Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

It is distance plus your weight which kills shoes, not time. I once killed the cushioning in a pegasus in two months.

I weigh 170. That could be it. Also put in about 500 miles on each shoe a year.
Basically Im saying lunar bottomed out after 500-600 miles for me. Which isnt fast

I weigh 170. That could be it. Also put in about 500 miles on each shoe a year.
Basically Im saying lunar bottomed out after 500-600 miles for me. Which isnt fast

Nike tend to aim for shoes to last 500 miles. With the epic react they have said the aim was 700 miles.

I think many of us can confirm that it is lighter than Lunarlon for sure! When I tried on the Epic Reacts, I did feel a bit of that energy return, which is definitely an improvement over Lunarlon, but not significant to reach the level of a Zoom Air unit.

Just don't go to the Epic React thread for durability talks... it's a ****show in there. I'd say to wait it out to find out really.

I find this durability talk funny. It's not like Nike wouldn't know if there was a problem with the durable, if they are aiming for 700 miles they would make sure the sole is going to last and not wear off.

I had 3 Lunarepics and the sole lasted 500 miles and didn't wear off, and that was a sole made of lunar. The epic react has react which feels tougher than lunar + rubber on the heel and forefoot.

it's difficult to give nike the benefit of a doubt

yes they aim for 700 miles out of the epics but that is in terms of the feeling, not how long the sole last

the foam is directly in contact with the ground so when running that will definitely wear down quicker than others, there's a reason they put harder rubber compound on the toe and heel because those are more high wear areas

it probably sacrifices some "bounciness" if the foam didn't directly hit the ground and there is a thin layer of rubber outsole to dampen the impact so i wouldn't be surprised if the legends doesn;t quite feel exactly the same

and again, nike has done this kind of stuff in the past, most recently with the Vaporflys, they know the zoomx is super soft and the paint on it will melt away but they chose to release it as is and you really only find out after research that the shoe is meant to be a race day shoe and they estimate 150-200 miles out of the shoes the most

of course they don't want to advertise that so it is buried information and something you'd only get once you complain to nike reps afterwards

look, i love nike and i mainly run in them about 98% of the time but i simply do not trust them and their marketing all the time

so if react replaces lunarlon... imagine how sick a zoom fly using react will be... anyone have any info regarding such a shoe?

going to be interesting if they implement it to the nextgen ZoomFly

i do speculate that react foam just wasn't where they wanted it to be when the zoomfly was conceived otherwise it might already have react foam

or it was ready but they didn't want to debut it with the vaporfly zoomx and it become an afterthought, it was practically introduced at the same time but react was mainly focused for bball shoes

I think many of us can confirm that it is lighter than Lunarlon for sure! When I tried on the Epic Reacts, I did feel a bit of that energy return, which is definitely an improvement over Lunarlon, but not significant to reach the level of a Zoom Air unit.

Just don't go to the Epic React thread for durability talks... it's a ****show in there. I'd say to wait it out to find out really.

Unsubscribed from that thread, constant boost vs react chatter and folks using them for casual wear. Nothing against them but that feedback is not useful, for me at least, since mine are specifically used for running.

going to be interesting if they implement it to the nextgen ZoomFly

i do speculate that react foam just wasn't where they wanted it to be when the zoomfly was conceived otherwise it might already have react foam

or it was ready but they didn't want to debut it with the vaporfly zoomx and it become an afterthought, it was practically introduced at the same time but react was mainly focused for bball shoes

This is Nike we’re talking about, so I’m thinking the latter. They’re probably in the lab working on something better than ZOOMx right now.

For the Zoomfly they upgraded the Lunar to have a greater enegry return and made it lighter. The reason why react wasn't used was because the Zoomfly were being developed in 2014 along with the elite 9, vaporfly and streak 6, while react development started only in 2015.

I was trying to wait on a 4% C/W to go on sale. Now I see that isn't happening. I think I'm going to call that Philly spot and make a phone order. Does anyone know if the hyper royal C/W is closer to purple in person? If so I'm going to go with the vast grey pair.

^^^
more blue, i didn't notice a hint of purple

For the Zoomfly they upgraded the Lunar to have a greater enegry return and made it lighter. The reason why react wasn't used was because the Zoomfly were being developed in 2014 along with the elite 9, vaporfly and streak 6, while react development started only in 2015.

there was probably a point there somewhere when react first surfaced that they could have put it on the ZFs, no?

was the ZF developed independently? I always assumed it was a takedown VF, that they pretty much made it after the VF was conceived

^^^
more blue, i didn't notice a hint of purple

there was probably a point there somewhere when react first surfaced that they could have put it on the ZFs, no?

was the ZF developed independently? I always assumed it was a takedown VF, that they pretty much made it after the VF was conceived

In 2012 Nike wanted to have a update with their racing/tempo with the dream of creating a shoe that was 3% more efficient. The fast design team during this period were also scheduled to start work on the Streak 6 and Elite 9, and came up with the idea of pairing the shoes togther to form one training shoe and one racing shoe. After the reaction to the first prototypes of the Vaporfly they decided to created the Zoomfly so that they could also have a training shoe and racing shoe pair for the plate idea. During the final testing phase of the Vaporfly and Zoomfly (2016) the Nike Baskeball R&D team had finaly found the react form fomula they were happy with, and the running depament were interested in using react but they had no data yet to use it in any running shoes, let only one with a plate in it, so it was too late to use it in the Zoomfly.

Unsubscribed from that thread, constant boost vs react chatter and folks using them for casual wear. Nothing against them but that feedback is not useful, for me at least, since mine are specifically used for running.

Running shoe threads = this thread for the most part, and the Pegasus/Vomero thread. Proof: when the Off-White Zoom Flys came out, only one person posted it here. Everyone else? Miles and love for running in the Zoom Fly and Vaporfly.

Got my all black Vapor Streets in and since Ive been wearing my Vaporfly Elites a lot recently it was a pretty weird sensation to have it look and fit exactly the same but yet have a completely different ride. Much rather prefer these on daily errands Because of the durability issues with the elites. Looking forward to having these be my go to muggy day shoes. Also love how the box comes with foam pads to save the heels lol.

I can attest to the zoom fly only lasting about 500 miles. i retired my second pair after using it for 6 weeks and it has 502 miles on it. my first pair of zoom fly was retired after 501 miles. the lunarlon starts to feel dead and the carbon infused nylon plate lost its stiffness. outsole and uppers are in very good shape though.

midfoot striker 139lbs

I can attest to the zoom fly only lasting about 500 miles. i retired my second pair after using it for 6 weeks and it has 502 miles on it. my first pair of zoom fly was retired after 501 miles. the lunarlon starts to feel dead and the carbon infused nylon plate lost its stiffness. outsole and uppers are in very good shape though.

midfoot striker 139lbs

Damn, I can't run miles like that in a year. How many miles do you run per week?!

midfoot striker 139lbs

When i first started running someone told me never to run in the same pair 2 days in a row. i alternate between 2-3 pairs for easy runs and have different ones for tempo/speed stuff.

When i first started running someone told me never to run in the same pair 2 days in a row. i alternate between 2-3 pairs for easy runs and have different ones for tempo/speed stuff.

Damn, I can't run miles like that in a year. How many miles do you run per week?!

I run 100-115 miles a week. I have a pair of zoom fly for the office and a pair at home that are actively being used among my several back up pairs then my 2 retired pairs i just use as casual sneakers now.

I haven't had any issues using the same shoes often, but I'm just n=1.

H HealthActuary damn, that's a lot of miles!

So on the flipside, I got my Vapor Streets in! They do feel really comfortable as I remember, but I'm not 100% sure if I plan to keep these. I'm likely returning the black pair while the red pair is gonna be the one that's being considered to keep. I'm not gonna lie; the red ones reminded me of the Roshe One in the same red color instantly and then I thought of the post that someone made saying it's an "expensive Roshe," haha. Definitely not a bad look at all though, but we'll see. Sharing pictures for the sake of it.

38758112910_a36f900dc7_b.jpg

40525877542_e693c48d33_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom