Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

It's crazy. Just went on the NDC app. Besides the OG Blue and the weird blue/volt, all of the VF N2s are available in my size.

Can't say the same about the Adidas Adios Pro 2. How do ya feel the Adios compares to the VF N2 or AF?

It's crazy. Just went on the NDC app. Besides the OG Blue and the weird blue/volt, all of the VF N2s are available in my size.

Can't say the same about the Adidas Adios Pro 2. How do ya feel the Adios compares to the VF N2 or AF?

I’ve raced half marathons in both the Adios Pro 2 and VF, and to be honest I think they’re very closely matched. I was pretty stunned on my first hard workout in the Adios Pro 2 when I felt virtually no soreness afterwards. The only other shoe to do for me was the VF. So it’s right there in terms of leg-savings. For speed, I think the VF is a touch faster as it’s an ounce lighter, but the Adios is right there. Both make running fast feel fun and way easier than it should. In terms of fit, the Adidas wins hands down. Way more accommodating width wise through the heel and midfoot than either VF or AF

i think me and T TerpRunner are the 2 on NT that will vouch for the adios pro 2 and have had positive experiences in them along with the rest of the latest adizero line up

agree with what he said, but one thing i’ll add is that the VF seem to work well with just about everybody whereas the adios seems to be better for those that favor the forefoot strike to engage the carbon rods. both really great shoes but if i’m going full marathon, i’ll stick with the VF

Hi all can anyone tell me if these look legit? Finally found vf1 in electric green my size brand new in box, appreciate it!

Last edited:
Finally my 1 month wait has finally arrived.^^ Dr. Rosa Set x Next2 by you
262782511_2381508411984536_9015907834115747579_n.jpg

261324478_2381488371986540_5949820279283617532_n.jpg
262857039_2381488171986560_3110354358374176313_n.jpg
261358678_2381488265319884_1601866181608820264_n.jpg
262361389_2381488068653237_8940121487465589283_n.jpg
262003166_2381487991986578_7881178095594192687_n.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the tech advancements for the ZF line… it’s essentially a plush uppered VaporFly now with the ZOOMX (scrapped) and CF plate.

But with those advances, what happens to the VaporFly line? The only different is the upper….

I absolutely LOVE the tech advancements for the ZF line… it’s essentially a plush uppered VaporFly now with the ZOOMX (scrapped) and CF plate.

But with those advances, what happens to the VaporFly line? The only different is the upper….

it’s not a full zoomx midsole, has the SR02 carrier that they’ve been using on the vomero and i think that’s what will separate the trainers from the racers (full zoomx plus CF plate)

it’s not a full zoomx midsole, has the SR02 carrier that they’ve been using on the vomero and i think that’s what will separate the trainers from the racers (full zoomx plus CF plate)
I’m curious what the weight will be for the ZF 5. I’m sure the ZoomX will be lighter than React. It would be great if it was sub 9oz.

Ahhhh! I have the Vom16, and I’m not blown away by the ZOOMX in it. Hopefully, it’s more prominent in the ZF5s. I take that there’s going to be a VFN3 too.

Longtime lurker on these forums. This finally got me to make an account in order to reply.

This shoe is completely out of the blue for me but validates that the shoe we saw a few months again labeled "Pegasus Pro" was actually the new Vaporfly. It now looks like that Vaporfly and Zoom Fly series are going back to their rootsin form and shape, after they diverged so much from the ZF3/Next%. Really interesting. Compare the two shoe photos and you'll see, the shoe labeled as the Peg Pro has a lighter upper (actually look like the same upper, with a few tweaks, from the Next%2) and slightly different midsole with the same geometry. Just like the old ZF/VF relationship in the 4% days.

The ZF5 above has a different upper and midsole than the "Peg pro" we saw earlier. The design language between this shoe, the new Vaporfly and the Alphafly 2 are all similar too and the lineup actually make sense now.

It is also very interesting that ZoomX foam (looks the same as what is in the Alpahfly Nature) is now in the ZF and the new Vaprofly isn't pure ZoomX anymore either (look at the midsole on those photos and you'll see a carrier foam and more of the ZoomX).

The Next% is a study in minimalism and it is STILL the class of marathon racing shoes 4+ years later (counting the Vaporfly Elite days)... Nike HAD to update it I just hope this update has the same magic.

Wider forefoot on ZF? I am IN. We probably won't be able to cop not until next Fall of 2022 :lol:

Off topic a bit.....anyone is having issue with their NRC app? I loose all my data, shoes, and connection to garmin. Now it won't let me login.

Off topic a bit.....anyone is having issue with their NRC app? I loose all my data, shoes, and connection to garmin. Now it won't let me login.

Yeah same. I get logged out all the time recently it's really annoying. I also get logged out of the Nike app as well. No idea what's going on. I tried both on an iPhone and Android because I figured it was maybe because one app was messing up but it's both platforms.

Back
Top Bottom