Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Per Road Runner, they are getting the following colorways of the VFN% 2 at some point:
  • Black/Metallic
  • White/Black
  • White/White
  • Blue/Black
  • Royal Blue/Yellow
  • Volt/Black

The black cw’s sounds interesting, especially that metallic one. Hoping for a stealth edition without the neon.

I just hope we see some more colored outsoles. The “Moon Shoe” / Condiments cw is my favorite so far.

A Betrue one would be cool also.
I still regret not getting the 1st.
I had it in my cart but didn’t pull the trigger.
Now it’s like 400$ on stockx.

20210519_140003-01.jpeg

As soon as my knee injury is cleared, I'm getting in roadwork. This is my third and last pair of these.

So do most folks prefer the VFNs to the AFs?

I noticed the mango AFs have been hanging out on NDC for awhile. And the teal or whatever VFNs are sold out in my size but not the AFs.

Can’t wait for the OGs tomorrow 😍

So do most folks prefer the VFNs to the AFs?

I prefer the VF for half mary and below. For the full, I go AF. I'm a 1:18/2:45 guy for context. For me, the AF feels so consistent through all the miles, where as I feel the VF starts to get a bit harsher towards the last 5k/10k of the marathon. AF feels the same at mile 1 as mile 26.

I prefer the VF for half mary and below. For the full, I go AF. I'm a 1:18/2:45 guy for context. For me, the AF feels so consistent through all the miles, where as I feel the VF starts to get a bit harsher towards the last 5k/10k of the marathon. AF feels the same at mile 1 as mile 26.
Thanks for the feedback on the two models. I’m running Boston in October and trying to decide between the AF and VF Next 2. I’ve done some runs in the AF but haven’t had a chance to run a marathon in them yet.

Thanks for the feedback on the two models. I’m running Boston in October and trying to decide between the AF and VF Next 2. I’ve done some runs in the AF but haven’t had a chance to run a marathon in them yet.

Congrats on Boston. It wasn't easy to get in this year. I wonder how likely it would be to get a NT meet up in Bos. Quick photo op the day before at the finish line or something. 🤔

I returned my AF. The inside arch just didn't fit my foot well. I loved the stability and the ride felt good. The durability was meh as the outsole started burning down pretty fast. I love the VF though. Just a simple, effective, and light shoe.

I returned my AF. The inside arch just didn't fit my foot well. I loved the stability and the ride felt good. The durability was meh as the outsole started burning down pretty fast. I love the VF though. Just a simple, effective, and light shoe.

I've heard a few people now complain about the arch in the AF. For some, it is very apparent while walking or at slower paces but tends to disappear once they get up to race pace efforts. For others it's just painful. I'll never judge a race shoe on durability. If they lightened up the AF but the durability was say, 75 miles. I'm in.

Last edited:
master of marketing

but it really doesn't surprise me when i enter some of the yeezy, OW, Travis Scott, etc... and almost everyones there's talking about buying at resale of upwards $2k and they'll buy multiple colors or double up on the same cw

after that $250 for a performance shoe with the tech to match and actually sees the pavements and shows improvements on your performance then it becomes worth it

Geez, already nearly sold out. Was considering returning the Aquamarines for these... but that lipstick-looking mudguard is such an eyesore.

I’m about to return those basic white pairs. I’m glad I got my pair. I really wanted that colorway.

If anyone wants them for their utility, then they do have one pair available in many sizes as well as two pairs of the AF.

Back
Top Bottom