Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I can confirm:

125BD3C5-36C3-4BC8-89B5-B77B82845797.jpeg

DD1B9B9C-BD9F-4E6A-B7B3-39043AFF3E3C.jpeg

54126EAB-65EE-4819-B300-20DBEE11F390.jpeg

42A070CB-C1F8-4C7E-9526-58A28B6C7E8B.jpeg

You can see the carbon plate in the diamond cuts.
Repped! Your 4% pics are the exact reason why I asked. I hate the fact that the 4% only have 3 pieces of rubber on the sole.

ive never ordered from them before and just made an account so it was a new account :lol:

its all good, ill wait for a deeper discounts

Question for everyone who uses a Vaporfly in their rotation: I'm currently rethinking my entire rotation because I've been thinking about changing what shoes I use for certain kinds of runs. Usually I do most of my runs in a Zoom Fly (OG and flyknit) - like recovery runs, tempo runs, speed workouts, etc. while I used to sometimes throw in a daily trainer like the Epic React/Pegasus Turbo/now the Pegasus 35 for long runs and some recovery runs. That left me to use the Vaporfly exclusively for races.

With the Next% coming out and the Zoom Fly 3 coming out, I've been wondering if I should just not buy the ZF3 and just go with the Next%? I'm thinking if it would be better to use the Next% for speed workouts and races and just use a daily trainer like a Pegasus for most of my other runs. But the thing is I really like running in the Zoom Fly but I'm wondering if it's really necessary.

I'm open to suggestions and I'd like to hear what you guys use as your rotation!

Question for everyone who uses a Vaporfly in their rotation: I'm currently rethinking my entire rotation because I've been thinking about changing what shoes I use for certain kinds of runs. Usually I do most of my runs in a Zoom Fly (OG and flyknit) - like recovery runs, tempo runs, speed workouts, etc. while I used to sometimes throw in a daily trainer like the Epic React/Pegasus Turbo/now the Pegasus 35 for long runs and some recovery runs. That left me to use the Vaporfly exclusively for races.

With the Next% coming out and the Zoom Fly 3 coming out, I've been wondering if I should just not buy the ZF3 and just go with the Next%? I'm thinking if it would be better to use the Next% for speed workouts and races and just use a daily trainer like a Pegasus for most of my other runs. But the thing is I really like running in the Zoom Fly but I'm wondering if it's really necessary.

I'm open to suggestions and I'd like to hear what you guys use as your rotation!

I think you answered your own question. You, "really like" running in the ZoomFly, so why would you not use a shoe that makes running enjoyable for you? None of these shoes are really necessary, so run in what makes you happy.

I use:
ZF for a dirt path trail when I dont want to destroy my other shoes.
Peg Turbo for longer steady state, treadmill, and recovery runs.
VFFK (my least favorite VF) for track and treadmill speed work when I have no options.
OG VF for B races, NXT% for A races.

This guy won a trail 70k in VFFKs. I have a hard time believing anyone would take any VFs on trail, but somehow he made it happen.

This guy won a trail 70k in VFFKs. I have a hard time believing anyone would take any VFs on trail, but somehow he made it happen.

Kofuzi and I both used the NXT% for the Tunnel Marathon, which isnt a trail run per say, but is a packed dirt and gravel path. I think the VFs have a bad rep for being really unstable and fragile (see above on the lasting ~100 miles) but they perform well in most conditions.

via IG
FAAFCC4A-7767-4266-A3FE-75193A8DE1C7.jpeg

I LOVE how you can see two layers (Lighter Mesh section from the mid foot to toe and darker section from the mid foot to the heel) through the VaporWeave!

Kofuzi and I both used the NXT% for the Tunnel Marathon, which isnt a trail run per say, but is a packed dirt and gravel path. I think the VFs have a bad rep for being really unstable and fragile (see above on the lasting ~100 miles) but they perform well in most conditions.

Yeah only conditions I avoid are wet.

What's your reasoning for that? I have a 10K coming up this Sunday and there's currently some rain in the forecast. I was planning to still run in my Flyknit VFs most likely

I find em usable in the wet but if I need to change directions or have traction going downhill, I’m a bit uneasy in them. Find the grip just ok, but wouldn’t call it unsafe

What's your reasoning for that? I have a 10K coming up this Sunday and there's currently some rain in the forecast. I was planning to still run in my Flyknit VFs most likely

I ran the Chi marathon last year in the rain in a pair of VFFK straight out of the box and didn’t have any issues with traction.

I ran the Chi marathon last year in the rain in a pair of VFFK straight out of the box and didn’t have any issues with traction.

That’s cool. My sample size for that opinion is about 3000 miles but where I run is somewhat hilly so wet traction for me is critical. If you’re cool with them stick with em. Our body types might be dissimilar, running style and speed etc.

I find em usable in the wet but if I need to change directions or have traction going downhill, I’m a bit uneasy in them. Find the grip just ok, but wouldn’t call it unsafe
Fair enough. My biggest concern with them is becoming waterlogged. I'm sure the Flyknit just absorbs water like a sponge. I'm hoping to get a rainy run in, but it hasn't worked out that way. The course is mostly flat with wide corners so changing directions and traction isn't too too big of a concern.

Awesome, thanks! I know a lot of people ran Chicago in the VFFKs last year, including the elites. Hoping for the best and that it's not a downpour at the start line...

ZFFK felt so unstable to me. Loved running in them but anytime I stepped on a rock or uneven terrain I could feel my stride have to correct itself.

Might be because I have slightly wide feet though.

kofuzi runs near the water (not sure if its a lake or a beach) and he doesnt seem to have much issues with VFs traction

I’ve never once fallen on my *** or anything but it’s the last pair I’ll grab for wet runs

Any differences besides the uppers with the Zoom Fly 3’s and Zoom Fly Flyknits? Cushioning setup pretty much the same?

Last edited:
you got to specify which "flys"

zoomfly1 had a plastic plate while the zf2 got the same carbon plate from vaporfly with the addition of flyknit, i believe the zf3 only changed the uppers

vaporfly 1 and 2 only changed uppers while the next% has a slightly different midsole zoomx compound and a brand new upper

you got to specify which "flys"

zoomfly1 had a plastic plate while the zf2 got the same carbon plate from vaporfly with the addition of flyknit, i believe the zf3 only changed the uppers

vaporfly 1 and 2 only changed uppers while the next% has a slightly different midsole zoomx compound and a brand new upper

Zoom Fly 3s vs the Zoom Fly Flyknits

Back
Top Bottom