Nike's new RSVP process

they should do an online raffle by everyone filling out a form a couple days before the release day and the winners pick up their pair on release day
I'd be cool with this if it was all automated.   If it left the human factor out I'm all for it.  At least we would know it would be fair.

I think Chinese programmers can crack the code . At NT Chicago I saw a mom and dad and there 2 sons , looked like computer geeks to me . Anyways they all got rsvp's fir the eggplants including old *** mom and dad . That **** was suspicious . Lucky fuks walked out with 4 pairs of eggplant . You know they just wanted to resell them . I don't own a gun but that's the type of **** that makes me want to . Ill go postal on a reseller.

I'd be cool with this if it was all automated.   If it left the human factor out I'm all for it.  At least we would know it would be fair.
yea it should be all automated, i dont mess with the in store raffles because the employees guarantee pairs to their friends

the quicker people understand that unless NIKE includes some kind of transparency in the RSVP process it will always be fixed since it's managed by a human element that can be altered for it's own personal gain. :smh: this is something they already know.

I think Chinese programmers can crack the code . At NT Chicago I saw a mom and dad and there 2 sons , looked like computer geeks to me . Anyways they all got rsvp's fir the eggplants including old *** mom and dad . That **** was suspicious . Lucky fuks walked out with 4 pairs of eggplant . You know they just wanted to resell them . I don't own a gun but that's the type of **** that makes me want to . Ill go postal on a reseller.
You're talking about that Asian family
roll.gif

So what you're saying is you want a gun to kill a reseller? Or just pistol-whip them?

It's THAT serious to you? Get your **** straight. 
sick.gif

It's was a joke . I wouldn't shoot nobody but I do want my pair every week if that's ok

Last edited:
Have you guys ever won anything from the RSVP system?
Yup. 7/7
Red/white XI lows
Olympic VIs
Miami Vice Lebron IX Elite
Bred XIs
Stealth Foams
Gold Medal KD IV
DB IX
Got them all fair and square

Last edited:
Call it a donation, but what's the difference between a $10 donation to him and the $30 or $50 "donation" to the other snipers? THAT is hypocrisy. And to be clear, it was stated that you had an advantage with the $10 donation. In the end, I have no problem with someone trying to pull their hustle while they can, whether I agree with it or not, but don't act like you're trying to stop the other guys from making a killing when you're promoting the same paid service for your own profit.

What really irks me is that he claimed he was doing this to put an end to the snipers, and yet here he is already saying that despite of a new system (which he was looking for Nike to implement), and despite a policy that strictly forbids this, he's going to push on to compete with the other snipers. It nullifies the whole premise for doing it in the first place.

He wasn't forcing anyone to pay and some won without paying. Great. But that's just a distraction from the fact that he was profiting just like the people he claimed he was trying to put out of business. Isn't it clear as day he's out to make money just like these other people, he's just doing it for cheaper and not looking like the bad guy bc of the free option as well?

His intent was to "even out the field". But once he saw what could be made, things changed.

Money changes things, and there is nothing wrong with that.

His original intent has not been forgotten.

His intent was to "even out the field". But once he saw what could be made, things changed.

Money changes things, and there is nothing wrong with that.

His original intent has not been forgotten.

Talk is cheap, that's all. He and I shot some messages back and forth and the last one I received was this: " My goal is to make all those crappy native apps that these people are hustling around, pretty much useless. I believe I can do it, but we'll see."

Continuing at this point isn't making these apps useless, it's admitting that they're here to stay. Maybe he thinks participating further will achieve that, but I think his goal is more about the money. It just goes to show how pervasive the greed is. Like I said, anyone can do what they want to make some money in this country, but I won't agree with people saying to accept the fact that this kind of greed is how it is and how it has to be. At least Nike is stepping up and in the process evaluating the situation rather than just keeping status quo.

Yea chronos is a great dude . I think the only people talking crap are the ones who couldn't get a rsvp

Yea chronos is a great dude . I think the only people talking crap are the ones who couldn't get a rsvp
:smh: that has nothing to do with my perspective on the issue, and he probably is a great dude. I laid out my points pretty clearly. Profiting, be it $10 a shoe or $50, shouldn't be part of the process. It's hypocritical to say he's doing some great thing and bash the guys doing the same thing but charging $50 instead. If you're going to defend making a smaller profit than you could make, then you have no business bashing those guys charging $50.

Nike institutes a policy strictly forbidding it, and you claim to be trying to help fix the situation? That's when I think you should back out. But like others have mentioned, money and greed motivate people more than anything.

Last edited:
This is stupid anyways If you do it by text message don't even bother. Tweets are delayed via text. No point

This is stupid anyways If you do it by text message don't even bother. Tweets are delayed via text. No point

Also not true. I scored all of mine last year via text. At least 8 or 9 pairs. Even got DBIX via text. That's assuming a level playing field though.

now they could have all rigged the system so they all got a pair but we don't know if they were gonna resell them.  When I  go to lineup at the HOH in Vegas I see a lot of old Asian parents with their kids rocking foams and Kobes.  

*Bot Update * anyways since the previous rsvp bot I had is obsolete the software developer I paid to do it for me is updating the program . Seems pointless though . He said I would have to twitter camp , I enter my name and shoe size in the program box, wait for rsvp open tweet than the program will automatically extract image . All I have to do is type in the hash tag from the image an hit send . . Gues that's the only way around it for now which sucks cuz it would still take a few seconds rather than instantly and I would have to miss a day of work. There's gotta be another way.
Using your "BOT" would be pointless.

No different from doing it the old fashion way...

Last edited:
the quicker people understand that unless NIKE includes some kind of transparency in the RSVP process it will always be fixed since it's managed by a human element that can be altered for it's own personal gain.
mean.gif
this is something they already know.
I agree I've been saying this since the rsvp system was put in place.

That's what I'm saying . I could just copy and paste in the same amount of time. Thank god it's just a prototype . I'm hoping he can figure out to extract the hash tag from the image itself automatically .

Last edited:
now they could have all rigged the system so they all got a pair but we don't know if they were gonna resell them.  When I  go to lineup at the HOH in Vegas I see a lot of old Asian parents with their kids rocking foams and Kobes.  
That doesn't happen in Chicago homie. This isn't Las Vegas.

Talk is cheap, that's all. He and I shot some messages back and forth and the last one I received was this: " My goal is to make all those crappy native apps that these people are hustling around, pretty much useless. I believe I can do it, but we'll see."

Continuing at this point isn't making these apps useless, it's admitting that they're here to stay. Maybe he thinks participating further will achieve that, but I think his goal is more about the money. It just goes to show how pervasive the greed is. Like I said, anyone can do what they want to make some money in this country, but I won't agree with people saying to accept the fact that this kind of greed is how it is and how it has to be. At least Nike is stepping up and in the process evaluating the situation rather than just keeping status quo.

Your point of view make's sense now.(Since you had a discussion via pm)

But with many of my family members being programmers and some with CS majors, they can be VERY competitive. Maybe Chro is so focused on breaking the code. To prove himself and everyone else that it can be done. Hey, that's what you’re trained to do. Right?

Back
Top Bottom