Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

If anyone is looking for the Blue Fox VPs Heartbreak Hill Company is doing phone orders now. I think most sizes are gone but if you call the stores they might have an odd size or two left.

Are the Zoom Fly's closer to a Pegasus 33/34 type feel with the zoom or like a Lunarepic feel with lunar?

Really want to get a pair if they are closer to the zoom

I have probably only run like 50 miles in my Zoom flys due to vacation, but they seem to have pretty standard durability

I've put in about 70 miles on mine already, mostly races and marathon pace tempos. I'd expect they should easily last at least 300 miles.

Where did you order more pairs from?
Situated in Europe, ordered from Nike's website. Large sizes sell out instantly, but many smaller sizes are often available for a couple of days.

I personally prefer my shoes to fit as snug as possible, I want my toes to barely touch the shoe, without hurting. It's often unobtainable though..
I have had a few good laughs at people wearing 1" too long "see through" SP's, haha. Like over 2 full sizes big. You can even see it with the Vaporfly's, because of the slits.

Are the Zoom Fly's closer to a Pegasus 33/34 type feel with the zoom or like a Lunarepic feel with lunar?

Really want to get a pair if they are closer to the zoom

None of the above for me esp. when running. As others have mentioned, the ZF encourages good (and uptempo) running form with emphasis on forefoot/midfoot strike to hit the sweet spot aka plate for optimal energy return.

IMG_5127.JPG Wow, RW pair arrived this morning at 8a. These are definitely TTS. I'm swimming in these. Went .5 up like I do with FKR but these are undoable. Will be oop'd.

Yeah, can confirm: true to size, 0.5 gives just too much room. Running fells great in them, the sole's stiffness is different, but great!!

Yep just finished up a run this afternoon and I'd say these run TTS to slightly long. I'm 10 sometimes 9.5 (depends on the shoes) and had to go with the 9.5 since they sold out of 10s and boy am I glad that happened. The 10 would have fit fine but I prefer the snugness of the 9.5 especially with the the thin mesh upper. They feel .5 bigger than FKRs tbh if people are looking for a comparison.

Yeah I'm sure I will be unloading my Size 9 when they arrive. Sucks.

Running Warehouse shipped yesterday with Golden State Overnight w/ Saturday delivery.

I love these shoes so far. The comfort and bounciness is insane. They look better and feel better than the Zoom Fly.

I needed the same size as the Zoom Fly (10), so the 9.5 that I ordered from Nike will be going back.

Running Warehouse shipped yesterday with Golden State Overnight w/ Saturday delivery.

I love these shoes so far. The comfort and bounciness is insane. They look better and feel better than the Zoom Fly.

I needed the same size as the Zoom Fly (10), so the 9.5 that I ordered from Nike will be going back.

Did you find the issue was width wise on the 10 or length wise?

Did you find the issue was width wise on the 10 or length wise?
A little of both. They're a tiny bit longer but way roomier in the toe/forefoot area than the Zoom Fly.

This is fine for me because my foot is on the wider side. I attribute this to the thinner mesh make up of the upper.

Ok cool yeah that's exactly the same feeling I got for mine as well. I took the 9.5 rather than the 10 because of my preference for snugness.

Weighing in at 201lbs and clocking a little over 50 miles on my Zoom Flys

Today's run

IMG_2216.JPG

Aiming for another tomorrow morning. Didn't like how short this run was

I went with my TTS, size 10 in the vaporfly's from NDC. However, if these run big, i'm going to need a size 9.5 :/

VF's came in from RW. won't be able to test these out until Wednesday, as it raining today and forecast calls for showers tomorrow.

Going to break them in with a 2mi run. I broke my ZF's in with a 5mi run and the heel rubbed into my Achilles bad :angry:

Back
Top Bottom