@nikestore tweeter bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats considered fast enough to do some damage on ndc?

Verizon Fios is fast enough, but not offered across the country yet, the faster the Internet the better, you can pay extra a month for faster Internet if you speak to your provider... but it's more than just fast Internet. It's common sense, and unfortunately most people are just lazy and stupid and need handouts from other people. I look out for me and mine, and people that look out for me.

I'm honestly considering not even posting info anymore, just sharing via PM considering how niketalk has been lately. Once your here long enough u get a general feel for who is a good dude and who's not... unfortunelty NT has been on the downward spiral lately, at least it seems to be getting progressively worse.

and i tried downloadin that bot on the last page and of course couldnt do it.. damn zip files and torrent style websites confuse the hell outta me,

Are you guys kidding me?

Nike not doing anything to orders....their shareholders are happy as hell that this is even a problem. You think nike cares? lmaoo all they care about is the money you spending and how they can get you to spend more of it.

At the end of the day the shoes are being purchased you think they care about how its being done? Lets see spend money and resources on trying to fight a problem which isnt really even a problem to them or just say a few words to shut up the cry babies and keep it moving.

You think a company thats making billions over billions every year gives two ***** about it being unfair to buy a pair of shoes? really? think about it

Nike cancelling thousands of orders due to suspected bot activity is laughable. But I do see them cancelling a few orders for PR purposes. 

Nike cancelling thousands of orders due to suspected bot activity is laughable. But I do see them cancelling a few orders for PR purposes. 

I'm willing to bet its for multiple orders of really limited shoes too. No way a human can cop 2 pairs of denims, hazenuts etc on their own, especially when someone people who claim they struck out WITH a bot. just what i think though but i cant see them canceling orders left and right for people who they THINK have bots and only get one pair.

IT Guy here....here's some tips to get you shoes:

- fast internet (duh)

- VPN...connect to a server in the same city/state as the NDC servers so the pings will be real low and you will get your shoes instantly

- use a script/application where you have "hearbeats" sent to the servers and not just a refresh of say 1sec.  by having a heartbeat, your connection is constant and you won't have to rely on the 1sec "refresh" NDC page.  **think of an iphone app such as facebook, where you get notifications instantly as someone "likes" your posts.

- make sure your script/app autofills or --> all necessary fields (shipping info, ccinfo, and shoe size...make sure it handles an "IF" statement incase say a sz9 is sold out, you have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th option for yourself or cousins/friends/etc)

***the bots that I see on youtube or on some sites DO NOT have these features.  

- use a script/application where you have "hearbeats" sent to the servers and not just a refresh of say 1sec.  by having a heartbeat, your connection is constant and you won't have to rely on the 1sec "refresh" NDC page.  **think of an iphone app such as facebook, where you get notifications instantly as someone "likes" your posts.
What's the 1sec "refresh" NDC page? I thought it's Twitter that's constantly refreshed while waiting for the link to NDC. Either way, what advantage does this offer?
- make sure your script/app autofills or --> all necessary fields (shipping info, ccinfo, and shoe size...make sure it handles an "IF" statement incase say a sz9 is sold out, you have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th option for yourself or cousins/friends/etc)
I'm under the impression that once you're in checkout (not in line, but actually inputting your payment info, address, etc) you're in the clear. No?

Verizon Fios is fast enough, but not offered across the country yet, the faster the Internet the better, you can pay extra a month for faster Internet if you speak to your provider... but it's more than just fast Internet. It's common sense, and unfortunately most people are just lazy and stupid and need handouts from other people. I look out for me and mine, and people that look out for me.

I'm honestly considering not even posting info anymore, just sharing via PM considering how niketalk has been lately. Once your here long enough u get a general feel for who is a good dude and who's not... unfortunelty NT has been on the downward spiral lately, at least it seems to be getting progressively worse.

Tried that sharing via pm... And look how it some how made it to this thread.

What's the 1sec "refresh" NDC page? I thought it's Twitter that's constantly refreshed while waiting for the link to NDC. Either way, what advantage does this offer?

I'm under the impression that once you're in checkout (not in line, but actually inputting your payment info, address, etc) you're in the clear. No?

Once the shoe is in your cart your in the clear. He means for other sites, not NDC.

Tried that sharing via pm... And look how it some how made it to this thread.

Tried sharing what?

Last edited:

Hi Honda - sorry i wasn't too detailed.  usually when you send a "request" for a page, you either get a "cached" page or a true real-time page....by securing a VPN connection and having heartbeats sent to the NDC page while you have a script/app going on Twitter, when clicking the link...you will get an INSTANT page to NDC since the connection has been "live" and constant, and not an actual request. not sure if you can understand this but think of a stream going on live, you are hopping on that live stream instead of making a request, then a buffer...then stream.

as for the checkout - i've seen cases where even if you're in checkout and you manually input your info ....peeps have failed.

Hi Honda - sorry i wasn't too detailed.  usually when you send a "request" for a page, you either get a "cached" page or a true real-time page....by securing a VPN connection and having heartbeats sent to the NDC page while you have a script/app going on Twitter, when clicking the link...you will get an INSTANT page to NDC since the connection has been "live" and constant, and not an actual request. not sure if you can understand this but think of a stream going on live, you are hopping on that live stream instead of making a request, then a buffer...then stream.

as for the checkout - i've seen cases where even if you're in checkout and you manually input your info ....peeps have failed.
It does. I'm a web developer. "Heartbeats" isn't in my vernacular, but I'm guessing you mean a persistent HTTP connection. I suppose it would be more advantageous, but at the cost of further exposing your bot to Nike given the added speed of the bot compared to others.

Last edited:
It does. I'm a web developer. "Heartbeats" isn't in my vernacular, but I'm guessing you mean a persistent HTTP connection. I suppose it would be more advantageous, but at the cost of further exposing your bot to Nike given the added speed of the bot compared to others.
OK tech guys let me ask you this. How in the world could nike tell if you were using a script bot or not? Im sure most people have no clue what a VPN is and probably don't wanna jump through any more hoops to get kicks. Not to mention figure out where their servers are located, my guess would be Oregon. I miss the days where you could walk into Champs or ***** Sporting goods and grab a pair of kicks. 

OK tech guys let me ask you this. How in the world could nike tell if you were using a script bot or not? Im sure most people have no clue what a VPN is and probably don't wanna jump through any more hoops to get kicks. Not to mention figure out where their servers are located, my guess would be Oregon. I miss the days where you could walk into Champs or ***** Sporting goods and grab a pair of kicks. 
Can NDC see the request...sure.  Is there anything suspicious that would flag mt request vs others...NO.  Does Nike care.....I'm sure they do. But once they clean this up or have an alternative way to purchase online, there will be a "hack" for IT/Tech peeps.

I wouldn't answer with a definite "no". There are things Nike can track on the front end that could indicate automation.

1) They can track the amount of time between the document DOM load and when the add to cart button is pressed. Bots add to cart within microseconds. Not hard to defeat though.

2) They can also track events that normal users would do, like size button obviously needs to be clicked prior to getting the list of sizes. Bots usually just assign the variable directly. Again, this isn't hard to defeat. 

Kind of ironic, they created the twitter race game, but when people find a way to win they take measures to combat it. Field was never level in the first place because every one doesn't have access to super fast internet. I am glad they are stopping people from getting multiple pairs though. Most people are struggling to get 1 pair. People need to stop supporting the resellers because all that does is give Nike a reason to justify price increases.

while i don't think we should be using bots to cop shoes as it is a bit ridiculous, its like everything else in life. survival of the fittest, the people who are devoting resources and making use of skills are the ones succeeding, i'm not salty about it since i've had good luck and if i can't buy a shoe its more money in my pocket but i think the complaining about it is ridiculous. if you really want a pair of shoes that bad, you need to work for it in this day. Its completely ridiculous but thats what its come down to and there will be no avoiding it.

think of it like this....say you want to score some concert tickets:

- walk to ticketmaster

- ride a bus to a box office

- get on a car and beat everyone there

that's how it is w/the internet now.  He who is the fastest and smartest gets the goods.  If you want another analogy.....using concerts again:

- you can wait til release date for tix

- you can sign up for presale via american express cards or visa/mastercard

- or you can be part of his/her fanclub and get the exclusive first 500 seats before presale is out

IT Guy here....here's some tips to get you shoes:

- fast internet (duh)

- VPN...connect to a server in the same city/state as the NDC servers so the pings will be real low and you will get your shoes instantly

***the bots that I see on youtube or on some sites DO NOT have these features.  
Finally someone who gets it. There is another level to this game that people are not willing or don't understand how to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom