Nike's lack of support for the Canadian Market

It's simple economics, guys. The paltry amount of dollars Canadian sneakerheads would generate isn't worth the bother. That's also why we don't get anything nice anymore – it just doesn't sell in the numbers they feel justify sending it here in the first place.

Not hatin', just 'splainin'. Trust me. I feel y'alls pain. But with the number of sites that frequently get great stuff (sneakerhead.com, pickyourshoes.com), if you really want something it's pretty easy to get. And those sites are generally cheaper than Eastbay and NDC (though not always).

And both those providers usually don't end up getting dinged at the border (in my experience, at least. Eastbay is a whole 'nother matter).

On the plus side, rocking stuff that's only available stateside means you're less likely to see somebody wearing the same joints.

my local footlocker gets like no releases... you have to preorder from them.

my local footlocker gets like no releases... you have to preorder from them.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. Cool to see other Canadian nike heads posting here!

It sucks that Nike doesn't ship to Canada. Honestly though, Livestock is the place to order from in Canada. They get tons of good stuff and their online sales guy is super cool. He always checks in to make sure I like my shoes. I just got my Bordeaux 7's and a pair of Huf's from there.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. Cool to see other Canadian nike heads posting here!

It sucks that Nike doesn't ship to Canada. Honestly though, Livestock is the place to order from in Canada. They get tons of good stuff and their online sales guy is super cool. He always checks in to make sure I like my shoes. I just got my Bordeaux 7's and a pair of Huf's from there.

lol funny you mention livestock. i've never dealt with their online sales, but in my experiences, i've noticed that if you aren't decked out in the hundreds/bbc/bape, you get mean mugged the entire time you're in their store. walk 2 blocks to stussy, or goodfoot when it was still around, everyone was welcome. i miss that

lol funny you mention livestock. i've never dealt with their online sales, but in my experiences, i've noticed that if you aren't decked out in the hundreds/bbc/bape, you get mean mugged the entire time you're in their store. walk 2 blocks to stussy, or goodfoot when it was still around, everyone was welcome. i miss that

Nike Canada is savage man. Heres an example.

$110 usd hyperdunks and Kobes. In canada the hypers are 150, they kobes are 180...
sick.gif

Didnt they go through the same border to get here? Come on man, quit treating us like suckers.

$110 usd hyperdunks and Kobes. In canada the hypers are 150, they kobes are 180...
sick.gif

Didnt they go through the same border to get here? Come on man, quit treating us like suckers.

f3DJam wrote:

sick.gif

Its the Canadian government.....You really think Nike Canada wants to charge that much more especially in a market like Toronto. Toronto is like 5th largest market in North America. If Nike could sell the shoes at the same price as the US you know they would.

f3DJam wrote:

sick.gif

Its the Canadian government.....You really think Nike Canada wants to charge that much more especially in a market like Toronto. Toronto is like 5th largest market in North America. If Nike could sell the shoes at the same price as the US you know they would.

Originally Posted by jookz

I used to notice that too. I think the staff now is much better though. Every time I go there on vacation the guys are great and there never seems to be any egos.

It would be cool if Nike could bring the prices in Canada down more. I know I'd definitely buy more kicks if I wasn't spending 190 plus on a pair!

I used to notice that too. I think the staff now is much better though. Every time I go there on vacation the guys are great and there never seems to be any egos.

It would be cool if Nike could bring the prices in Canada down more. I know I'd definitely buy more kicks if I wasn't spending 190 plus on a pair!

Originally Posted by chrischen

Yeah.. all those people who work there seem like they could give a $#^%$.. like seriously man? U work at a retail spot.. how you gonna act all snobby and treat your customers with a
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by chrischen

Yeah.. all those people who work there seem like they could give a $#^%$.. like seriously man? U work at a retail spot.. how you gonna act all snobby and treat your customers with a
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

f3DJam wrote:

sick.gif

my bad, some dude on here was saying Nike Canada did it. The unfair and different tax raises on certain shoes. Good looks

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

f3DJam wrote:

sick.gif

my bad, some dude on here was saying Nike Canada did it. The unfair and different tax raises on certain shoes. Good looks

The Canadian government is responsible for Nike Canada's pricing?  
laugh.gif
  Ummm, no. 

laugh.gif
  Ummm, no. 

ill4eva wrote:
laugh.gif
  Ummm, no. 

Its called Tariffs.....Nike doesn't make shoes in Canada so therefore they are imported which means tariffs. Look at the liquor store every non-Canadian alcohol costs more in Canada. While the Canadian liquor costs the same in the US. The Canadian government is so protectionist in its policies and so tax money hungry that its not even funny. I guess theoretically Nike Canada could drop their prices but they would still get hit with high tariffs.

ill4eva wrote:
laugh.gif
  Ummm, no. 

Its called Tariffs.....Nike doesn't make shoes in Canada so therefore they are imported which means tariffs. Look at the liquor store every non-Canadian alcohol costs more in Canada. While the Canadian liquor costs the same in the US. The Canadian government is so protectionist in its policies and so tax money hungry that its not even funny. I guess theoretically Nike Canada could drop their prices but they would still get hit with high tariffs.

Since "Nike North America" didn't quite happen, what was the compromise..... if there ever was one?

Since "Nike North America" didn't quite happen, what was the compromise..... if there ever was one?

Back
Top Bottom