Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

nike needs to use them gummy soles more

1660575627713.jpeg

80E00906-75B0-4507-B7C0-73B23A6A75A6.jpeg

Update on my ZF5, after a first somewhat good/okay run, every run after it has been horrendous. I found wearing them for prolonged periods of time actually made my feet really sore (at one stage I thought I’d rebroken a previous broken toe that it hurt that much). Even trying to wear them in, they created the same pains, my feet would literally go numb which was SO strange. After todays run where I brought my VF2 with me to switch if the pains popped up again, became pretty clear the shoe just isn’t right, popped on the VF2’s and the pains disappeared. The fit is all fine by the way, been running for a long time and never had this kinda pain from shoes before. Going back to Nike. Hope the Pegasus Turbo doesn’t disappoint as much as this, I had high hopes for ZF5…

Update on my ZF5, after a first somewhat good/okay run, every run after it has been horrendous. I found wearing them for prolonged periods of time actually made my feet really sore (at one stage I thought I’d rebroken a previous broken toe that it hurt that much). Even trying to wear them in, they created the same pains, my feet would literally go numb which was SO strange. After todays run where I brought my VF2 with me to switch if the pains popped up again, became pretty clear the shoe just isn’t right, popped on the VF2’s and the pains disappeared. The fit is all fine by the way, been running for a long time and never had this kinda pain from shoes before. Going back to Nike. Hope the Pegasus Turbo doesn’t disappoint as much as this, I had high hopes for ZF5…
I wanted to like the ZF 5 but ended up returning them. The shoe felt great running except for a hot spot that popped up every run. I’ve had the same issue with all the previous ZF models except the ZF 4 giving me hot spots under the ball of my foot. I suspect this is due to my foot strike and wearing them on hot roads in the summer.

The ZF 4 released in late fall so I started wearing them in cooler weather and didn’t have the issue.

I’m going to give the ZF 5 another shot when the orange CW the Believe in the Run had release. I’m assuming that will be early fall and it could work better for me in cooler temperatures.

I wanted to like the ZF 5 but ended up returning them. The shoe felt great running except for a hot spot that popped up every run. I’ve had the same issue with all the previous ZF models except the ZF 4 giving me hot spots under the ball of my foot. I suspect this is due to my foot strike and wearing them on hot roads in the summer.

The ZF 4 released in late fall so I started wearing them in cooler weather and didn’t have the issue.

I’m going to give the ZF 5 another shot when the orange CW the Believe in the Run had release. I’m assuming that will be early fall and it could work better for me in cooler temperatures.
The green pair is on sale for $120 on RWH….the closest Fall colorway if you ask me lol.

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Zoom_Fly_5/descpage-NZF5M3.html

I returned mine as well. Mostly because it was just kinda meh and I wanted to try the other shoes. I would grab on sale again though. To your point ColinZaid ColinZaid , I wore them casually and found they stretched my plantar fascia more than any other carbon fibre plated shoe I've ever had. I think it's the orientation of the plate that really seems to be more aggressive than anything I've felt for some reason.

Remember those early leaks that had the ZF5 as the Pegasus 39? The more I ran in them the more I realized that it felt like a Pegasus in that it was harder to do slow runs and really fast runs. It felt like the ZF5 really wanted to be in a similar spot to where the Peg 39 has me feeling. It actually doesn't surprise me at all that someone thought it might be a new Pegasus based on how my 50 miles went.

I think that ZoomXRunner ZoomXRunner might be onto something and that cooler temperatures might be the ideal conditions to run in the ZF5 as the runs that I enjoyed more were the days were it wasn't as hot.

Back
Top Bottom