Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

62F18EDE-BE9F-4C40-A69D-AEB688AE5B7D.gif

Dude whatever you need to say to make yourself feel special. You and I are one of the few with both pairs and I get the logic here. Ours are limited, ours are $600, ours have to be better foam.

I know it’s the same lol. You could live in your fantasy world and keep pushing the narrative “oh you guys don’t know how much better the elites are because you don’t have them”...

Just to add my two cents wasn't able to try on the next% as my initial pair went to a friend running a charity soon but the pair that came in felt identical in terms of density to my elites and flyprints. This doesn’t mean however on foot that they would feel identical as I can’t confirm that yet. Between the next% and the elites/flyprints I’d definitely reccomend choosing what materials feel best to his or her individual persons but most feedback from runners testing suggest the next% is the current preferred compeition model.

Last edited:
The "checker box" pattern and straight line inside the swoosh on those ZF3 kinda ruin it for me. I guess it represents the finish line? Interesting to find out how the outsole would perform and last. It looks the same as vapor street. Maybe I'll wait for the B/W or right color combo. It definitely has my attention and the Peg Turbo 2. Can't wait!

As someone who owns and has ran in the OG 4%, 4% Flyknit, Vaporfly Elite Flyprint and the Next% I will say this:

Compared to the 4%, the elite feels like a sport turned version ot the 4%. Much lighter, less durable... you feel that it's lighter on foot but it's still feels that you have the same tooling in the midsole, the same engine so to speak, under your foot.

The Next% however, feels like the sequel to the 4% and the elite. Slightly lighter than the 4% flyknit, but alot more stable and a much greater bouce on toe-off. This is due to more foam, the lower heel to toe drop, the wider forefoot and better redesigned traction pattern the Next% has compared to the elite. Plus Vaporweave is much more breathable than the OG and flyknit and comes very close to flyprint. And you get a thin foam pod inside the heel that gives a much better locked in feeling in the heel than any other Vaporfly has given before, and you also have the rubber on the back going onto the edge on the midsole (to stop that peeling effect many people got on the heel with the 4%).

The Next% is a better shoe, full stop. It's a shoe with two years of development started from when the 4% and elite were finished being designed. The midsole alone would be worth talking about (look at all the pros using it in the fall marathons of 2018 ) but the upper is also amazing, hence why all of the pros used the final retail version of next% last month (Plus the Next% has the best shoe box + string bag nike running has ever made).

Trust me, the Next% is an upgrade from the elite and 4%.
July can not come soon enough for you lot!

P.S. Go with you OG 4% sizing for the Next%.

Last edited:
The "checker box" pattern and straight line inside the swoosh on those ZF3 kinda ruin it for me. I guess it represents the finish line? Interesting to find out how the outsole would perform and last. It looks the same as vapor street. Maybe I'll wait for the B/W or right color combo. It definitely has my attention and the Peg Turbo 2. Can't wait!

The swoosh is like that as if it was any thicker or more coloured in, it would decrease breathability.

As someone who owns and has ran in the OG 4%, 4% Flyknit, Vaporfly Elite Flyprint and the Next% I will say this:

Compared to the 4%, the elite feels like a sport turned version ot the 4%. Much lighter, less durable... you feel that it's lighter on foot but it's still feels that you have the same tooling in the midsole, the same engine so to speak, under your foot.

The Next% however, feels like the sequel to the 4% and the elite. Slightly lighter than the 4% flyknit, but alot more stable and a much greater bouce on toe-off. This is due to more foam, the lower heel to toe drop, the wider forefoot and better redesigned traction pattern the Next% has compared to the elite. Plus Vaporweave is much more breathable than the OG and flyknit and comes very close to flyprint. And you get a thin foam pod inside the heel that gives a much better locked in feeling in the heel than any other Vaporfly has given before, and you also have the rubber on the back going onto the edge on the midsole (to stop that peeling effect many people got on the heel with the 4%).

The Next% is a better shoe, full stop. It's a shoe with two years of development started from when the 4% and elite were finished being designed. The midsole alone would be worth talking about (look at all the pros using it in the fall marathons of 2018 ) but the upper is also amazing, hence why all of the pros used the final retail version of next% last month (Plus the Next% has the best shoe box + string bag nike running has ever made).

Great review!

I see what you mean. For certain cws (Electric Green and Pink), it doesn’t bother me. However, I’m not digging how it looks on the cws posted on this page.

Just to clarify, it appears that there’s a mesh (bootie?) layer that extends from the heel to an area right before the toes then another different texture of mesh covering the toe area? With that noted, the ZFs aren’t completely or do not have any translucent sections like the Next%, correct?

Last edited:
I know there's more react in the ZF3's but kinda wish the midsole had a similar geometry to the Next%'s/Elites. I'm guessing it'll be too heavy or they just don't want to do it or are saving it for the next iteration but I think it'd be interesting.

Will these shoes be widely available like the FK 4% come July? Or hard to come by like the OG?

Back
Top Bottom