Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Madeforatc Madeforatc Wow that takes too long to ship. I ordered on the same date as you and I got them on Tuesday.

I am the opposite to Bo Kristensen Bo Kristensen . I keep the AF and return the VFN NBY. My foot is leaning inward too much with VFN compared with AF. I mean literally.

Madeforatc Madeforatc Wow that takes too long to ship. I ordered on the same date as you and I got them on Tuesday.

I am the opposite to Bo Kristensen Bo Kristensen . I keep the AF and return the VFN NBY. My foot is leaning inward too much with VFN compared with AF. I mean literally.

My left foot leans right in the VFN% as if it’s falling off the ledge of the shoe (the ledge digs into my heel). I constantly feel like I need to lean left to get my heel aligned. I’ve found tying the laces more tightly prevents the slippage. However, they’re so much fun I’ve kept them. Same thing happened in VF Flyknit. I got my DSG AF last Sunday but haven’t taken them for a spin due to the terrible AQI at the moment. No doubt they’ll have the same issue.

I took the AF out for a 7-mile progression run this morning and I was super impressed with them. Maybe they needed a run to break in but they felt super smooth. I’m going to skip the Tempo Next and hold on for the Mango AF whenever they release.

I’m going to take up Nike on their return policy and test drive the Tempo. I’m holding out for the Mango VFN%. I haven’t gone out on the AF yet so no idea what it’s like (poor AQI at the moment so no running in the past week!). If I like the AF more I’m definitely in for the Mango AF instead!

More ZF (1 & 3) based swaps from my latest GOVRN delivery

Pegasus 36 X Zoom Fly 3 - Fuego
Pegasus 36 X Zoom Fly 3 - Feugo.png

Flyknit Racer X Zoom Fly 3 - MultiColor 2.0
Flyknit Racer X Zoom Fly 3 - MultiColor 2.0.png

Flyknit Racer X Zoom Fly 1 - Cheetos
Flyknit Racer X Zoom Fly 1 - Cheetos.png

Jumping back in this thread after a while. What’s the news with the zoom tempo next %?
Saw they were banned? And is that white multicolor pair going to drop in mens sizes?

trackrunner221 trackrunner221 Tempo Next "supposely" to be available for Nike Member on 9/24, then 10/1 for general public. The multicolor/olympic should be part of the release along with the grey and black colorway. Europe has the olympic colorway released yesterday.

I'd think it'd be weeks or longer for us west coast peeps to get better air quality. God bless the firefighters and people who affected by the fire :frown:

Is there a dedicated thread to Nike running wear? Tops, tights, shorts, etc? Was e-shopping today and hard to delineate the quality / substantive differences between the Swift pants/shorts, Stride pants/shorts, aeroswift, etc.

i started one but i cant find the thread anymore, i also had a gyakusou thread but i think only a handful even knew what it was back then, before all the huge collabs happened

mostly i was posting it on the running master thread (might be a bad thread name :lol: ...) for a while but no one really cared for it either

i also just randomly post on the iog running thread but most of the attentions really spread out thin at this point

Is there a dedicated thread to Nike running wear? Tops, tights, shorts, etc? Was e-shopping today and hard to delineate the quality / substantive differences between the Swift pants/shorts, Stride pants/shorts, aeroswift, etc.

Ha I was just thinking about this. All this talk of shoes, and the Nike running collection and accessories are as varied, if not even more varied (they also receive minor upgrades each season). I can't believe I'm confessing this but I look up the Running section in the Nike app, clothing, and then filter by "New" more frequently than should be confessed publicly. I've also spent way more than is reasonable on said clothing/accessories. So if you have a fit or quality question let me know and it might be something I have and can comment on.

i started one but i cant find the thread anymore, i also had a gyakusou thread but i think only a handful even knew what it was back then, before all the huge collabs happened

mostly i was posting it on the running master thread (might be a bad thread name :lol: ...) for a while but no one really cared for it either

i also just randomly post on the iog running thread but most of the attentions really spread out thin at this point

We should start one... I am down. Given the sheer quantity of different shirts, pants, shorts, accessories Nike has under the Running category I am SHOCKED there aren't as many Youtube reviews or dedicated forums discussing the various models.

I can't believe I'm confessing this but I look up the Running section in the Nike app, clothing, and then filter by "New" more frequently than should be confessed publicly. I've also spent way more than is reasonable on said clothing/accessories.

no shame in that, i do the same :lol:

im always in search of good shorts, pants, socks, tank, etc... even glasses and i actually wear a hat in every run so i have way more than i care to admit

no shame in that, i do the same :lol:

im always in search of good shorts, pants, socks, tank, etc... even glasses and i actually wear a hat in every run so i have way more than i care to admit

For shorts, my current go to is the Nike Flex Swift 2-in-1 slim fit. I’ve decided slim is way to go, though I haven’t found any other Nike slim shorts in the line up. I also prefer tights than brief liners (no chafing!).

For socks, Nike is out of stock on the Elite Lightweight and it seems like it’s replaced with the Spark Lightweight socks - I got a pair yesterday, haven’t taken them on a test run yet. The reviews say it runs small so I sized up. Most of the old Elite Lightweight runners say Nike should re-release them. We shall see.

For sunglasses still rocking the NikeLab Gyakusou Maverick - though I cannot fathom why the made the temple tips so damn sharp. Uncomfortable on long runs. Otherwise, good old Goodr OG sunglasses. Cheap, comfortable.

Hat wise, after acquiring many Tailwind hats (I’m talking dozens) I finally came to conclusion I hate them. Too small. Recently switched to Featherlight and LOVE them. I got half a dozen in muted colors and a couple of bright ones (Black, Iron Gray, Ozone Blue, Villain Red, Laser s, Opti Yellow, etc.) recently to switch up.

Last edited:
i love the tailwind and how small it is (despite my gigantic head) because when the hats too big it pushes the arm of my shades down and it starts to hurt after a few miles

ive been looking for a good shades from both nike and oakley but i keep going back to goodr bfg (again, made for giant heads), i also dont want to spend too much in it because i am pretty rough with it just tossing it around but if i find one that wont fog up when i have a mask on (not uust during covid times but when its cold) then i might be willing to spend more

hate brief liners, i‘ll be honest, i am not sure if i am suppose to be wearing tighty whities with them lr go commando, im more or a running shorts/compression baselayer so damn brief/basket liners just bugs the hell out of me

i also like running in pants and maybe got way too much, got half a dozen swift pants but i do love them, also got a few phenoms and eye-ing those elite future fasts

as for socks, i mostly rock asics just because nike doesnt have quarter options until recently, it was either no show or crew and i cant wear crew socks, just too itchy on my calves

i do wear elite bball socks a lot for runs because i love the extra cushioning but i fold them down because the quarter versions are difficult to find

speaking of non-nikes, i was in love with hill city but they are going out of business, their running shorts were nice because the liner has pockets big enough for the phones in the thigh and they had these super-lightweight pants that weighed almost nothing, its crazy and i think their downfall is not enough colors, they sicked to darker colors too much but they did have a lifetime warranty that if anything happens at any time you can return/exchange them which made up for the somewhat premium price

kind of curious about lululemons offering but theyre pricey too

and for tanks, i do wear themed ones (superhero, cartoons, etc...) from hot topic :lol: trying to change that

i apologize if there were too much detail there and probably do belong in its own thread :lol:

Back
Top Bottom