NikeTalk New Era Fitted Cap Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need for fake NT gear, the real stuff is on the way.  In fact, production has already been completed. 

As stated earlier, we'll have an announcement before the end of the year.  It's not the M&N caps we showed earlier, but I hope you'll appreciate the effort all the same.  I look forward to sharing the finished product and release information with those interested next month.

Until then, we appreciate your patience and interest in representing the community. 

:wow:

tumblr_n0vpqykCh81rpr1iko1_500.gif

Hope the apparel is better than the last shirts that were sold. I got a 2x and it fits like a 4x, and I washed my black "NT Knows" once and the screen print started cracking heavy. :lol: But I'm getting a hat this go round, 3rd times the charm, right?

Hope the apparel is better than the last shirts that were sold. I got a 2x and it fits like a 4x, and I washed my black "NT Knows" once and the screen print started cracking heavy. :lol: But I'm getting a hat this go round, 3rd times the charm, right?

tall tees :lol:

What are the chances of an NT hoodie? Id wear a hoodie more than a hat or shirt.

Already have a few NT shirts. 
nerd.gif
 No hat though. 

I know you just prob want to produce hats first then most likely t shirts for everyone that doesn't have them and wants them. 

Im guessing hoodies would also be the most expensive to produce, then if you were to produce too many, then have them sit? 

Didn't one of the OG batch of shirts sit for a while, or just had extra stock laying around. 

I was one of the few people that got a couple shirts from the member who was running the T-shirt site just a few years ago. Took a while for him to respond and ship them out but I wasn't complaining 
laugh.gif

nthat.gif

Last edited:
Yesss..been waiting patiently...hope yall make a good bit if not it's gonna be a bloody mess 4 one.

What are the chances of an NT hoodie? Id wear a hoodie more than a hat or shirt.

Already have a few NT shirts. 
nerd.gif
 No hat though. 

I know you just prob want to produce hats first then most likely t shirts for everyone that doesn't have them and wants them. 

Im guessing hoodies would also be the most expensive to produce, then if you were to produce too many, then have them sit? 

Didn't one of the OG batch of shirts sit for a while, or just had extra stock laying around. 

I was one of the few people that got a couple shirts from the member who was running the T-shirt site just a few years ago. Took a while for him to respond and ship them out but I wasn't complaining 
laugh.gif

nthat.gif

We're not planning a hoodie at this time, for the reasons you've mentioned.  The last time we gambled on demand for NT apparel items, besides the hats, was with NT-Shirts.  

Despite dozens - and I don't think it's even a stretch to say over a hundred - requests from different members who wanted t-shirts, the demand for the end product fell way short of the initial order.  In fact, I'm not entirely sure Steez, the user who selflessly took on the project, ever broke even on those.  Some say there are a couple of boxes still out there somewhere... in all their "baggy fit era" glory.  

Due to the disappointing sales of the original shirt, we moved to a preorder-only model for all subsequent shirts.  That was in maybe '08, '09, well before Kickstarter.  People didn't want to prepurchase a product over 30 days in advance at that time.  Order quantities were small and the low volume made things inefficient.  I believe Rajah and Steez wound up going with a different print shop for t-shirts after the first one (which had the highest quality), in part because of the volume issue.

If only 10 people want something like that, you're likely stuck doing an order from one of those one-off custom screen printing companies online and the quality is substandard.  We'd rather not do that.

The caps are something that people have consistently demonstrated interest in, so that's the primary focus for us.  We know they'll make people happy and, at the same time, can help us do a little good, too. 

Anything in a different category, at this point, is something we'd need to establish demand for and work up to.  The demand just hasn't been there thus far. 

I wanna be excited for some NT hats/gear, but I'm sure it'll be extremely limited and I'll miss out..:smh: :nthat:

I'm kinda hoping for a pre-order, actually. That way the people who really want the gear can have a decent chance at it and NT gets their money without any chargeback issues and all of that. It was sad what happened last time. 

Yesss..been waiting patiently...hope yall make a good bit if not it's gonna be a bloody mess 4 one.

As many remember, after the issues with the previous release Cap City decided this was not a product they can sell anymore.  It was hard on the website with the traffic spikes crashing the site, hard on the staff due to all the calls, and then there was all the chargeback fraud that really hurt it as a fundraiser.

With that avenue now closed to us, we will have to do something different this time - and while quantities will be limited - it's important to us to make sure that they wind up in the hands of loyal NikeTalk community members and not resellers (or frauds.) 

We'll get into the logistical particulars in December when it's time to share the product and release information, but I do want to make sure everyone's expectations are reasonable.  Without Cap City or M&N, we're looking at a slightly smaller scale than previous releases - but that doesn't mean it's a lost cause.  Unlike previous "first come, first served" online launches, we're working to make sure dedicated fans will have an advantage for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom