Nike's LeBron Sneakers to Test $300 Limit

let me think......
for 10 years or
for 10 wears.
It won't happen overnight, but this is the beginning of people saying "F Nike" (and what they care about, the loss of market share).

You're really comparing a pair of dress shoes that will be lightly walked in at best, to a pair of athletic sneakers designed to protect your foot and ankles from severe physical stresses? :smh:

comparing 'cause they're basically the same price and :lol: if you think the 98% of the people who buy those LeBrons are going to need their foot and ankles protected from "severe physical stresses." in other words, no one is going to actually play ball in those. how many guys have you seen hooping in the galaxy foams?

Last edited:
I like Nike but I aint spending 300 on their sneakers. I can get handmade designer sneakers for that price.

A friend of mine has alot of the exclusive Lebrons. When ever he coes to the city he rocks them and hell have alot of high school boys breaking there necks and asking him bout them.

I wear a pair of Balenciagas and I break the necks of women and they come up and inquire about them.

300 for shoes to look good for other dudes. SMH

Now if you are playing ball in these I understand. I believe you need good equipment while playing sports.
arenas?
nerd.gif

I am more appalled by the $100 shorts.
sick.gif
I mean, those things better massage my balls every time I hit a jumpshot.
laugh.gif

Did I read it right 'cause from my understanding, the shoes measure how high you jump? The only people who I thought really cared about that were high jumpers as in track and field.

Did I read it right 'cause from my understanding, the shoes measure how high you jump? The only people who I thought really cared about that were high jumpers as in track and field.
How does it even do that?

Wouldn't you have to calibrate it every time you use it?

$290 makes sense for the Sport Package witht he regular version being $180 since the Hyperdunk+ is $110 more than the regular Hyperdunks ($250 to $140).

And Nike never said the price of the Sport Packaged Lebron X yet and you guys jumping to conclusions again how they lowered the price. All they confirmed is the regular Lebron Xs price which is $180.

Tuesday evening, Nike spokesman Brian Strong called the Journal's reported price "inaccurate," while clarifying that the main version of the shoe would come at a significantly lower price point.

"The LeBron X will be launched in the fall at a suggested retail price of $180," Strong said, in a statement. "The initial introduction of the LeBron X will be the red, white and blue Nike+ enabled version and that price is still being set, but will be at a higher price to reflect the Nike+ technology embedded in the shoes."

comparing 'cause they're basically the same price and :lol: if you think the 98% of the people who buy those LeBrons are going to need their foot and ankles protected from "severe physical stresses." in other words, no one is going to actually play ball in those. how many guys have you seen hooping in the galaxy foams?

I'd say 5% of the people that buy the elite version will hoop in them.

Just because Nike CAN make a $300 shoe, it doesn't mean they need to. At the end of the day people just want a comfortable shoe that looks halfway decent to play ball in. I don't need electronics in my shoe, fused plastic, carbon fiber that wraps around my whole foot. I personally play basketball in KD3s and I haven't had any problems in them. The only Nike technology I really need in a basketball shoe is Zoom Air. I would much prefer a nice leather or durabuck shoe with zoom air, to an all plastic shoe that won't break in and carbon fiber for double the price. I think Nike gets ahead of themselves and their innovation isn't even always needed.

laugh.gif
 at anyone who thinks a shoe will ever be worth 290...
mean.gif

Who am I to talk though...my parents bought me the 17's when they dropped for 200...
tired.gif

Guess it was that cheap *** briefcase...smh. 

I like Nike but I aint spending 300 on their sneakers. I can get handmade designer sneakers for that price.
A friend of mine has alot of the exclusive Lebrons. When ever he coes to the city he rocks them and hell have alot of high school boys breaking there necks and asking him bout them.
I wear a pair of Balenciagas and I break the necks of women and they come up and inquire about them.
300 for shoes to look good for other dudes. SMH
Now if you are playing ball in these I understand. I believe you need good equipment while playing sports.
true story...

yambs not gonna say sheeeeeiiit about you rocking the new 'Brons....
I don't think most cats are dressing for dudes or girls. I feel most get what they like and the compliments are secondary.

And they won't be good. Those with the best gear, matching socks and all that, are usually the worst players. I can almost guarantee that the people I will see playing basketball in these shoes will be scrubs. The guy in New Balances or Brooks is almost always wiping the floor with the dude in the newest Kobes or LeBrons. 

And they won't be good. Those with the best gear, matching socks and all that, are usually the worst players. I can almost guarantee that the people I will see playing basketball in these shoes will be scrubs. The guy in New Balances or Brooks is almost always wiping the floor with the dude in the newest Kobes or LeBrons. 
No offense to you but I swear every time I hear a dude say this I'm like you don't have to be a hater mane. I say that cause I've saw bums of every clothing style on court. I guess another reason I feel this way is cause 9 outta 10 times its always my black friends with this line of thinking. Its almost like dudes want you to be bad so they be like I told you but the ones that will mop you in that matching gear dudes have nothing to say. I've saw that with my own two eyes dude garbage a dunk on or three later cats got no air like they Chris Brown. Oh yeah after all I typed I actually agree with you its just how dudes for some reason automatically wanna assume things that gets me. Let boy play before you come to conclusions.

This is just a test for Nike to see if this will work... which it probably will.

They didn't get to where they are by making stupid decisions... they know exactly what they're doing.

Look at all the media attention these sneakers have gotten the past few days.

Pure Genius Nike Inc. is... free advertising on one of their most gifted athlete pertaining to his shoes and they didn't even need to drop a dime :x :smh: :smokin

It's just like Jordan Brand did in 2003... they released the True Blue 3's without the Nike Air on the back to test the waters to see if they would still sell.

Here we are nine years later... "settling" for whatever they'll give us just so we can have some nostalgia or status with our peers.

No offense to you but I swear every time I hear a dude say this I'm like you don't have to be a hater mane. I say that cause I've saw bums of every clothing style on court. I guess another reason I feel this way is cause 9 outta 10 times its always my black friends with this line of thinking. Its almost like dudes want you to be bad so they be like I told you but the ones that will mop you in that matching gear dudes have nothing to say. I've saw that with my own two eyes dude garbage a dunk on or three later cats got no air like they Chris Brown. Oh yeah after all I typed I actually agree with you its just how dudes for some reason automatically wanna assume things that gets me. Let boy play before you come to conclusions.
Obviously there will be outliers. I'm just speaking from experience and I did say usually. Often, those who care the most about style on the court are usually the farthest away from doing anything substantive on it. 

Ultra-stylish gear or not, I always make the same assumption for whomever I'm guarding: he can't shoot. He has to show me otherwise before I actually guard him on the perimeter. Most people are bricklayers. 

So much publicity for the X now. Already wanted this to be a big shoe for him seeing as it was probably going to be the first one after a title and they are taking full advantage.

Be real, the best colors will be Nike+ so mogs will buy them. I'm surprised I haven't seen more happiness that "Nike finally did something to cut out resellers".

It's also crazy how you can still see some media members who want to blame LeBron for everything.

Wonder how many of ya'll will actually dish out the 300 for them. It's always like this
"oh wut! Nike raising the prices?! I won't cop them, I won't!"
*release date comes around*
"oh, I just bought them cus I don't know when they'll retro them again hehe he. I can probably get my money back if I want to sell them anyway hehehe"
That consumerism sheep mentality some people carry is hilarious sometimes. Eating their own **** once it's time to truly test yourself. Nike knows you'll find a way to rationalize the 300 if you choose to buy them.

Back
Top Bottom