Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I can't make any sense out of your standpoint. Are you a runner solely? Loling at casual users, but going to wait for more colorways yourself? So what is what? Form over function, or function over form? This phenomenon is just a continuation of how sneaker usage have always worked. -Shoes made for certain sports, but worn casually. With that said, I don't know for sure how well this particular shoe will functionally perform casually. But the SP's works great, for me! Soon receiving the 4%, though they wouldn't be my 1st hand CW either, if I have had a choice.

Yes I am a runner, but don't want to shell out $250 for these. The shoes are ugly. The only reason they are selling out is because stock is limited at the moment. When more come out, hopefully in plentiful numbers, then the beasts will go away. It's not likely that the general public will be scooping these up, due to the price point. Hence my comment about these hitting the outlets.

i dont get why would nike make these limited.
Likely testing the waters. Trickle them out, make them seem "limited" and they'll sell out with each drop. Zoom Flys were the same way and some colorways of the vapormax have been "restocking".

I can't make any sense out of your standpoint. Are you a runner solely? Loling at casual users, but going to wait for more colorways yourself? So what is what? Form over function, or function over form? This phenomenon is just a continuation of how sneaker usage have always worked. -Shoes made for certain sports, but worn casually. With that said, I don't know for sure how well this particular shoe will functionally perform casually. But the SP's works great, for me! Soon receiving the 4%, though they wouldn't be my 1st hand CW either, if I have had a choice.
And also, with sole materials this soft/responsive, and of this thickness, peoples weight will matter even more, concerning delivering a linear or progressive feel! Double the weight = double the deceleration/compression of the foam. For lightweight people, this might be the first shoe ever that feels cushioned, and for heavy people they may just feel sketchy. Presuming they keep the same exact speed, which they probably won't. There is a reason why top marathon runners often weigh around 130 pounds.

Yah...I'm about 220lbs and it was way softer than the SPs while walking around. On the treadmill they warmed up a little bit and felt dramatically different. The tech is insane. The cold state is a lot like boost...the warmed up state feels like a more balanced version of the Zoom Fly SP

While I usually accuse Nike of shorthanding stock to create some faux limited editions feeling, I think in this case their stock delivery was just unknown hence other retailers having an "estimate" release date that kept getting pushed back.

Nike themselves didn't seem sure when they would have finished production or ran into issues so the stores that got them in today probably got less than what they were suppose to get and that is why some of them are saying more stock coming.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if that was Nikes plan from the beginning lol

Pair feels crazy to run in. Ended up with a size 9.5 (I'm a 9.5-10) and they feel great. Tried on a 10 and found that my heel slipped a bit and the lockdown was quite the same so ended up going half a size down.

Attachments

• IMG_1380.JPG
    IMG_1380.JPG
    887.2 KB · Views: 51
Anyone who has both the Vaporfly 4% and the Zoom Fly care to comment on differences in sizing between the two?

Pair feels crazy to run in. Ended up with a size 9.5 (I'm a 9.5-10) and they feel great. Tried on a 10 and found that my heel slipped a bit and the lockdown was quite the same so ended up going half a size down.
This gives me hope that the 9.5 I was able to get today will fit me okay. I'm a 9.5-10 depending on the show as well. I bought a 10 in the Zoom Fly and they feel great, but I never tried a 9.5 in that shoe.

Vaporfly are surprisingly wide. Run longer too. Not sure if it’s a .5 difference but it’s close. The 4% are def bigger than the SP zoom fly. Not sure how the upper of the sp differs from the regular zf.
No!? Are you sure? I sized up 0.5 from my SP's. I Still have the chance on getting a second pair though. Do I need to get the same size as my SP's? SP's are almost too tight.

EDIT: I have wide feet!

2ND EDIT: Ordered a second pair. This is the essence of how messed up my hype has become.

Last edited:
No!? Are you sure? I sized up 0.5 from my SP's. I Still have the chance on getting a second pair though. Do I need to get the same size as my SP's? SP's are almost too tight.

2ND EDIT: Ordered a second pair. This is the essence of how messed up my hype has become.
I’m a very wide 12.5, so I often have to size up in my shoes. In the sp I sized up to a 13 and it’s a good (albeit a little snug) fit. The size 13 vaporfly was much roomier, my toes were swimming. So I could see sizing down to a 12.5 or a 12. Sounds like you’ve got enough coming in to guarantee a good fit.

Vaporfly are surprisingly wide. Run longer too. Not sure if it’s a .5 difference but it’s close. The 4% are def bigger than the SP zoom fly. Not sure how the upper of the sp differs from the regular zf.

I’m a very wide 12.5, so I often have to size up in my shoes. In the sp I sized up to a 13 and it’s a good (albeit a little snug) fit. The size 13 vaporfly was much roomier, my toes were swimming. So I could see sizing down to a 12.5 or a 12. Sounds like you’ve got enough coming in to guarantee a good fit.
This is good news. I would consider myself a wide 9.5, which results in me buying mostly 10s. I was only able to grab a 9.5 in the 4%, so I've been pretty worried until now. I'll still be on the hunt for a 10 just in case, but it looks like I might be alright.

Where did you order more pairs from?

IMG_5127.JPG Wow, RW pair arrived this morning at 8a. These are definitely TTS. I'm swimming in these. Went .5 up like I do with FKR but these are undoable. Will be oop'd.
I like the shape better on these than the Zoom Fly. Probably send my Zoom Flys back to Nike or turn them into dedicated training shoes.

I like the shape better on these than the Zoom Fly. Probably send my Zoom Flys back to Nike or turn them into dedicated training shoes.
Smart move. These are supposedly 100-120 milers. Beat up the zoom fly and raise the bar in the vaporfly.

Wow! I didn't expect the life span of the VFs to end that fast :frown:

What's the approximate life span of the ZFs?

Back
Top Bottom