Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

this one seems random but they gave out free zoom freak 2s as well but that one you had to watch the reveal vid on the app or something and then they picked from those viewers by random

feel like it might just be me, but kinda feel like nike is kinda doing too much with the tempos.

like it’s a lot in just one shoe and i was excited at first but reading up and watching more reviews has kinda made me want the shoe less

feel like it might just be me, but kinda feel like nike is kinda doing too much with the tempos.

like it’s a lot in just one shoe and i was excited at first but reading up and watching more reviews has kinda made me want the shoe less

I think most people reviewing the shoe have an incorrect assumption of what the shoe is meant to be. It's not a racer. It's not made as a lower cost Alphafly alternative. Yes, it's heavy. It's a workhorse type shoe. I believe it's the price point that is setting people's expectations of what it "should" be, and it's falling short of that.

1599703306646.gif

I think most people reviewing the shoe have an incorrect assumption of what the shoe is meant to be. It's not a racer. It's not made as a lower cost Alphafly alternative. Yes, it's heavy. It's a workhorse type shoe. I believe it's the price point that is setting people's expectations of what it "should" be, and it's falling short of that.

Yeah that $200 price tag is tough considering they are trainers. I could get myself two pairs of Peg37s for that price.

From everyone hating on the Tempo... i'm glad i didn't end up grabbing them from KicksCrew lol. Still wanna try them but NDC is definitely the way to go.

post the reviews, been avoiding them because i dont know when/if i can get a pair

not even sure why the price is an issue, nbtc are $200 and no one bats an eye on that

post the reviews, been avoiding them because i dont know when/if i can get a pair

not even sure why the price is an issue, nbtc are $200 and no one bats an eye on that

thing with the TC is that there are a lot of ways to get discount on NB for them.
there was even a discount running that brought them down to around $160 when they restocked/widely dropped which is what i did.
also i think you have to take into consideration that was the first plated shoe they had released, but still feel that the $200 is something everyone was not a fan of. i do like the TC though and has to be one of my favorite shoes to run in

i mean if the tempo are the true successor of the zoomfly, we’ll be able to outlet hunt em for $100 eventually

illustrayt illustrayt probably already salivating at the thought of getting them for $50 6 months from now and stock up on donors :lol:

it just hasnt been “released” yet but that shouldnt be a knock, give it time and it’ll be more accessible and cheaper with more cw option

tc being the first plated is not an excuse either and they had 1 cw and i get it, theyre made in the usa but still got to look at both objectively and the tempos looks and are probably much more tech-heavy advanced in comparison

im just talkin :lol:

The TCs and Tempos are both overpriced, though you're right, the Tempos have more obvious (and likely costly, despite Nike's economies of scale and labor costs) techy features. The fact that the RC Elite is only $25 more than the TC doesn't make sense to me--one of those shoes seems mispriced!

i mean if the tempo are the true successor of the zoomfly, we’ll be able to outlet hunt em for $100 eventually

illustrayt illustrayt probably already salivating at the thought of getting them for $50 6 months from now and stock up on donors :lol:

it just hasnt been “released” yet but that shouldnt be a knock, give it time and it’ll be more accessible and cheaper with more cw option

tc being the first plated is not an excuse either and they had 1 cw and i get it, theyre made in the usa but still got to look at both objectively and the tempos looks and are probably much more tech-heavy advanced in comparison

im just talkin :lol:

That's my thought - wait and get them on sale. I grabbed a few pairs of ZFFK for under $100. With the PegTurbo, I grabbed a couple pairs at retail for $180 but eventually they came way down in price too. For $200, I feel like I could spend just a little more and get some VFN when they're available instead, or just wait it out. I feel like I'm gonna wait it out on the Tempos considering some of the bad reviews I've seen. Seth James Demoor said he wasn't even planning on taking his to 50 miles.

That's my thought - wait and get them on sale. I grabbed a few pairs of ZFFK for under $100. With the PegTurbo, I grabbed a couple pairs at retail for $180 but eventually they came way down in price too. For $200, I feel like I could spend just a little more and get some VFN when they're available instead, or just wait it out. I feel like I'm gonna wait it out on the Tempos considering some of the bad reviews I've seen. Seth James Demoor said he wasn't even planning on taking his to 50 miles.
The price has me conflicted on these. If they were $150 it would be an easy buy. At $200, I feel like I might as well spend $50 or $75 more and get the VF or AF.

it is what it is, to many an extra $50 is plenty

i mean look at how happy people were when the kd price dropped from 180 to 150 and how outraged they would be if they ever upped the kyries/pgs to 150

plus maybe that is nikes strategy, make you think you can simply spend an extra $50 - $75 and it becomes the better bargain and they end up selling you the more expensive pair

its just not as simple as black and white, there are grey areas there and others at play, i mean when they put flyknit and cf plate on the ZF2 and only bumped the price by $10 we couldnt even fathom how nike can do that... flyknit + cf plate for $10 more... they are crazy!!! that's like paying .50 cents more to get the large combo!

:lol:

got the zoom renegades from fnl which is kind of funny as it shipped directly from nike

cant feel the plate, its just too soft
upper is roomy
comfortable on try on and the forefoot pods feels good and bouncy
fairly breathable
and i think they look good, id wear it casually
sorry for all the pics
86F8CFE9-4E71-4335-B4D3-6577F6F039BD.jpeg

1600EC37-4A23-45C0-8607-DEA18D5796D1.jpeg

8A35A9FE-B1DF-4561-86AA-10713AA5EEBD.jpeg

696A5348-64BE-4B9B-A1A5-2BD8A12599FD.jpeg

E468F52A-D00A-4C69-B950-EFECF0D5A7D9.jpeg

90BA45C9-3BC2-41E9-A863-0954C2E87D89.jpeg

I missed the first drop but ordered on the restock on 8/21. I ordered a pair of the NBY VF Next with the Flyknit upper last year and I think there was a longer turn around.

Great, thanks! I also ordered on the 21st. Got an email saying they started working on them the 23rd. No shipping info yet though but I guess it's gotta be any day now.

I ordered on the first batch of these latest NBY releases and I too had what seemed to be crazy, impossible delivery dates on my UPS tracking. It didn't pan out that way though. Once they entered the US, which they did via Alaska, the expected delivery date did a reset. They still ended up arriving only a few days later than that original date though. I placed my order on 8/17/20 and they arrived on 9/1/20.

I also ordered on that NBY release last summer and just double checked the dates. I ordered on 8/3/19 and got the shipping confirmation on 8/15/19. They arrived on 8/23/19.

So about a 2 week turnaround this time compared to the almost 3 week turnaround last year. Yeah, pretty happy with that given COVID!

I ordered on the first batch of these latest NBY releases and I too had what seemed to be crazy, impossible delivery dates on my UPS tracking. It didn't pan out that way though. Once they entered the US, which they did via Alaska, the expected delivery date did a reset. They still ended up arriving only a few days later than that original date though. I placed my order on 8/17/20 and they arrived on 9/1/20.

I also ordered on that NBY release last summer and just double checked the dates. I ordered on 8/3/19 and got the shipping confirmation on 8/15/19. They arrived on 8/23/19.

So about a 2 week turnaround this time compared to the almost 3 week turnaround last year. Yeah, pretty happy with that given COVID!
I’m running into the same situation. Just checked the tracking and the package is still in China so no delivery today.

Back
Top Bottom