forth but decided to pass. When i see the elites mainly racing in the flyknit 4% makes me question the shoe. Especially at that pricepoint.

What time were you out there this morning to line up? I was thinking about going but figured resellers would eat everything up and decided to get the extra rest for tomorrow's race.

Oh man. They’re sold out now. I don’t even know if they had enough for everyone on line.

I believe box say out of 100. So 50 Chicago and another 100 for NYC

I figured that..I'm in Socal anyway. Just wondering the numbers available

What time were you out there this morning to line up? I was thinking about going but figured resellers would eat everything up and decided to get the extra rest for tomorrow's race.
Between 5-6am. Put me at 14th in line. Employees were outside early on so it was well organized.

In fact a few Nike Flatiron employees lined up on their day off to buy a pair.

Much more relaxed than going to the expo. Pulled up right in front, stopped raining at the perfect time, grabbed a couple of folding chairs (let the guy in front of me sit on the other one), and just chilled for the two hours.

Talked running mainly. Quite different from some of my other lineup experiences that’s for sure.

You shoulda came.

Just a side note: employee who was on the line told me he can’t talk #’s (which was weird since Chicago was talking 50 pairs available the whole time).. he said you’ll get a pair for sure when you get up there.

Weird douchey kid two in front of me wearing a trench coat asks for a 12. The guard says no 12’s left. He goes ok 9.

Wtf? How obvious. Lmao. Not even like ok well 11 then :lol:

My gut says Flyprints will eventually release as Hyperadapts did.

If not, fk it. I’m over it

My gut says Flyprints will eventually release as Hyperadapts did.

If not, fk it. I’m over it
Hopefully. I can’t see why not since there’s obviously a demand. SNKRS app would’ve never posted about them if not.

Also, unlike the super limited nature surrounding the London release of FP’s... these are like a roll out. First we see this pair (slightly different) at Virgil’s fashion show, then 50 pairs for Chi, SNKRS app mention, 100 for NYC.

I bet this is just the start. The lady at Nike giving us the presentation on them didn’t have info regarding more availability down the road.

I also asked her why Kipchoge chose not to wear the FP’s for his WR in Berlin. She said he preferred the comfort of the Flyknit Elites since rain was not a factor. She said when it rains they’ll wear them. So these are $700 rain running shoes lol.

She was quick to point out that Rupp wore the FP’s in Boston down pour, someone else wore them in a half, and Kipchoge wore them in his last London victory.

It just seems as if the pro’s prefer the soft Flyknit to the sort of rough 3D print. Check the last few major races. You won’t find many or any FP’s.

I thought for sure Mo Farah would wear them in the half he went :59 in a few weeks before Chicago.. or maybe in Chicago. Nope and nope. Actually his wife wore them lol. She wore them in that UK based half.. she ran a PR of 1:45 in the flyprints.

I'm actually surprised there are only currently 16 pairs of the Flyprint on StockX and 8 on Ebay...all are stupidly priced of course though.

20180331_180012.png
I also asked her why Kipchoge chose not to wear the FP’s for his WR in Berlin. She said he preferred the comfort of the Flyknit Elites since rain was not a factor. She said when it rains they’ll wear them. So these are $700 rain running shoes lol.

She was quick to point out that Rupp wore the FP’s in Boston down pour, someone else wore them in a half, and Kipchoge wore them in his last London victory.

It just seems as if the pro’s prefer the soft Flyknit to the sort of rough 3D print. Check the last few major races. You won’t find many or any FP’s.

I thought for sure Mo Farah would wear them in the half he went :59 in a few weeks before Chicago.. or maybe in Chicago. Nope and nope. Actually his wife wore them lol. She wore them in that UK based half.. she ran a PR of 1:45 in the flyprints.

3x World Half, 2 x World XC and current NYC champion Geoffrey Kamworor has so far ran only in flyprints on the road this year, winning both the Valencia World Half Championship and BENGALURU 10K.

Expecting him to win NYC in a pair of flyprints this Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom