Perfect Dark
Og Smash Bros
OG Mario Party

This slander has gotta stop.
Donkey Kong 64
Pokémon Stadium
Pokémon Snap
Conker’s Bad Fur Day

Yeah this N64 slander is wild to me. And people say Nintendo has sucked, but their numbers haven’t. Plus we know they’ve dominated the handhelds as well.

If there’s one thing about ANY Nintendo gaming platform, it’s that they always deliver enjoyable games. They always take their time to make quality, even if it’s pushing things back.

Shout to all the Dreamcast love. First console to be better than the arcade and affordable(Neo Geo was tripping)

Gonna start Link's Awakening tonight. Never played the OG as a kid so I'm excited. I prefer Link to the Past style Zelda games over the modern ones.

Gonna start Link's Awakening tonight. Never played the OG as a kid so I'm excited. I prefer Link to the Past style Zelda games over the modern ones.

I never played the original either, enjoying the hell out of it.

When I’m done I’m going to play Link to the Past, never played that either.

I mean, in comparison to the competition, they have sucked since the N64.

This is a pretty asinine statement to make.

The wii, love it or hate it, served its purpose and sold 101 million units worldwide.

My opinion, but The Nintendo Switch has single handedly helped me fall back in love with gaming. Years of playing PS3 and Xbox One games wasn’t cutting it anymore for me and picking up the switch in January has been really refreshing.

The Switch is selling units, releasing very good exclusives and is competing tremendously with Microsoft and Sony. This is all after releasing a dead console such as the WiiU

I never played the original either, enjoying the hell out of it.

When I’m done I’m going to play Link to the Past, never played that either.

Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game ever.
Loving Awakening so far. Stole the bow and arrow for the shop though and now I can't buy bombs from there and I need them so I don't know what I'm going to do now.

Yo I’m in London and my switch is in LA. If I buy a lite out here will I be able to sign in as if I’m on the same account like when you get a new iPhone? Or would I need my main switch here to do that. I want to buy a lite and Zelda.

Yo I’m in London and my switch is in LA. If I buy a lite out here will I be able to sign in as if I’m on the same account like when you get a new iPhone? Or would I need my main switch here to do that. I want to buy a lite and Zelda.

You can buy one n sign in. You would be able to download your games but I’m not sure about your saves

Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game ever.
Loving Awakening so far. Stole the bow and arrow for the shop though and now I can't buy bombs from there and I need them so I don't know what I'm going to do now.

I was trying to steal the bow and arrow but kept gettting caught lol

Nintendo has been a niche company since the N64, they gave up mainstream dominance for gamers and ever since post Gamecube they have pretty much been a company relies on gimmicks and first party games. If you love Nintendo games first and foremost then we're not going to see eye to eye on this subject.

I however, enjoy all types of games from all types developers, not just Nintendo, so owning just a Nintendo console during any given generation would have been extremely disappointing for me because I would have missed out on 70% of all other games, or have to play seriously watered doen versions of these games due to the crap hardware Nintendo always uses (excluding the GC).

For me, then N64 was a HUGE disappointment following the SNES, which to this day is still my favorite colsole (followed by the Playstation, then Dreamcast, then Xbox 360). The Playstation handily beats the N64 in pretty much every genre. For a niche console, the Saturn was far more appealing to me, and I didn't realize this any many years later (bought a Saturn well after it was dead but started importing games and tracking down the rarer domestic releases and RPGs).

To me, I look at Nintendo like I look at Apple. I hate how they both conduct business and are pretty much anti consumer. If you want a simple dumbed down console with less features and games than the competition at a higher price, then Nintendo is for you! Most other supplement their gaming diet with a side of Nintendo these days, they haven't been the main course in decades.

Nintendo has been a niche company since the N64, they gave up mainstream dominance for gamers and ever since post Gamecube they have pretty much been a company relies on gimmicks and first party games. If you love Nintendo games first and foremost then we're not going to see eye to eye on this subject.

I however, enjoy all types of games from all types developers, not just Nintendo, so owning just a Nintendo console during any given generation would have been extremely disappointing for me because I would have missed out on 70% of all other games, or have to play seriously watered doen versions of these games due to the crap hardware Nintendo always uses (excluding the GC).

For me, then N64 was a HUGE disappointment following the SNES, which to this day is still my favorite colsole (followed by the Playstation, then Dreamcast, then Xbox 360). The Playstation handily beats the N64 in pretty much every genre. For a niche console, the Saturn was far more appealing to me, and I didn't realize this any many years later (bought a Saturn well after it was dead but started importing games and tracking down the rarer domestic releases and RPGs).

To me, I look at Nintendo like I look at Apple. I hate how they both conduct business and are pretty much anti consumer. If you want a simple dumbed down console with less features and games than the competition at a higher price, then Nintendo is for you! Most other supplement their gaming diet with a side of Nintendo these days, they haven't been the main course in decades.
Okay I gotcha... during the N64 generation the Playstation was my main console but the N64 was my niche console... the N64 wasn't trash though... it served its purpose for me because it had some exclusives that the Playstation didn't have.... just as the PS4 right now is my main console and my Switch is my niche console

The N64 alone spawned more games that changed the field of gaming than all of Sony’s gaming catalog. Nintendo’s target audience in terms of the “hardcore” are those who know Nintendo is gonna release a game or 3 on each of their systems that show you what the peak of having fun and getting fully immersed into a video game is like at that perspective time.

I don't want to take away from Nintendo but sometimes people make it seem like if Nintendo didn't do something first, it would have never been done. Random but I play a variety of games and I almost never come away with the same thoughts as most fanboys. People will swear that BotW is a revolutionary masterpiece that changed the gaming as we once knew but in my opinion it's a decent open world game that is inferior to other open world games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption II etc.

Fo sho, and I still haven't played a Zelda game better than LttP. Honestly Nintendo is only over shadowed by themselves, they hit their peak with the SNES, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing because it's the GOAT, but it just makes me feel like Nintendo could always do better. Still, you can't really knock them as a business because they know how to make games profitable, but it sucks for me because I would like to see what Nintendo could DDT o with better hardware. I honestly wish they would just go 3rd party for consoles and stick to just portable hardware.

This is one of the most valid arguments I’ve ever seen on Niketalk. Very accurate comparisons with Apple and Nintendo. Funny I’m anti-Apple, but have been real happy with Nintendo since the Switch.

They’re really trying to gain 3rd Party and Indy support right now(Reminds me of the Gamecube days), problem is their hardware isn’t up to par for a lot of games to run properly. Kill La Kill IF, NBA 2K, Bloodstained, etc. all run at 30 FPS as opposed to 60 on the other ports.

That could also be on the companies just not knowing how to develop on the cartridge because DBFZ and a I think Witcher 3 run at full frame rate. Still a little but better graphics on other consoles, but doesn’t mess up your timing one bit.

Name 3 Saturn games better than Goldeneye, WWF No Mercy, and Legend of Zelda.....
An (afaik) arcade perfect port of Super streetfighter 2X (aka super turbo), xmen vs sf (although I prefer marvel vs sf, which is also on there) and while it doesn't have anything on there that's considered as iconic as the legend of zelda, having arcade ports of any worthwhile fighting game at the time plus nights and a few others....the Saturn was def a better system depending on preference of fighting games and RPGs than the 64. Easily.

Hard to argue with alpha 2, alpha 3, marvel super heroes, xmen children of the atom, xmen vs sf and marvel vs sf all having perfect arcade ports along with super turbo, virtual fighter 2, fighters megamix, etc. Long before any other system could handle perfect arcade ports of them.

N64 never having a street fighter game killed Nintendo for me early...

never looked back, and that was over 20 years ago.

Ppl sleeping on the Saturn's lineup but the only system rivaling it is the dreamcast as far as perfect arcade ports. For that reason alone Saturn should be rereleased. A lot of ppl missed out because if you didnt import you didnt play unless you spent money in the arcade.

At the time since it was so expensive I didnt get one until later. The psx was easily the choice for anyone that still wanted to play fighting games plus RPGs . you add crash and it was the successor to the SNES in many ppls eyes.

With that said, Mario 64 was amazing and so were Mario kart 64 and star fox 64...Nintendo had a short window where we all thought it would continue dominating but then the turn was ff7.

Yesterday I traded in DK Tropical Freeze for $30 to GS and copped Zelda Links Awakening. Then went to BB and copped Lego City Undercover for $9, it was on sale for$19 but I also still got BB GCU :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom