Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

im seeing 50/50 on the endorphin speed, some say its great but some say it doesnt have that plate feeling and that you cant even feel it

plus they still only have one cw of the speed and pro... like goddamn invest a designer with some eye for colors or something and then release them while your biggest competitor has nothing to put out,

honestly if i were nb, asics, saucony, brooks, hoka, etc... ill just release them all now, ive held out as much as i can on buying new runners until i said f' it and got the peg37, IR and Trunners to try out but if the metaracer, endorphin pro/speed, fuelcell tc/rc, etc... were readily available then i might have gotten those instead to try

im seeing 50/50 on the endorphin speed, some say its great but some say it doesnt have that plate feeling and that you cant even feel it

plus they still only have one cw of the speed and pro... like goddamn invest a designer with some eye for colors or something and then release them while your biggest competitor has nothing to put out,

honestly if i were nb, asics, saucony, brooks, hoka, etc... ill just release them all now, ive held out as much as i can on buying new runners until i said f' it and got the peg37, IR and Trunners to try out but if the metaracer, endorphin pro/speed, fuelcell tc/rc, etc... were readily available then i might have gotten those instead to try

yeah colorway options are pretty weak at the moment but the same can kind of be said about nike too. there has been a lack of options for color ways on shoes across the board and only upside with nike is that there is NBY, but there’s the extra premium you pay for

besides that, i definitely agree with what you’re saying, everyone should just drop all their stuff now and capitalize, but there’s a lot going on with COVID in regards to supply chain so that is a big reason for delays in the states

i dont know, nike at least releases multiple cw of each shoe outside of the VF/AF but those arent even sitting on the shelves and we've already seen a few other cw to look forward to and that gets the public excited

like they go to a lot of trade shows and running warehouse and all these yt vlogs has had their hands on with the endorphin pro for a couple of months now, some they already got them hyping it up for a half a year... how about you show like 3-5 cws by now?

i remember when nike showcased the pegasus trail 36, i think they had like 5-8 cw's including goretex variants, hell we got at least 2 AFs cw from the get go and they got them delays too

im just saying, cant be that expensive to hire someone who can PS stuff for you :lol:

Atop my other brand models are the Metaracer, Endorphin Pros and FuelCell TCs. The cws just don’t do it for me. I’m patiently waiting for a good one to drop before I purchase.

can you feel the plates?
I would say yes, but it's not as overt or prominent as the Pro and some other shoes. Which to me, makes it more suitable as a daily trainer; it seems to work well at almost any speed.

I would say yes, but it's not as overt or prominent as the Pro and some other shoes. Which to me, makes it more suitable as a daily trainer; it seems to work well at almost any speed.

is it cause the plate is nylon as opposed to carbon fiber? a lot are liking it better than the pros and that price is really tempting to pick up as a daily trainer

i feel like if you cant feel the plate -ro-elling you forward then whats the point?

might be one those i got to try for myself deals

There's a rolling forward feel, but I think a lot of that comes from the midsole's rocker geometry (aka Speedroll). The Pro is more rigid due to the carbon plate and can feel less comfortable at slower speeds when you're not engaging the plate as much. The Speed doesn't have as much snap since the plate is less rigid, but it is by no means a flexy shoe. It easily handles faster runs, but is just more versatile at slower speeds and handles a wider variety of runs. It also has a more comfortable upper (plus additional stability in the heel counter), with minimal weight penalty. Overall, it's not tremendously different from the Pro. This is probably a crappy analogy, but perhaps one way to explain it is the difference between a 911 GTS and 911 GT3.

Nike needs to put out the Tempo. They’re going to loose customers if they wait until the fall. I keep seeing good reviews of the Endorphin Speed but I want to hold off for the Tempo.

I've been loyal to Nike for the past five years. With the severe hole in their line right now, I've started buying Adidas. They better start releasing the new shoes tout suite or they risk losing several thousand dollars a year from me.

I've been loyal to Nike for the past five years. With the severe hole in their line right now, I've started buying Adidas. They better start releasing the new shoes tout suite or they risk losing several thousand dollars a year from me.

several thousands a year??? :nerd: dang how much are you spending on nikes haha

I know we're onto the "next" one. But I stumbled across this detail for the ZF3...

CF.png

I always thought the plate in the ZF3 was full-on carbon fiber and not infused like the ZF1?

several thousands a year??? :nerd: dang how much are you spending on nikes haha

I'm usually around 250 miles a month - higher when marathon training. I've been around a shoe a month on average (rotating between several pairs depending on the workout). Throw in a couple pairs of 4%/Next%s and the math works out to over $2K per year. Add in shirts, shorts, tights, jackets, and winter gear, and I'm easily around $3,500. Then there's my wife, but she's a New Balance and Saucony person.

it adds up quick

v v v doesnt even include the pegasus', vomeros, turbo, joyride, etc... then you add in casual pairs likes prestos, airmax, jordan retros (only really buy the 1s and XIs these days) + apparels... does sound crazy if you think about it :lol:

from zoomfly to vaporfly, from moon racers to vapor streets, collection from this line so far

if you lurking nike, is this enough to let me have access to the alphafly at the end of the month?

zfvf.jpg

yeah you guys make a good point and especially if you’re factoring in the casual kicks it’ll for sure add up but i guess it’s also cause i’m only putting in 150-200 miles per month and try to get the most life out of my shoes or just look out for any discounts

i do the same amount of miles, ~200/month but i just like running shoes and trying them out and if i like the shoes, i dont mind doubling up

its that nt conditioning

A little off topic of shoes, but this is where most of the consistent runners converge...

Of those that use NRC and an Apple Watch, have you been able to successfully get a readout of your cadence/spm after your run in the app? I’m only able to see it on my watch immediately after my run. Then if I exit the app on my Apple Watch and go back to a completed run, the cadence data is gone

Immediate Post Run on Apple Watch via NRC:
7792C868-60E3-4418-81CF-82D300A9C1F8.png

After exiting app, and reentry on Apple Watch via NRC:
FC70F582-D690-4829-8E29-4798130F9952.png

Also, I’ve seen some have their cadence/spm on their post run loadout screen in the NRC phone app next to the heart rate info. Anyone know how to get it to show there as well?
53C32FD9-C136-4C34-993F-1E88AD0D4DC0.jpeg

A little off topic of shoes, but this is where most of the consistent runners converge...

Of those that use NRC and an Apple Watch, have you been able to successfully get a readout of your cadence/spm after your run in the app? I’m only able to see it on my watch immediately after my run. Then if I exit the app on my Apple Watch and go back to a completed run, the cadence data is gone

Also, I’ve seen some have their cadence/spm on their post run loadout screen in the NRC phone app next to the heart rate info. Anyone know how to get it to show there as well?

heart rate and cadence were never properly reading for me using NRC on my series 4. don’t even think i ever got proper reads for cadence.

decided to just recent grab a garmin and don’t think i can ever go back to using my apple watch for running

I'm seeing something similar, in my experience the 'cadence' field was appearing on the app but it has now been removed. I've never been able to see a cadence value though even though the field appeared. I've tried it from the Nike App on both the phone and watch, plus also from my Garmin watch (which is tracking cadence separately though a heart rate chest strap).

However, I came across some twitter support responses from Nike and found that if I start the run on my watch (instead of the app), the watch will track the cadence and will record it against that run. That figure still doesn't appear when viewing that same run on the Nike App, but at least it appears in the Nike App on my watch.

Last edited:
heart rate and cadence were never properly reading for me using NRC on my series 4. don’t even think i ever got proper reads for cadence.

decided to just recent grab a garmin and don’t think i can ever go back to using my apple watch for running

Which Garmin did you go for? I may be tempted, but I use my Apple Watch for competitions and it can get quite serious.

I'm seeing something similar, in my experience the 'cadence' field was appearing on the app but it has now been removed. I've never been able to see a cadence value though even though the field appeared. I've tried it from the Nike App on both the phone and watch, plus also from my Garmin watch (which is tracking cadence separately though a heart rate chest strap).

However, I came across some twitter support responses from Nike and found that if I start the run on my watch (instead of the app), the watch will track the cadence and will record it against that run. That figure still doesn't appear when viewing that same run on the Nike App, but at least it appears in the Nike App on my watch.

Interesting, I may try starting a run on just the watch instead of my phone and see what happens. I just always get a little skeptical when I see the warning message about start the run on my phone instead of Apple Watch for proper metrics tracking.

Also, you are correct about seeing cadence metric in the phone app/watch app itself recently, but I think a recent update removed it. I saw it and thought to myself FINALLY, yet here I am baffled trying to retain the data.

Last edited:
Which Garmin did you go for? I may be tempted, but I use my Apple Watch for competitions and it can get quite serious.

Interesting, I may try starting a run on just the watch instead of my phone and see what happens. I just always get a little skeptical when I see the warning message about start the run on my phone instead of Apple Watch for proper metrics tracking.

Also, you are correct about seeing cadence metric in the phone app/watch app itself recently, but I think a recent update removed it. I saw it and thought to myself FINALLY, yet here I am baffled trying to retain the data.

I use a Garmin Forerunner 35 for my runs, and just sync the activity through Strava and NRC in order to track my progress through the Apple Activity/Health app and Nike Run Club. The Garmin seems a lot more accurate for GPS and running metrics. I also had a TON of sync issues with NRC on my Apple watch and haven't had a single issue with syncing everything with the Garmin.

debated over the 245 and 645 since they were the same price but settled with the 645 and have no regrets after a month of use.

i was concerned about the NRC challenges too but you can link the runs in the garmin over to NRC so all that data and stuff will show up still

Back
Top Bottom