Nike's new RSVP process

Chronos just tweeted that he is close to a workaround so we'll see I guess

See, this is why I can't take him very seriously. He's been accepting $10 donations (all the people who are more likely to get their shoes), and saying it covers his operating costs. Virtual servers don't cost much at all, and given my occupation and that I've paid for hosting for my own sites and apps, as well as clients' sites and apps, not to mention hosted for others... there's no way he wasn't making some good cash over his operating costs.

Now he's going to push to circumvent this new system, when it is now in direct violation of Nike's policy, and could result in people (twitter names and real names) being banned from any future RSVPs? I'm not saying that these other guys won't figure out a workaround as well, but I can't take him seriously any longer. Either you're in it for the right reason and you proved your point and you at least put it on the backburner for the time being and see how all of this shakes out, or you're in it to make money with your $10 "donations" and push ahead in the name of profit.

He only takes your donation if you win. Besides, it's not required. Many members have won without donating. He's still doing something for free for everyone. At least he's not excluding or requiring donations/payments...

Also NikeDallas just tweeted they're doing the new system too.

Last edited:
See, this is why I can't take him very seriously. He's been accepting $10 donations (all the people who are more likely to get their shoes), and saying it covers his operating costs. Virtual servers don't cost much at all, and given my occupation and that I've paid for hosting for my own sites and apps, as well as clients' sites and apps, not to mention hosted for others... there's no way he wasn't making some good cash over his operating costs.

Now he's going to push to circumvent this new system, when it is now in direct violation of Nike's policy, and could result in people (twitter names and real names) being banned from any future RSVPs? I'm not saying that these other guys won't figure out a workaround as well, but I can't take him seriously any longer. Either you're in it for the right reason and you proved your point and you at least put it on the backburner for the time being and see how all of this shakes out, or you're in it to make money with your $10 "donations" and push ahead in the name of profit.
He never asked for money, the service is free.

I'm well aware you have the option, but the people who paid won. Some of us (myself included) who didn't pay, didn't win. Do the math. Hundreds if not thousands of pairs won at $10 a pop... dude probably banked some serious cash. This was supposedly an effort to make Nike step up. Well now they have and he's still trying to beat their new system, even after they have made a policy specifically against what they're doing. This isn't some saintly endeavor, that's all I'm pointing out.

I'm well aware you have the option, but the people who paid won. Some of us (myself included) who didn't pay, didn't win. Do the math. Hundreds if not thousands of pairs won at $10 a pop... dude probably banked some serious cash. This was supposedly an effort to make Nike step up. Well now they have and he's still trying to beat their new system, even after they have made a policy specifically against what they're doing. This isn't some saintly endeavor, that's all I'm pointing out.

Can't be mad at that though, what is he supposed to do? End his hustle? Let's be realistic, there will not be a foolproof system that Nike will implement for this RSVP thing, and there will be other dudes like Chronos who will come around to beat it. The only way this will end is if the hype disappeared and Nike doesn't have to resort to doing RSVPs.

I like that Nike is doing something to combat the crap that goes on with release. Next step for them will be to come up with a bot solution, but thats wishful thinking.

However, as they say, necessity is the mother of invention. I'm sure that somebody will figure out how to break the system. It may not be right away, but it will come.

Too bad it's already been rumored employees will give or sell hash words ahead of time...

Some will help but of course some will ask for a fee. Nothing we can do. It seems like online is our best option if your local Nike/FL Stores arr rigged or bot'ed.

Don't even get me stated on rigged Footlocker raffles...

lol where do you guys hear this stuff? I have a buddy that works at NTSF and they dont get any sort of advantage at all. If anything theyre at a disadvantage. The people that handle the RSVP are very strict, take it way too serious and actually hate on the employees.

Last edited:
lol where do you guys hear this stuff? I have a buddy that works at NTSF and they dont get any sort of advantage at all. If anything theyre at a disadvantage. The people that handle the RSVP are very strict, take it way too serious and actually hate on the employees.
I've tried to tell em lol

This is true. Niketown employees have it the worst

Well I think they hate me haven't got though since the first 11 release. I got though for the cool greys the week before, then the 11's. I remember him saying something like "wow you got though again". Haven't got a damn thing on RSVP since

Last edited:

Maybe your buddy is misleading you. An ex-ntsf employee gave me information relating to GRapeApe's Dallas info. Corruption trickles down from the top.

Maybe your buddy is misleading you. An ex-ntsf employee gave me information relating to GRapeApe's Dallas info. Corruption trickles down from the top.

RSVP's and in store raffles for employees are rigged. It always seems to be the same people winning.

This new systems of rsvping should be interesting. But Im with most nters, it might not last ah minute before someones figures out a way to bypass it.

Bu in any case Imma get my practice on with the foams and kobe's.

RSVP's and in store raffles for employees are rigged. It always seems to be the same people winning.
this is true, but there are usually a few random lucky ppl who win, they dont give the whole stock to employees/employee friends

can someone drop some info on this add to cart bot you guys are mentioning?

idk about you guys but i dont mind paying 20$ for a guaranteed sneaker. i hope they find away around this new system befor the viii drop.

Yeah, it wasn't a very well kept secret for anyone who follows sneakers. Everyone knew what's been going on, and really... how much effort did it take on Nike's part to write up a 2 or 3 sentence policy, and make a set of images for every store's releases? This is definitely a step in the right direction. It will be interesting to see if these snipers rebound or in some cases have their custies' bot winners tossed out altogether. It'd be interesting to see what the NT employees are looking at on their end with bots vs actual users. There has to be a gap between the bot replies and the first human DM.

How can Nike tell how fast a human can send a DM... I can see how 1-2secs are suspect. But you can delay the bot a few secs to make it seem like it's coming from an actual human.

Sniper sites just need to pay a nt employee to get the hash tag ahead of time. They can just calibrate the response time to be slightly faster than human speed. Pretty easy to figure that out.
This might give some super fast people a slight chance but if the hash tag can be obtained early its game over.

the RSVP bot seems a lot easier to stop than the TLO bot.   They need to find a good way to stop the TLO bot asap

LOL at banked some cash.  No, Memphis and his $30-$60 RSVP's banked some cash.  Hundreds, if not thousands paying the $10 donation and getting their pair....hahahahah ok, that happened.  $10 is freakin shipping if you get lucky and get through FNL on release day.  Just shut up about his service because you didn't win.  You still tricked an NTer into giving you a pair of 13's for retail somehow.  It's not like you've ever provided anything to help this community.  I've never seen a helpful post from you.  All you do is clutter this thing with your *****ing.

And you randoms thinking you were some prophets that "predicted" Nike would do this....are you seriously thinking that you were the only ones posting this?  People have been saying it for months, and it isn't really something you have to post to have thought of...it's obvious.  And the creators weren't saying they wouldn't do this.  They said bring it on, we already have updates going to combat whatever they're going to put into place.  Well I was the first one to post on here after the new rules that the most important thing was the actual rule banning people from the RSVPs/NT's if suspected of using the automated programs.  But since you posted here eventually, when something comes of that, I am sure you will try to remind us you were first to say something about it hahaha. 

And no, just because Nike is a huge company does not mean when they implement one thing it goes company wide immediately, but you responded up there like that guy was an idiot for asking.  NT Portland was the only store using the automated DM procedure forever, and now Seattle has started it...but it isn't company wide. 

Chronos not only did get plenty of members pairs for free, but whatever cash he was receiving from the $10 donations is nothing compared to what the few who donated (NOT YOU) would have had to pay to get them for retail online or from a reseller.  And I'm sure you'll have two or three responses, just to this post, fulla BS to try and take every statement I said, miss the actual point of the statement, and harp on something that only you believe because you deal with the subject in one of your apparent 500 jobs.  So have a good time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom