Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

FLYPRINT for the people this weekend!!!

Nike_Flyprint_5_native_600.jpg
Nike_Flyprint_4_native_600.jpg
Nike-Flyprint-06_native_600.jpg
SU18_RN_EKipchoge_DSC0728_1_native_600.jpg
Nike_Flyprint_2_native_600.jpg

Kipchoge will race his next marathon on April 22 in London wearing his Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite Flyprint. That weekend, a limited run of the shoes will be sold in London through the Nike App.

I was late to the party on this one...sorry for the not-new info. But damn i want these.

Last edited:
I've got 595.3 miles on my Ice Blue pair now. They still feel alright to me. I was planning on retiring them a couple weeks ago, but in WI where I live we've had a lot of April snow and the roads have been full of dirt and melt water. I couldn't bring myself to trash my brand new pair of bright crimsons so I've actually still been wearing these. Still responsive! I'm mostly a mid to forefoot striker. I've 220.3 on a hyper royal pair that I've been exclusively wearing on the treadmill for MP runs and hard long runs, the bottoms still look pristine. So it's the abrasion from the roads that rips the outer coating.

Here's what the Ice Blues currently look like:

IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0074.jpg IMG_0075.jpg IMG_0076.jpg

Good to hear about your input on durability. I can attest that treadmill running doesn’t significantly imact the durability of the sole on the forefoot.

probably asked before but how is the vaporstreet fit compared to the epic react fit? as far as length and width

probably more confusing that helpful but...

My first impression when I took them OOTB was, “WOW”!

Regarding fit, these are LONG. I’m glad that I ordered two sizes for comparison. They fit big, so going 1/2 down is the best fit for me. I still had a good amount of allowance (a thumbs width) between the front of my big toe to the front of the shoe. I have narrow to normal foot width.

Pics for reference:
F2BC8FDE-6BB0-4152-BE6E-208794A1EE0C.jpeg
VSF: 1/2 down vs. VF 1/2 up

9C579FE0-F6D1-438A-A767-8519D2AB5370.jpeg
VSF 1/2 down vs. FKR 1/2 up

62674F2F-A55B-4A75-B9C8-D257215B6571.jpeg
VSF 1/2 down vs. ZF 1/2 up

2998C6BD-9FB3-4F9A-92C6-9E6A84F20AC5.jpeg
VSF 1/2 down vs. LE TTS

We have very similar feet haha. .5 half down was perfect for me, but I agree that I maybe could’ve squeezed into another down if I wanted my toe to be at the very end. But I like a little bit of space. I’ve been wearing these shoes nonstop. I love them look of them with pants and shorts, and they are extremely comfortable

i also size up half on the zoomfly and have to size up half for the streets while you're practically a whole size down

Yeah its insane, I half size up the streets and full size up on the zooms.

I’m a 10.5 in the Vapor Streets and 11 in Zoom Flys

Just goes to show everybody has different preferences for how their kicks fit

doesn't sound like it

seems like it's going to be the same availability as the Vaporfly Elites and you can only buy in-person

I wonder if we’re to happen, when and how they’ll do a US release.

Last year was limited access to those right before the NYC Marathon. If I’m not mistaken, the elites were released months before in the EU, can’t recall if it was event related (marathon, etc) or just a limited access release via the app, so I wonder if it’s a matter of time before the US sees something.

Aiming to get the SP Breaking 2’s. Only SP release I wanted, couldn't get and resale afterwards was insane.

probably asked before but how is the vaporstreet fit compared to the epic react fit? as far as length and width
I wear a 9.5 in both the Vapor Street and Epic React. I have slightly narrow to normal width feet.

I could wear a 9 in the VS, but they're narrow and I didn't want a snug fit. If you like a snug fit go .5 down.

I know that this has been posted before, and I apologize in advance, I can’t find the info in the thread:

How does the zoomfly SP fit? Can you compare it to another shoe like flyknit racers, trainers or Epic Racts?

Thanks

I know that this has been posted before, and I apologize in advance, I can’t find the info in the thread:

How does the zoomfly SP fit? Can you compare it to another shoe like flyknit racers, trainers or Epic Racts?

Thanks
most go up .5 a size. i went up a full size from my racer/trainer size after trying on in store. .5 size was still a little snug

racers/trainers - 9.5
SP - 10.5

Thanks

What Child's play said. Wear the same size as him; although I typically wear a 10 in FKRs, but can make 9.5s work with really thin no shows like Stance Super Invisibles. A 10 in Zoomfly SPs was too tight for my liking, so a full size up to a 10.5 fit best. But of course, every foot is different, so YMMV.

most go up .5 a size. i went up a full size from my racer/trainer size after trying on in store. .5 size was still a little snug

racers/trainers - 9.5
SP - 10.5

Thanks
I wear 10 in all of the above, except for the Flyknit Trainer, which I found too big and didn't keep. I thought the SPs were too small when I first got them and even tried 10.5 too, but I eventually realized that I wasn't lacing them tight enough and my foot was sliding forward, as a result.

Gotcha. Ok thanks. Maybe I’ll try to find in store and try on first.

I like the original Zoomfly SP and want to try to buy them on the rerelease but now I’m debating just getting the Tokyo’s since they’re available and a bird in hand...

Thanks

Half up from racer size for me.

Back
Top Bottom