Nike's new RSVP process

Clearly there was something fishy going down last week with those Asians . I even saw them the week before during the HGG 13 rsvp pick . Same family walking out with a pair of shoes . 4 pairs . 2 for the young men to keep and the other 2 that the parents got to resell .

When the **** did I call them resellers? I never once said that buddy pipe down.
The original person who posted the comment did.  Since what seemed to me like you were agreeing with him by replying to me "this doesn't happen in Chicago homie this isn't Las Vegas"  I figured you shared the same views about older Asians. Otherwise I don't think  you would have responded to me when I was quoting someone else.

The original person who posted the comment did.  Since what seemed to me like you were agreeing with him by replying to me "this doesn't happen in Chicago homie this isn't Las Vegas"  I figured you shared the same views about older Asians. Otherwise I don't think  you would have responded to me when I was quoting someone else.
Prime example of why it's not good to assume. I gave you facts about the situation. That doesn't mean I thought they were resellers. Ask anybody on here located near Chicago do they see old Asian people in Foams. The overwhelming response will be no so again this isn't Las Vegas like I said. That's all I was saying. They could have been resellers or they could have been merely helping the young men double up on some dope kicks. Either way I could careless.

Prime example of why it's not good to assume. I gave you facts about the situation. That doesn't mean I thought they were resellers. Ask anybody on here located near Chicago do they see old Asian people in Foams. The overwhelming response will be no so again this isn't Las Vegas like I said. That's all I was saying. They could have been resellers or they could have been merely helping the young men double up on some dope kicks. Either way I could careless.
you are right my fault for judging you by your comment.

you are right my fault for judging you by your comment.
It's cool man. I just don't want to be misrepresented. No harm no foul though man but yeah old Asian people aren't all Foamed out here
laugh.gif

Just wondering after everyone updates there bot who's gonna be the new rsvp king. Could it be Memphis jack

I c
It's cool man. I just don't want to be misrepresented. No harm no foul though man but yeah old Asian people aren't all Foamed out here :lol:
I concur , I didn't even know Asians rocked b ball shoes besides Jeremy Lin . Guess he changed the game for them .

machine learning... it's possible. The hand writing makes the app work harder, in terms of running algorithms that compare against known character styles. The "styles" definitions can be updated to take in account modifications that successfully tricked the system. As j23 mentioned, checking against a set of words, the app can actually guess some words.

I have first hand experience with converting the text in an image to a string. Not easy, but far from impossible.

Ok lol, then let me make a new statement: There's no way that programmers will literally ALWAYS have a way to use bots to exploit any solution Nike throws out there. There definitely is something that is foolproof.

Maybe it'll be handwritten notes with different color paper and text, different fonts and different sizes of text to make comparing character styles and definitions harder. Or maybe it'll be short 3-4 second long video clips where someone says a sentence with the hashtag in it or just holds up a piece of paper with the hashtag written on it in the video. Isn't the latter infallible?

It doesn't have to be infallible. It just has to take enough time that by the time the application processes it (correctly), any human could have done the same. Personally I think they created the policy which is more important than the embedded hashtag. The hashtag is just the first step, and probably a stop gap solution in the interim. I'm more interested to see the hell raised when people start getting their RSVP's cancelled and being blacklisted (not that it will do much since you could create a new twitter account).

It doesn't have to be infallible. It just has to take enough time that by the time the application processes it (correctly), any human could have done the same. Personally I think they created the policy which is more important than the embedded hashtag. The hashtag is just the first step, and probably a stop gap solution in the interim. I'm more interested to see the hell raised when people start getting their RSVP's cancelled and being blacklisted (not that it will do much since you could create a new twitter account).

The very last part of your post is what makes me not care much about that part of their new policy lol. But I guess it would at least annoy people. But yea, you're right. It doesn't have to infallible. It just has to slow them down by a few seconds to give human beings a normal chance.

The very last part of your post is what makes me not care much about that part of their new policy lol. But I guess it would at least annoy people. But yea, you're right. It doesn't have to infallible. It just has to slow them down by a few seconds to give human beings a normal chance.

Well, let's do a little scenario:

Let's say I use my bot, or pay to use a bot and get in... let's say I get within 1 second of the tweet. No human can reply to a tweet in under 4-5 seconds minimum when viewing it, processing it and typing or copy/pasting the hashtag in... and I'm talking about from the time the tweet is sent from Nike, not how long it takes to respond once it becomes visible.

If Nike can clearly tell that a slew came in through automated means, they can just not give you a pair and then blacklist you. What do you do then? Do you get a new twitter account and try again through the bot? What if it is a bot you had 100% success with before and was your go-to method? People will start looking elsewhere? Will bots lose their luster for some people? While clearly it won't be hard to use another account, and if you have a fairly common name you're probably safe from being rooted out of future RSVPs, it certainly could cause a small percentage of people problems. So while the policy doesn't spell the end of RSVP for any one person, it certainly could become a bigger pain for people and cause them to reconsider or just stop RSVP'ing altogether.

I wish Nike would of "NOT" told anyone of the change...  This would of gave the little man a chance for once and screwed everyone else that uses an RSVP bot or company.  Instead it only gave people a chance to make changes to their coding and still screw the rest of us! 

You guys do realize a computer would still calculate this much faster than a human. Its more about finding a way to make the program run into variables that it was not designed to handle or causes confusion during parsing. A tweet is a predefined format/api call, so the app knows what to expect. The image is small, not much area to search against.

You guys do realize a computer would still calculate this much faster than a human. Its more about finding a way to make the program run into variables that it was not designed to handle or causes confusion during parsing. A tweet is a predefined format/api call, so the app knows what to expect. The image is small, not much area to search against.

We'll see about that. OCR certainly works well, but the combination of opening the link, analyzing the image, creating (correctly) the tag, and then replying for multiple users in a matter of seconds? We haven't seen how long it takes in an actual situation yet.

Well, let's do a little scenario:

Let's say I use my bot, or pay to use a bot and get in... let's say I get within 1 second of the tweet. No human can reply to a tweet in under 4-5 seconds minimum when viewing it, processing it and typing or copy/pasting the hashtag in... and I'm talking about from the time the tweet is sent from Nike, not how long it takes to respond once it becomes visible.

If Nike can clearly tell that a slew came in through automated means, they can just not give you a pair and then blacklist you. What do you do then? Do you get a new twitter account and try again through the bot? What if it is a bot you had 100% success with before and was your go-to method? People will start looking elsewhere? Will bots lose their luster for some people? While clearly it won't be hard to use another account, and if you have a fairly common name you're probably safe from being rooted out of future RSVPs, it certainly could cause a small percentage of people problems. So while the policy doesn't spell the end of RSVP for any one person, it certainly could become a bigger pain for people and cause them to reconsider or just stop RSVP'ing altogether.

I guess one thing they can do is literally ignore all DMs sent in, say, 3 seconds (or maybe 5, I dunno) or less. Because it'd be impossible for a human to DM that quickly from when they initially tweeted it.

Trust me. I'm not stupid or naive enough to think that this new system is uncrackable. It definitely is and probably will be soon enough. But what I do think is that varying handwritten notes and/or short video clips would be uncrackable.

Aint they banning actual names and not just twitter accounts? Thought so...

That's a good question. Banning actual names might be the better solution, no?

if they ignore them all up to a certain time the people who make the dumb bots would just set it to wait that amt of time i think

Back
Top Bottom