Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Get out your pop corn. Adidas is suing Nike https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/14/23167306/adidas-sues-nike-adapt-sneakers-running-apps

Initially reported by Reuters and Complex, the lawsuit pertains to a number of Nike’s digital products. Adidas claims that the Nike Run Club, Training Club, and SNKRS apps infringe its patents related to features like audio feedback during workouts, GPS tracking, training plans, integration with third-party accessories like heart rate monitors, and the ability to reserve and buy limited-edition sneakers. These are basic features on several running and fitness tracking apps, and this isn’t the first time Adidas has gone to court over it. In 2014, Adidas sued Under Armour over its Map My Fitness app. The two companies eventually settled, with Under Armour agreeing to pay Adidas a licensing fee.

The company also specifically cited its Confirmed app. Adidas introduced the app in 2015, billing it as a way to give customers insider access to its brands and exclusive sneaker releases. Nike’s SNKRS app was launched soon after and basically does the same thing for Nike’s sneakers.
Adidas Unveils Hi-Tech Sneaker

The Adidas_1 automatically adjusted the stiffness of the shoe depending on the environment or running style. photo by Adidas via Getty Images

Adidas also named Nike’s adjustable Adapt sneakers as infringing upon the Adidas_1. The Adidas_1 were a running shoe that featured a motor inside the sole and a heel sensor to adjust the “stiffness” of the shoe in real time. Meanwhile, Nike’s Adapt technology got a lot of buzz as it reminded consumers of the self-lacing sneakers featured in the classic sci-fi film Back to the Future. The purpose of the two shoes is arguably different, however. The Adidas_1 were meant to be an all-in-one shoe for runners, while Nike’s various iterations on its Adapt sneakers were more about accessibility and comfort.

Yeah saw that notification in time but passed. Probably just end up sitting in the box for ages, too many shoes not run in yet lol

Surprised to see code working on them though.

Alpha 2 drop is 4mm or 8mm? Spanish media are saying 8mm (as per Nike, they say). It would be interesting to have drop measured and stack height too. Maybe when Alex Filitti drops his video he will share full measurements...

BTW, on Spain they are on sale too (got one!) and on Keller-Sports or Top4Running there are numbers available.

Alpha 2 drop is 4mm or 8mm? Spanish media are saying 8mm (as per Nike, they say). It would be interesting to have drop measured and stack height too. Maybe when Alex Filitti drops his video he will share full measurements...

BTW, on Spain they are on sale too (got one!) and on Keller-Sports or Top4Running there are numbers available.

The media in the UK are saying the same thing as well, 8mm 'from Nike' but also find that surprising.

If the original Alpha is 40mm to 36mm = 4mm; it would suggest there is less zoomx in the forefoot for the Alpha 2? Something like 40mm to 32mm??

FYI - sportsshoes and prodirectrunning still have stock too right now.

There seems to be plenty of retailers selling them this time compared to the streakfly proto

Kinda like the exclusiveness of the small releases tho

15% code works on sportshoes too

What idiots bought this shoe to try to resell? Lol saw a few on eBay already.

The media in the UK are saying the same thing as well, 8mm 'from Nike' but also find that surprising.

If the original Alpha is 40mm to 36mm = 4mm; it would suggest there is less zoomx in the forefoot for the Alpha 2? Something like 40mm to 32mm??

FYI - sportsshoes and prodirectrunning still have stock too right now.
That's what I thought: 40/32 less foam. But the shoe is heavier and the upper is not, so there must be more foam (a la MetaSpeed Sky+). And less rubber in the sole is confirmed also, so something is strange about this...

Anyone here prefer the AF to VFN?
Yeah, a lot of people prefer them. Me included for anything from HM to FM. 10K and less, obviously nope.

They offer better muscle protection. For me, AF1 destroyed my toes because of the plastic of the top of the shoe, but AF2 has none of that, so they will be my marathon shoe for sure (and many many other people in 2:30-3:00 range uses them too, while faster guys mostly prefer Vapor, but not all)

Anyone find a site that ships to the US? Seems like Nike blocked retailers from sending outside of the UK and EU

C2E45446-29B3-4DA3-B40F-73BF6F241FD7.png
Think sportsshoes uk ships to us although they only have up to uk size 8

I’d hang off tho, they’ve just released on the Nike Mexico site so would have thought us release is very soon

That's what I thought: 40/32 less foam. But the shoe is heavier and the upper is not, so there must be more foam (a la MetaSpeed Sky+). And less rubber in the sole is confirmed also, so something is strange about this...
there's probably less forefoot stack, but the midsole is wider throughout. The upper looks heavier too.

Yeah, a lot of people prefer them. Me included for anything from HM to FM. 10K and less, obviously nope.

They offer better muscle protection. For me, AF1 destroyed my toes because of the plastic of the top of the shoe, but AF2 has none of that, so they will be my marathon shoe for sure (and many many other people in 2:30-3:00 range uses them too, while faster guys mostly prefer Vapor, but not all)

Just curious, why no for a 10k?

Anyone find a site that ships to the US? Seems like Nike blocked retailers from sending outside of the UK and EU

C2E45446-29B3-4DA3-B40F-73BF6F241FD7.png
Nike announced the release but I still haven't seen anywhere in the US that is selling them yet.

Attachments

• NikeAP2.png
    NikeAP2.png
    683.1 KB · Views: 219
Back
Top Bottom