Nike's lack of support for the Canadian Market

GP9Rm4108 wrote:

We have an Adidas outlet store here in Winnipeg. It's pathetic that Foot Locker and Champs have a selection that's 100x better than their own store and it still sucks.

Even the adidas outlet doesn't have much... if you're lucky there might be a decent pair of ball shoes. 
But yeah the price on Jordans is ridiculous up here. $189 or $199 retail. Meanwhile the states is $159 *%%. I only work at foot locker to get discounts on jordans and its basically just the US price lol

Originally Posted by Clayface

Even the adidas outlet doesn't have much... if you're lucky there might be a decent pair of ball shoes. 
But yeah the price on Jordans is ridiculous up here. $189 or $199 retail. Meanwhile the states is $159 *%%. I only work at foot locker to get discounts on jordans and its basically just the US price lol
Prices of Jordans haven't really changed much for the past 15-16 years. Not sure how it was before 95 as i was not living in Canada yet. but since 96 most of the Jordans that I have been buying was in the price range of $199.00 and up. I remember buying Jordan XI's (96-97) for S199.00 then it went on sale for $99.00 in late 97.  IMO, Jordans are the same price or somewhat cheaper now than from the prices we were seeing 10 years ago. Remember when the prices of J's were $219.00-$249.00 or even higher ( Spizike's sold for 249.00 or more at one time if I remember correctly). I believe the most expensive J's that I bought were Jordan XVII's, they were $399.00.

But I agree, I would love to see J's on par with US MRSP's. Maybe even just $10.00 or $15.00 more. I doubt it ever will happen though.

Aslo, thanks for sharing some great information empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by Clayface

Prices of Jordans haven't really changed much for the past 15-16 years. Not sure how it was before 95 as i was not living in Canada yet. but since 96 most of the Jordans that I have been buying was in the price range of $199.00 and up. I remember buying Jordan XI's (96-97) for S199.00 then it went on sale for $99.00 in late 97.  IMO, Jordans are the same price or somewhat cheaper now than from the prices we were seeing 10 years ago. Remember when the prices of J's were $219.00-$249.00 or even higher ( Spizike's sold for 249.00 or more at one time if I remember correctly). I believe the most expensive J's that I bought were Jordan XVII's, they were $399.00.

But I agree, I would love to see J's on par with US MRSP's. Maybe even just $10.00 or $15.00 more. I doubt it ever will happen though.

Aslo, thanks for sharing some great information empirestrikesfirst

adidas outlets have always sucked, and the point of how jordans have always remained around the same price in canada is valid to why they remain this way today. The american market is also way bigger than the canadian market, how many times have you had to line up to buy an air jordan shoe? or weren't able to walk into a store on release date and EASILY grab your size? American companies order way more than the canadian ones do, also there's so much more that has to do with trade agreements and fees canadian distributors have to deal with that most aren't aware of. It's not really nike's lack of support, it's just how things are and unfortunately for us we just have to deal with it. I could write a long @$% essay in reasons why the prices are the way they are but it won't change things, and ppl will still complain. am i upset that i gotta pay 50 dollars more for a shoe at times? a little, am i happy that i never have to camp out or worry about getting jacked for my J's? yup!

ps the one peeve i have is how those MAGS weren't available to CANADA! Michael J. Fox is friggin canadian!

adidas outlets have always sucked, and the point of how jordans have always remained around the same price in canada is valid to why they remain this way today. The american market is also way bigger than the canadian market, how many times have you had to line up to buy an air jordan shoe? or weren't able to walk into a store on release date and EASILY grab your size? American companies order way more than the canadian ones do, also there's so much more that has to do with trade agreements and fees canadian distributors have to deal with that most aren't aware of. It's not really nike's lack of support, it's just how things are and unfortunately for us we just have to deal with it. I could write a long @$% essay in reasons why the prices are the way they are but it won't change things, and ppl will still complain. am i upset that i gotta pay 50 dollars more for a shoe at times? a little, am i happy that i never have to camp out or worry about getting jacked for my J's? yup!

ps the one peeve i have is how those MAGS weren't available to CANADA! Michael J. Fox is friggin canadian!

Back
Top Bottom