Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

77BC0F3B-6B84-454C-A238-0E64199789C4.png

thanks, i see it and signed up for notification

also via WSJ:

The shoe model worn by Kipchoge has one carbon fiber plate and a sole thickness of 39.5 millimeters for a European unisex size 42—about a U.S. men’s size 8.5—according to Nike. That meets the rules of running governing body World Athletics, which limit sole thickness to no more than 40 millimeters and allow the inclusion of rigid material like carbon fiber as long as it is on one continuous plane.

and i got to say, that is very hard to believe unless they plan on getting away with is by only measuring smaller sizes? the VF Next% heel is already 40mm and if they kept that the same and just raised the heel, that means there's going to be a 0.5mm drop? doesnt sound right

other brands getting mad now because the new ruling kind of screwed them too:

Competing shoe brands have scrambled to create prototypes that mimic the Vaporfly. The new requirement to make those models available for sale in the open market in less than three months has frustrated competitors.

New Balance Athletic Inc. executive Tom Carleo said the company has a line of shoes with technical foams and carbon fiber plates that its runners can wear in Tokyo but was “very concerned by the fact that these rules were adopted without meaningful consultation involving sporting goods industry representatives and companies.”

Saucony-sponsored Jared Ward, who finished sixth at the Rio Olympics marathon and is racing in this month’s trials, wore a new model at the 2019 New York City Marathon called the Endorphin Pro. Runner’s World magazine called it the “closest approximation we’ve seen” to the Vaporfly. The shoe will launch at the U.S. Olympic marathon trials, said Shawn Hoy, Saucony’s vice president of global product. If it does, that means that Ward and Saucony-sponsored marathon runner Molly Huddle could wear it in the Olympics if they qualify.

Des Linden, who finished seventh in Rio and is a favorite in the marathon trials, will wear a new Brooks shoe called the Hyperion Elite that goes on sale Feb. 27, according to the brand.

no offense to the dude that runs that page (i think dude might be an nter by how he replies to his followers :lol: ) but imma wait til nike says the date

plus dude said spring 2020 when nike clearly says summer 2020

and if feb is true for members i cant imagine why nike wont mention it in their official announcement especially if it releases as soon as feb

i hope im wrong as i have a half coming in april but im not gon get my hopes up

Guess he was right on both accounts. Feb release date and the $200 price tag on the tempos.

Guess he was right on both accounts. Feb release date and the $200 price tag on the tempos.

yah looks like he got his info from the WSJ article:

Nike said it is prepared to offer the shoe in limited quantities online at the end of the month. That means it will meet another new requirement: to be on the open market by April 30 to be allowed in the Aug. 8 and Aug. 9 Olympic marathons.

unless thats B bluegrey or DeletedCSaccount DeletedCSaccount behind that ig accounts...

giphy.gif

Nike said it is prepared to offer the shoe in limited quantities online at the end of the month. That means it will meet another new requirement: to be on the open market by April 30 to be allowed in the Aug. 8 and Aug. 9 Olympic marathons.

He posted his stuff before that article I believe. Either way, he’s pretty quick and accurate with his info regardless of the brand.

At $275 it’s hard to see anyone go for the next% at $250 with all the tech included for an additional $25 just like it was hard to see anyone going for the 4% with the same price point as the next%. I’m interested to check out the atomknit though.

unless thats B bluegrey or DeletedCSaccount DeletedCSaccount behind that ig accounts...

giphy.gif

nope, that's not my account

So the ZF and VFs have been D/Ced?

I’m interested in both the new models, but I’ll wait for better cws.

from the nike app:

For the VaporflyNEXT%, we used a single thickness of carbon fiber for all of the sizes. But for the Alphafly NEXT%, the thickness was scaled for the size of each shoe-the plate is more flexible in smaller sizes and gets stiffer as the size of the shoe increases.

I hope this is a global release on Feb 29th. Hoping that the spirit of the World Athletics ruling means it has to be commercially available everywhere and not just the US.

they have a few weeks to increase manufacturing but i am not sure if it is detailed what constitutes as a public release

they could probably do a raffle of 10 pairs sold on snkrs and call that a "release"

:lol:

So there’s the AlphaFly Next%, Tempo Next%, a Pegasus Turbo Next% and another Next% flat for 10K-HMs, correct?

There seems to be the white version :emoji_eyes:. Regardless I like the launch colorway black/green...very "Green Lantern"
1.jpg

title page and first post needs to be updated

Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT%
+Zoom Air Pods (forefoot)
+Full ZoomX Foam
+XF Plate
+AtomKnit Upper

Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% / Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% FlyEase
+Zoom Air Pods (forefoot)
+Composite Plates
+ZoomX Foam (above the plates)
+React Foam (heel)

I like that they went back to the knitted upper for the alphas and tempos. I disliked the VWeave upper on the VFNs.

Back
Top Bottom