Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Can anyone name Kipchoge’s shoes? — 2007 great north run

0CEE5CD2-F929-4FB7-8D4B-523CA5F473F6.jpeg
Zoom Marathoners?

I’m not really a fan of dark colored sneakers, but I couldn’t pass these preowned VF2s for $85+shipping. They have about ~160mi on them. 4BD99B78-49CE-45B5-9634-9AA513EF31E8.jpeg

I thought they were only good for ~150 miles, but maybe that was the first pair??

I don’t know why people started thinking they last for that few miles but I get more out of mine than that. First three pairs ive put 1500 miles on each, albeit not at a blistering pace. By then tho, they are absolutely trashed and the responsiveness has been compromised

I don’t know why people started thinking they last for that few miles but I get more out of mine than that. First three pairs ive put 1500 miles on each, albeit not at a blistering pace. By then tho, they are absolutely trashed and the responsiveness has been compromised
Thanks! I think a lot of early reports on the VF4 v1 cited low mileage counts, which prevented me from keeping the pairs I previously tried. If I can get 500 miles out of a pair, I’m in. Just gotta wait for another 20% off code. :D

My Flyknit 4% started feeling flat around 160 mi. Took them out of rotation.

I tend to swap them out around 200 miles. My issue is that with higher mileage I can feel the foam start to bottom out near the balls of my feet during my long runs. They feel fine for the first 10-15 miles, but somewhere during miles 15-24 I start noticing it. And it's super noticeable when walking right after finishing. And it's not like I'm a heavy dude who is thrashing them either since I'm only 135lbs. Though, fwiw, I do tend to replace all my running shoes earlier than most. Figure it's not worth the risk of injury just for bragging rights about how many miles I've put on a shoe. That and I think a lot of shoes lose their ability to hold up for longer distances a lot sooner than traditionally advertised (though I do only run on pavement and concrete, so that also needs to be factored in). I took my peg 35s out of rotation prematurely (even for me) because I felt like the zoom in the forefoot wasn't doing it's job, but after a few months I randomly decided to wear them on a run with my gf and low and behold, they felt great. So I've actually been using them again whenever I run with her. But I know for sure my feet would kill if I tried to wear them again on a regular training run. At least until the 37 comes out I'm content to just stick with my VF, turbo, and epic rotation.

I tend to swap them out around 200 miles. My issue is that with higher mileage I can feel the foam start to bottom out near the balls of my feet during my long runs. They feel fine for the first 10-15 miles, but somewhere during miles 15-24 I start noticing it. And it's super noticeable when walking right after finishing. And it's not like I'm a heavy dude who is thrashing them either since I'm only 135lbs. Though, fwiw, I do tend to replace all my running shoes earlier than most. Figure it's not worth the risk of injury just for bragging rights about how many miles I've put on a shoe. That and I think a lot of shoes lose their ability to hold up for longer distances a lot sooner than traditionally advertised (though I do only run on pavement and concrete, so that also needs to be factored in). I took my peg 35s out of rotation prematurely (even for me) because I felt like the zoom in the forefoot wasn't doing it's job, but after a few months I randomly decided to wear them on a run with my gf and low and behold, they felt great. So I've actually been using them again whenever I run with her. But I know for sure my feet would kill if I tried to wear them again on a regular training run. At least until the 37 comes out I'm content to just stick with my VF, turbo, and epic rotation.
I feel exactly the same about the Peg 35s. I loved them at first but then the forefoot cushioning just started to feel punishing. I gave them chance after chance and regretted it a few miles into a run. I use them exclusively on the treadmill now, and they're great there.

I'm doing all of my tempo/speed/long runs in VFs now. Fartleks and easy runs in Turbos. And easy runs in New Balance Beacons - surprisingly a fun shoe to run in, even though they look clunky.

After running in the hoka carbon x two days ago and then switching to the 4% flyknit for today’s run......

I prefer the hoka ride —- lol

Granted, I did run on the beach in the 4% and also have over 200miles on them ha

097834FD-B0D1-4343-B76E-3FD16FADD6A4.jpeg
Can you confirm the Hoka has a full rubber outsole and not the same sole as the 4%.

Back
Top Bottom