NikeTalk New Era Fitted Cap Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy owns a screen printing shop and I was inquiring how difficult/what would go into a run of hats like this and he said this is cake work and could probably have it arranged in under a few weeks, not sure I understand the delay either.

My buddy owns a screen printing shop and I was inquiring how difficult/what would go into a run of hats like this and he said this is cake work and could probably have it arranged in under a few weeks, not sure I understand the delay either.
If we were interested in just getting a bunch of pre-made hats and having them custom embroidered, that would be a very simple and straightforward task.  Instead, we'd been working directly with Mitchell & Ness.  I don't know if you follow that company very closely, but they've had a lot of other things to deal with this year - like the sale of the company.

We'd hoped to make the black/red NT M&N snapback and fitted available this year, but that seems highly unlikely right now.

Fortunately, we are not without foresight and had a very solid "Plan B" to fall back on.  It is not the Black/Red M&N hat, but it is a product we've received a great many requests for - and we're working on a way to inhibit resale and make sure that as many as possible wind up in the hands of our fellow community members. 

We'll have more to share in time, including a complete look at the finished product, but I'd rather not repeat the mistake of showing too much before we're able to speak definitively about release information. 

If we were interested in just getting a bunch of pre-made hats and having them custom embroidered, that would be a very simple and straightforward task.  Instead, we'd been working directly with Mitchell & Ness...

I'm not sure I understand exactly what the hats are then. I was under the impression they were embroidered NT hats on whichever model you chose.. can you elaborate on what is different?

I wasn't trying to discount your work whatsoever. A lot of us are just eager and have been in the dark. Thanks for the update :smokin

dad hats are lame as hell

they'll be outta style before the nt hats are available

I agree with you, but I was just trying to come up with an answer as to what they are creating..

I've seen a lot of folks ask for that and a beanie.

I wasn't trying to discount your work whatsoever. A lot of us are just eager and have been in the dark. Thanks for the update
smokin.gif
In sneaker terms, it's the difference between having your own PE or colorway officially produced by the manufacturer rather than taking a pre-made retail product in an existing colorway and just having them stitch in your initials after the fact.  We're not just buying a stock hat in a preset color scheme, we're having hats custom made by the manufacturer to our specs, from color scheme to material selection.  That's a more involved process.

There are also retail logistics involved.  So, again, ordering a dozen blank caps and having someone embroider them for a company softball team is a very easy project.  Having a major manufacturer (like M&N) or specialty store (like Cap City) produce and sell your product on their website and/or brick and mortar retail environment is a different undertaking.  You're more dependent on those other parties.

With M&N, we went through a couple of design iterations and wound up with a product we loved.  (You can see the difference between the prototype and approved products reflected in the  [thread="644351"]Niketalk Live 2016 Charity Auction​[/thread]  .)  Unfortunately, it has yet to come together as a mass-produced product to be offered online or at retail.  We would still very much love for that to happen, but it just has not worked out yet. 

In the meantime, we will have something else available to share by the end of the year.

I think it's snap back and fitted

Dad hat won't sell out regardless if it's instyle or not

And by meth post it's clear it was just SnapBack and fitted

So glad I got mine from the auction and helped towards a great cause as well [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

I still got my 7 1/4 joint somewhere in storage...

gotta look for it

Cameron Nelson will complete his Saturn project car and Dr.Dre's Detox album will be RIAA certified x3 platinum before this hat releases. Anybody tryna place bets with the young God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom