Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Took the Streakfly’s out for an interval session today and came away really impressed. No, it’s not faster than the Vaporfly but it’s so light and effortless on foot. It also felt better than a plated shoe at easier paces. Color me impressed.

50BAB13C-84B0-4CFE-818D-62F63FDA7919.jpeg
Agree with all of that

surely the proto af 2 must be dropping soon

Here's my wild conspiracy theory...the AF2 drops in Fall; October to be precise.

First mention of a development proto on the World Athletics shoe compliance list that must be the AF2 ("Dev 18240"; only approved for road races due to stack height above 25mm) is October 2021 and it lists the development period as 10/10/2021 - 10/9/2022. That shoe shows up on each compliance list since October 2021 and is listed just under the AF. If you look back at the early sightings of what looks like the final/near final AF2 proto colorway on racers' feet, it's around the same time; October 2021.

The Streakfly was also listed on the pre-March 4, 2022 compliance lists as having a development timeline of 2/14/21 - 2/13/22 and it dropped at the end of the timeline. If you look back at the early sightings of what ended up being the proto colorway of the SF, they are right in that Feb 2021 timeframe.

Cue the X-Files theme...

Here's my wild conspiracy theory...the AF2 drops in Fall; October to be precise.

First mention of a development proto on the World Athletics shoe compliance list that must be the AF2 ("Dev 18240"; only approved for road races due to stack height above 25mm) is October 2021 and it lists the development period as 10/10/2021 - 10/9/2022. That shoe shows up on each compliance list since October 2021 and is listed just under the AF. If you look back at the early sightings of what looks like the final/near final AF2 proto colorway on racers' feet, it's around the same time; October 2021.

The Streakfly was also listed on the pre-March 4, 2022 compliance lists as having a development timeline of 2/14/21 - 2/13/22 and it dropped at the end of the timeline. If you look back at the early sightings of what ended up being the proto colorway of the SF, they are right in that Feb 2021 timeframe.

Cue the X-Files theme...
I think you’ve cracked the code haha, I think a tfxc shoes video he said they may get released around fall time

Also heard a rumour they may even get released in April but nothing to back this and kinda doubt this as they’ve only just released that black and red cw

He hasn’t run them.
I think the main reason is he has run London in the spring and Berlin in the fall and keeps winning these races.

There is a big monetary incentive to return to the race the following year as the returning champion. This makes it hard to run other races like Boston and NYC.

It would be interesting to know if he would’ve run Tokyo in 2022 if London wasn’t moved to from its typical April date.

I think the main reason is he has run London in the spring and Berlin in the fall and keeps winning these races.

There is a big monetary incentive to return to the race the following year as the returning champion. This makes it hard to run other races like Boston and NYC.

It would be interesting to know if he would’ve run Tokyo in 2022 if London wasn’t moved to from its typical April date.

The schedule is the biggest factor but I don't know if the monetary factor is as important as the fact that Berlin is generally the fastest course and if you want a world record reasonably you should want to go to Berlin. Then that gives you the first half of the year to have another chance at a world marathon major that's in that time frame.

The schedule is the biggest factor but I don't know if the monetary factor is as important as the fact that Berlin is generally the fastest course and if you want a world record reasonably you should want to go to Berlin. Then that gives you the first half of the year to have another chance at a world marathon major that's in that time frame.
Completely agree.

Boston and NY are, by far, the hardest marathons for the GOAT of marathon. While he is clearly the top pick in any case, both races are really different from a pancake flat marathon. Just look at the NY or Boston winners, most of them are tactical masters but not really the best against the clock. Like Lelisa Desisa.

Kipchoge uses to win by pushing the pace in 25-35km to something that the rest can't handle. But a race with uphills and downhills or continuous surges cannot be raced like that. Kudos to Eliud for trying to do the six stars, I bet that has something to do with Abbott being his sponsor but he could have kept running LDN and BER and that would have been fine to everybody.

Lebron rocking Liverpool pants 8)

Also what we looking at here… those Zoom Fly SP? Blast from the past (2018 ) or a revival?

EDIT: Getty Images original Lebron going back into the archives. Got my hopes up rfx45 rfx45 thought ZF SP coming back lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom