Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Got my BRS pair in. Still debating whether to keep them, but I’m leaning towards yes because I have little faith that Nike will do anything more interesting this year. But maybe I’m wrong and they’ll launch the AlphaFly with some good collabs or the Gyakusou design will be amazing?
9B44292D-C4F2-4296-BB84-B0898043D8ED.jpeg

Got my BRS pair in. Still debating whether to keep them, but I’m leaning towards yes because I have little faith that Nike will do anything more interesting this year. But maybe I’m wrong and they’ll launch the AlphaFly with some good collabs or the Gyakusou design will be amazing?
9B44292D-C4F2-4296-BB84-B0898043D8ED.jpeg

It's 2020. It's the Tokyo Olympics.
The Track and field colourway for the Olympics is always on fire.

Top50 finish in my race (6:39 average pace). I went with the old reliable VF2s. :blush:

I didnt want to risk busting out the VFNs on race day for their first wear lol. They’ll most likely be the race day choice for next month’s race(s).

Top50 finish in my race (6:39 average pace). I went with the old reliable VF2s. :blush:

I didnt want to risk busting out the VFNs on race day for their first wear lol. They’ll most likely be the race day choice for next month’s race(s).

Nice work! I ran a half this morning & used the Sail NXT%. Was solid until Mile 8 where we had strong head wind. Pace slipped but still a decent result.

Screenshot_20200202-104235_Chrome.jpg

Next race considerations: 10K in Hawaii or a somewhat local Shamrock 10K.

Hawaii would be only a one night thing. I’d leave super early in the morning on Saturday. Sleep then race Sunday early morning. Get to the airport by early afternoon. Arrive home before midnight then work the next morning. I’m looking at around $1K for this race.

Or the Shamrock one (on a Saturday) in a city about 50 min from me.

That's at Surf City, the event I did. I saw this dude. Bib numbers weren't assigned until check in so I was able to select "18824". Took me a bit and some volunteers help, but was ecstatic to have found it.

Nice! Great finish too.
I’m surprised they let the guy run bouncing the ball. I know people usually run in all types of costumes and getups, but that ball could trip someone up. Respect to the guy for his half marathon mamba mentality though.

thats pretty cool and tough

he probably had to get away from the crowds or be in one of the last corals

i been in a few marathons where a guy is juggling 3 balls the whole time. not too shabby of times either since he broke 3 a couple times.

just a quick discussion here since this is probably the most active running thread but it seems like adidas is really missing out with their running division and seems like they dont give a damn just like their bball line outside of hardens and lillards and maybe mitchell

many boasts about boost and adizero and UB (though lets be honest, UBs are casual shoes) but i see a lot more people with Hokas running/walking than adidas in the park or other event i run in

in the park i frequent which has a good bit amount of runners including those that run on trails and trains for triathlons and i dont think ive seen a single adidas shoes in 2-3 months

and now that they have limited the stack height of running shoes for competitors to 40mm, that leaked adidas that has a super high stack height might have to go back to the drawing board

i still see brooks and asics and saucony but rarely any adidas

just a quick discussion here since this is probably the most active running thread but it seems like adidas is really missing out with their running division and seems like they dont give a damn just like their bball line outside of hardens and lillards and maybe mitchell

many boasts about boost and adizero and UB (though lets be honest, UBs are casual shoes) but i see a lot more people with Hokas running/walking than adidas in the park or other event i run in

in the park i frequent which has a good bit amount of runners including those that run on trails and trains for triathlons and i dont think ive seen a single adidas shoes in 2-3 months

and now that they have limited the stack height of running shoes for competitors to 40mm, that leaked adidas that has a super high stack height might have to go back to the drawing board

Same here in ATL but I really enjoy the Boston series for tempo

I think Adidas knows where their bread is buttered rn - its collaborations with artists making lifestyle/"performance" models i.e. yeezy, and now beyonce. It seems like Adidas didn't really care to make the leap performance wise i.e. like what Nike did with the Vaporfly because its all about their bottom line.

I never see adidas performance running shoes IRL either. Nike, Saucony, Brooks, Hoka are probably 97% of what I see.

The problems with adidas is always the same (regardless of division)... 1st is there Marketing/branding strategy always sucks....if you think about it...boost was never marketed by Adidas...Kanye put on the white UB and the hype train went nuts....from there it was more word of mouth and how comfortable they were that pushed them...so you never really see Adidas marketing the tech in there runners hence the lack of awareness....

second...adidas always figures out a way to cannibalize there own product.....can you really tell me what the difference is between pure boost...solar boost....solar glide boost....urban boost and(insert name here) boost?????

i have a bunch of boost runners cause I grab them for cheap as hell in the outlets or Marshall‘s so why not give them a go...but at $100+ for retail at some point someone needs to explain the tech and what makes them special.....

at the end of the day....no one does it like the swoosh

Time for me to get another pair of running shoes. Last pair were ultraboost from 3 years ago. I really want the blueprint joints but the price is dumb expensive.

Can someone please break down the different versions to me bc when I search for them I get all types of results. Elite, 4%, vaporx and even some shoes that aren't vaporfly. I'm a very casual runner but these seem to be crazy good.

Last edited:
Time for me to get another pair of running shoes. Last pair were ultraboost from 3 years ago. I really want the blueprint joints but the price is dumb expensive.

Can someone please break down the different versions to me bc when I search for them I get all types of results. Elite, 4% and even some shoes that aren't vaporfly. I'm a very casual runner but these seem to be crazy good.
As a casual runner your money might be better spent on a lesser-tier shoe if one can call it that. The VF, VF2s, and Next% are definitely more geared to wear for marathons and longer distances events where you’ll enjoy more of the benefits from the carbon fiber plate and zoomx. I have all 3 and definitely run more in Pegasus 36s and Pegasus Turbo

Can someone please break down the different versions to me bc when I search for them I get all types of results. Elite, 4% and even some shoes that aren't vaporfly. I'm a very casual runner but these seem to be crazy good.

Here's the current nike lineup i'm familiar with and what i personally would use the shoe for. Only shoe on list i haven't tried was the Vomero. Don't really consider joyride a real running shoe so not on my list.

Pegasus 36/Vomero 14 - Daily Trainer
React Infinity Run - More cushioned daily trainer that supposedly reduces injury. I think that study was kinda bs but i love to run in the shoe.
Zoom Streak 7 - Speed shoe for track/short distance races
Pegasus Turbo 2 - Speed shoe for long distance training. Would also use for long runs.
Zoom Fly 3 - Speed shoe for tempo work.
Next % and 4% - Race day shoe for 10k to marathon

Thanks for the information. I did research on the Nike site and I think the Pegasus 36 will be best for me. Hopefully I can find a pair for a good price.

Screenshot_20200203-214547_Chrome.jpg

Don't care about the school, but this is the best price I could find on the Pegasus 36 and i actually like these.

I'll let them sit in the shopping cart for a day or so to see if they offer another discount. Another option i liked was the 36 shield. Joints look great although they are probably a little heavier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom