NikeTalk New Era Fitted Cap Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few friends of mine did something very similar with identical results..They distributed directly and saw an instant change in fraudulent claims.. 

I could only imagine the rigmarole you been put thru Methodical Management

Well I was very tardy to the party, still learning how to navigate thru the forum however I would have loved to support the cause.

If a hat becomes available for purchase this late in the junction...I most certainly would purchase from the source directly to support the cause..

JUST GOT THE TIME TO GO BACK IN THIS THREAD. MY MIND IS BLOWN AT THE CHARGEBACK SCAMS. ONE OF THE REASONS I RARELY SELL GOODS OVER THE NET NOW.

You gotta be a special kind of scumbag to file for a chargeback on hat for charity. 
mean.gif

Chargeback scam is turrible.

Can't blame guests and resellers exclusively tho. Members on here are equally capable of this evil and I know it first hand.

I dont understand how dudes can chargeback tho, ive never done one so i dont know how it works.

but if the company has proof of it being delivered, how can they lose?

im lost :lol:

I dont understand how dudes can chargeback tho, ive never done one so i dont know how it works.

im lost
laugh.gif
They can fight it, and it's my understanding that they are, but it's a long and frustrating process.  I'm told that they're STILL dealing with the post office over various non-delivery claims.  

Obviously we're nearing four months out from launch and the donation is WAY overdue.  Personally, I just want to get as much out NOW as we can and then issue a follow-up if necessary when the pending investigations have completed, but you can understand why Cap City would want to close everything out at once.  

Suffice it to say, I don't think we'll be doing this again.

Snapbacks as a promotion, maybe.  Individual fitted cap sales through Cap City?  Between all the obnoxious calls they received, the complaints about the online launch, and all the chargeback scams, it's safe to say they're in no hurry to ever subject themselves to this again.  

I mean, i have no idea what happened with the delivery because idk if some of you recall mine and some others took a few weeks to arrive which was not normal. Mine eventually came after almost 3 weeks.

Its obviously not Cap City's fault, they shipped em. Im thinking the post office in their city is to blame with the issues.

Wow I cant believe people would do that chargeback scam stuff. :smh: I never wanted a hat, and I'm happy that you guys redid them as many people like them, but with the mess this has caused everyone involved I would be glad to help donate some money and help make up for the clowns so we can resolve this and restore your and NT's reputation.

Methodical Management Methodical Management just let me know if this is possible. We an still reach the set goal, get the full donation to the charity, and end the tomfoolery...and I'm sure many other people who love NT as much as me would be glad to do the same aswell.

Last edited:
The one time I was around to finally get something and I miss out. And it's never happening again.... Can't even blame the admins.

I had a situation around 05 where I ordered some clothes online. Tracking said out was delivered but I never got it. Contacted the clothing company then maybe a week lately postal inspector came to my house to ask me questions. Then I got my refund. I never thought to call my bank. I still think it was my neighbor who stole the package.

im lost
laugh.gif
They can fight it, and it's my understanding that they are, but it's a long and frustrating process.  I'm told that they're STILL dealing with the post office over various non-delivery claims.  

Obviously we're nearing four months out from launch and the donation is WAY overdue.  Personally, I just want to get as much out NOW as we can and then issue a follow-up if necessary when the pending investigations have completed, but you can understand why Cap City would want to close everything out at once.  

Suffice it to say, I don't think we'll be doing this again.

Snapbacks as a promotion, maybe.  Individual fitted cap sales through Cap City?  Between all the obnoxious calls they received, the complaints about the online launch, and all the chargeback scams, it's safe to say they're in no hurry to ever subject themselves to this again.  
And this is why we can't have nice things.
mean.gif

It sucks, but I understand why.

At least I was fortunate to get a hat this go-round.

I hope those chargebackers burn in hell. Ruining future NT product from the masses.

Methodical Management Methodical Management Anyway I can get an NT logo so I can make a patch to put on my motorcycle vest? Want to rep when I ride, but I understand if this is not allowed.

I hope those chargebackers burn in hell. Ruining future NT product from the masses.

Methodical Management Methodical Management Anyway I can get an NT logo so I can make a patch to put on my motorcycle vest? Want to rep when I ride, but I understand if this is not allowed.

I think, maybe im wrong if you really wanted to you could make your own. i dont think its copyrighted

We don't know if the chargebacks came from our community though, when we been asking for this to just be available to NT so I don't see why we would have to suffer for it

We don't know if the chargebacks came from our community though, when we been asking for this to just be available to NT so I don't see why we would have to suffer for it

Interesting point, but I can't see how it could have been an NT exclusive without it being super labor intensive.

Interesting point, but I can't see how it could have been an NT exclusive without it being super labor intensive.
Exactly.  How do you propose we enforce that?  You can't log in to NT on Cap City's website.  There's no API for that.  We're not Facebook. 

Whoever attempted the chargebacks, and there were a lot of them, the bottom line is that between the fraud, the calls, and the complaints, Cap City never wants to sell these again.  That means we'd either need a new e-commerce partner or go the snapback route and give what few we make away via contests and to major contributors to our group fundraisers.  

As for the "why should we suffer" mentality: 

Bad things happen in life, and they don't have to be "fair."  It's how we respond that defines us.  We developed this release as a fundraiser, with the proceeds to benefit the Equal Justice Initiative.  They just saved another innocent person from death row in Alabama.  By now, we've all heard about the murder of an unarmed Black man by a police officer in South Carolina.  With work that is quite literally a matter of life and death, patience can no longer be seen as virtuous.  

The Cap City delays aren't under our control.  Postal investigations can be an agonizing process.  There are, however, some things we can control, and we're going to make sure that they receive our support now.

We have a bit of discretionary flexibility in the budget and I've discussed the issue with one of our key sponsors.  There will be some news on this front soon.  

I'm proud to be associated with those of you who offered to assist us in making up for any donations lost due to fraud.  

Anyone interested in contributing to the EJI is encouraged to do so, and you'll find contribution options available here on their website:  https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/eji  

Please note that online contributions incur a 3% processing fee.  

Until the investigation process has completed, we won't know what type of shortfall we're facing on the Cap City contribution, so I can't at this point give you a dollar amount and say "this is the hurdle, let's clear it."  

When all is said and done, we're going to pull together as a community and make this right.  

My point was our NT community has to suffer because of a incident that was open to the general population when nobody can confirm specifics

Your point is welp life isn't fair

Um ok .. that's cool I guess

I'll just wait for more charity opportunities in other forms

My point was our NT community has to suffer because of a incident that was open to the general population when nobody can confirm specifics

Your point is welp life isn't fair

Um ok .. that's cool I guess

I'll just wait for more charity opportunities in other forms
You're arguing that we should've somehow required NT membership to purchase the cap.  

First of all, that's not technically possible.  You can't just sign in to NikeTalk while on Cap City.  That would require an API we don't have and additional coding on Cap City's site for a single release.  

Second, it's not much of a barrier.  Anyone can create an account here within a matter of minutes.  At that point, you're resorting to some arbitrary qualifications to decide who's a "real" member.  How many posts?  How many months?  No love for lurkers?  It's silly, not to mention that, again, this would be even more implausible from a technical standpoint.  

Finally, with the sheer number of chargeback incidents that Cap City is reporting, I don't see how we can definitively rule out ALL NikeTalk members and exclusively blame "outsiders."  That's pure speculation.

So, in essence, we're being faulted for our failure to impose a purchase requirement that is impossible, unfair, and unlikely to actually prevent the incidence of fraud.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom