Niketalk/DimondJ15 appreciation thread!

Been a member on NT since 2001 and have seen its ups and downs. I'm not too big on the whole sneaker thing anymore since I don't have as much funds (in graduate school) or the time to be on NT as much (once again in graduate school), but I still do come on Niketalk daily. I moved on from sneakers to mainly visiting NT for the Stay in Shape thread, the NFL week in review, Roshe thread, Kobe VIII thread, and all the of the general and S&T threads.

Seeing all the negativity of the Secret Santa post (which I was a part of for 2 years now) and the increase in resellers and everyone out for themselves, I've still met a good amount of people because of this board, although not so much lately. Recently I posed in the Nike NFL clothing thread http://niketalk.com/t/332565/2012-n...ear-jerseys-april-3-launch/1740#post_16734912 asking if anyone could help me locate a certain Texans beanie (I don't care what NT thinks of the Texans, that's my city, that's my team, go somewhere else with that trash talk as we beat the Bengals this weekend.) I knew the beanie was about $20 but I just never bought it and 2 days after I saw it on eastbay it was sold out EVERYWHERE online except for ebay, which it is still going for over $50 shipped which I thought was absurd.

I asked thinking that someone could help me find one online, or help me by buying it and shipping it in which I would pay them back, but knowing how NT is now a days (reselling, everyone out for themselves) I didn't think much of it. Then I received a PM from DimondJ15 asking if I still wanted one and he had one more left at his workplace so I jumped at the opportunity and asked him how much shipped, but then he just responded, don't worry, just give me an address and we'll get everything settled first.

Fast forward to today, I get the beanie and I hit him up saying thanks and how much/where can I send a payment to. He responds:
No problem man. Just glad I could help a fellow NT'er. Blame it on the Christmas spirit. haha

It may not seem much to everyone on NT seeing this, but this just shows why I am still an active member and why I still visit NT still after 11 years even though I'm not heavy into the sneaker scene anymore. This is how the community used to be, helping each other out, looking out for one another, but I understand, as sites/forums get bigger, you end up losing the whole community aspect of things.

Again, this thread isn't to brag etc. It's an appreciation to NT and DiamondJ15 showing how the community used to be and still is in a sense.

Here it is, don't mine the stuffed animal, closet thing I had to me at the moment LOL.

View media item 199651
By the way, Jasper, if you see this, I still got your address from the box, you got good karma coming your way, may not be soon, but it'll come, I'll return the favor one day and hopefully surprise you.

Last edited:
Glad to see that the Christmas spirit is still alive in some NTers lol. :nthat:

I haven't been around here that long, aside from lurking, but I always like seeing people looking out for each other on here.

Thats dope. Resellers and hypebeasts are one thing...but deadbeat secret santa's are filth.

Good job...props to that NTer and you for making this thread to show love.

Glad to see that the Christmas spirit is still alive in some NTers lol. :nthat:
I haven't been around here that long, aside from lurking, but I always like seeing people looking out for each other on here.

Yep, exactly why I posted this

Niketalk fam  
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Most def a cool story bro.
Props to the NTers still down to help out......not u punk *** dudes tryin to get over.

Stuff like this makes me even more proud to be a member of this forum. Proof that there's still some good people out there.

Good to see there are still some good folks out there.....we need more threads like this instead of the "NTer scammed me again!!!!!" threads.

Back
Top Bottom