Nike's LeBron Sneakers to Test $300 Limit

Ridiculous price. The fact that Lebron will be wearing a new $300+ pair of shoes every night is even more ridiculous. No thanks, I will stick to chucks and nike frees.

lebron just got a ring 1 RING !!!!!! and hes shoes is 300 damn i hope kobe wins next year and the year after

The crazy thing is that not only will they sell out ...but the people who manage to get a pair will actually be thankful for it!

In reality you've just wasted $300 on a lump of plastic garbage that gives you no more athletic performance advantage than a pair of flip-flops...

but your brainwashed materialistic mind feels as if you've just won the lottery because you're one of the "lucky chosen few" who managed to cop this ultra limited, height of fashion, uber technologically advanced wonder shoe!

mean.gif

Nike marketing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

These will not sit. Nike has one of the best marketing plans I've ever seen in business and honestly this plan is so easy to execute that they will all sell out.

Its as simple as: Making all the best colorways exclusive to the + Model. You guys really think SB 10+s will sit? Big Bangs? Entourages? Miami Nights? OLYs? That alone will drive those shoes off the shelves. Now if they make a Home and Away version of those, they'll sit just like the elites did.

I wont be spending 315 on a + pair but 180 is fine depending on how much I like them. 180 is the way things are now and I'm fine with that, but its teetering on the line.

I dont like to weigh in on the socioeconomics of sneaker buying I dont think its my place to judge others. All I know is that if I was in a spot where those sneakers would cripple me financially I know I wouldnt buy them. This is exactly why I support fakes. I wont buy them but I love for anyone who is really down financially but still feels the need to try and buy these shoes for whatever reason (to stop from being ridiculed, keeping up with the joneses, etc) to buy fakes. 9/10 of these people will not be playing ball in them so the fakes will hold up. You go on Youtube and see reviews of fakes and the common person wouldnt even be able to tell the difference so why not. I would much rather see someone spend $50 on some fakes than 200+ on a real pair knowing full well they cant really afford it.
What the hell does supporting fakes have to do with the MSRP of this shoe being $315? You can't afford it NOW then wait for it get marked down or find a CHEAPER alternative. Wearing fakes has NEVER been cool, don't try to justify it because you can't afford it.
Because regardless of how expensive the shoes get, there are some people who know that they cant really afford it who choose to buy them anyways. You're right that if people cant afford it they should just move on but we all know that some peoples minds dont work that way. They dont want to be that guy whos walking around in the Asics while everyone else has Nikes and J's on and will take money that they know they should be using for other things and buy shoes with them. Idk if you've ever seen that but I have. Like I said before I dont truly know someones finances so I cant really judge them for it but when I hear someone say "Man I really want those kicks but I cant afford it" I wouldnt have a problem with them buying fakes. To be clear when I say "I cant afford it:" I dont mean people who just dont WANT to pay that much I mean the people who if they do pay that much, something else like the light bill, food, or rent will be neglected. 

Theyre not really in it for the actual shoe anyways so why spend all that money? Thats not to say they should cop fakes and be on their high horse about it rubbing having the shoe in peoples faces, cause you shouldnt do that with real ones. I'd much rather see someone buy fakes than to potentially ruin themselves financially for real ones. This obviously doesnt apply to everyone.

It was just a response to the direction that the thread is moving in, not related to me at all. Still stand by it however.

Last edited:
i dont get it...are people mad cuz its the lebrons that are pushing 3 bills? so if it were yeezys it'll be ok?

How come Nike can charge $400+ for soccer shoes and no-one complains, but as soon as a Black athlete has a $300+ shoe it's the end of the world?
There are $400 cleats? 

I thought $250 was pushing it. 

Even then, lightweight shoes with metal spikes on them have more specific utility than rubber shoes with flat bottoms. 

They will sell, and the idiots that buy it will make every excuse in the book that it's worth it.....
mean.gif

They better be bullet proof for $300,since they aren't idiot-proof.

Last edited:
In regards to nikes slow but steady price increase, has everyone noticed how even outlets have high prices? Most of the sneakers are maybe $20 or $30 less than retail. That's not an "outlet" price imo.

If nike wants to see sales increase, stop making all that team jordan stuff and other sneakers that don't sell at all.
Cut the fat.

^^^ true story about those team Jordan's and regular Nikes.

They use those hypes up releases to sell other stuff in bunches.

How come Nike can charge $400+ for soccer shoes and no-one complains, but as soon as a Black athlete has a $300+ shoe it's the end of the world?
Who is the athlete attached to the soccer shoe? If it's nobody, there's your answer. Besides, we're in the US. Nobody gives a (relative) damn about soccer over here.

Assuming these are a GR (they are, correct?), they won't sell out.

Not caring about keeping up with kicks...

#feelsgoodman

My young homey said "you didn't get the package?"

Me: naw ... how much was it?

Young homey: $380. I copped a 13

Me: don't you wear an 8.5?

Young homey: :\

Me: yo coulda copped Adidas samoas ans got the same yambs.
you are right , but the thing is it's an easy hundred or two flippin those even if you do have a 9-5. People paying 6 hundred for those online. so many people bought that package and don't ever plan on wearing.

Last edited:
I love LeBrons, but I would never pay over 200 retail for ANY kicks. I dont even pay over 200 when buying from resellers. I have passed on plenty of kicks because I refuse to go over 250 no matter the kicks.

We all know that majority of them will end up on sale, and thats when I will scoop them, when they are on sale and I use my discount.

It's just too much. Call me old fashion but once the price gets up around that range I start thinkin bout other ways I can spend my money.

you are right , but the thing is it's an easy hundred or two flippin those even if you do have a 9-5. People paying 6 hundred for those online. so many people bought that package and don't ever plan on wearing.
i guess you got a point... my lil homey was really just trying to swap for his size...

he's staying at the crib, but in school, and works a decent job, so he aint one of those kids that doesnt value the money spent cuz he earned it on his own.. :pimp:

me personally, being 23 w/ rent due next week, i couldnt see myself dropping $380 on a package, $300 for some brons w/ an computer that tells me i got bounce...

cant wear them to work, and refuse to wear them to the club so they can get stepped on and dirty...

It's just too much. Call me old fashion but once the price gets up around that range I start thinkin bout other ways I can spend my money.
happens as responsibility starts to take hold...

$300 would go STRAIGHT to the savings account... or atleast to a new motorcycle...

:pimp: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom