Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I just returned my pair. They just didn't work out for me. I can pick up the og Peg Turbos for less and they are far more dynamic for my needs.
Could you elaborate. I have a pair of invincibles I am happy with but I am open to a lighter weight option that Has equal cushioning

I'm not sure you will find anything with equal cushioning to the invincibles.
Word. outside of them being slightly clunky in them I am happy. I put in 9 miles on Sunday which I think is the longest I’ve ever run at once and all things considered I feel pretty good today

CT2228-003-1.jpg
Is there good chances that we will get the VFN2 in that CW ?

Good shout. Was busy this morning and didn't check as I normally do. Going to grab these with my birthday 25% code, hopefully it works.

edit: seems like it's excluded from all discounts. Would have been sweet to get it for the price of an endorphin speed.

Last edited:
I purchased these. Arriving on Thursday.

Always a sucker for multi color print shoes and I want to try this new model.
I just got the exeters along with the OG colorway (black and red) of the invincibles. I was planning to return one but now I'm starting to like both....

If I had to choose one though it'd be the exeters.

Could you elaborate. I have a pair of invincibles I am happy with but I am open to a lighter weight option that Has equal cushioning

There really isn't anything with equal cushioning but I really feel like the Invincible is overkill. My initial thought was to use them as easy day or longer (15+mile) days but they are heavy, bulky, and make me feel lethargic. I don't want my perceived effort to be higher, in order to carry around all the extra cushion that I don't feel my body needs. The Peg Turbo is still full zoomX, without a plate, and provides the right amount of cushioning for longer days while still having the ability to get up to pace. They are far more responsive and feel alive vs the Invincible, which made me feel as if I was running in sand/mud comparatively.

I agree on the Invincible. I have a pair. I just feel they seem wieldy. I prefer my old ER for a cushiony, easy run.

And wasn't the Peg Turbo 1 and 2, react and zoom X foam (whatever their generic names are)?

I agree on the Invincible. I have a pair. I just feel they seem wieldy. I prefer my old ER for a cushiony, easy run.

And wasn't the Peg Turbo 1 and 2, react and zoom X foam (whatever their generic names are)?

yup peg turbos always had a mix of react and zoomx

while i did love running in the turbos, i always felt like i wanted more cushioning in the forefoot especially on those longer runs

Correct. The midsole is two parts. The top is ZoomX while the bottom is React. The confusing part is the the ZoomX branding is on the React portion of the midsole.

So the Peg Turbos (such a dumb name) were the original Invincibles?

I actually liked the Peg Turbo 2 more. I wish I could find a pair of the OG Turbo colorway. I liked the color.

yup peg turbos always had a mix of react and zoomx

while i did love running in the turbos, i always felt like i wanted more cushioning in the forefoot especially on those longer runs
How? Zoom bag? Full Length Zoom? More React?

I also wanted more forefoot cushioning on the Turbos. They could have benefited from a few more mms of ZoomX and a nylon plate to help stabilize it and add some pop.
I have a feeling that Nike will drop the Tempo Next and release a shoe similar to what you described so they have a lightweight trainer to compete with the Endorphin Speed.

Nike has these elements to mix and match for couple years before introducing new element: React + ZoomX + Air Pods + Plate

There really isn't anything with equal cushioning but I really feel like the Invincible is overkill. My initial thought was to use them as easy day or longer (15+mile) days but they are heavy, bulky, and make me feel lethargic. I don't want my perceived effort to be higher, in order to carry around all the extra cushion that I don't feel my body needs. The Peg Turbo is still full zoomX, without a plate, and provides the right amount of cushioning for longer days while still having the ability to get up to pace. They are far more responsive and feel alive vs the Invincible, which made me feel as if I was running in sand/mud comparatively.
Peg turbo is half react, half zoom x.

Peg turbo is half react, half zoom x.

Yea, not sure what I was thinking with the "full zoomx" but I stand by everything else I wrote. The Invincible is a dog compared to the Peg Turbo. Nike needs a good non plated shoe in the lineup and the invincible ain't it. There needs to be a Peg Turbo 3.

Back
Top Bottom