• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's how Nintendo improved to have their cake and eat it too.

The switch isn't a gimmick system like the Wii but it got gimmick accessories to accommodate gimmick games just to make even more money.
It’s hard to explain what you really mean on NT without writing an essay. I understand the Switch craze and I know a lot of people don’t care about power and in my opinion, mediocre ports. Handheld gaming isn’t for me so I’m not giving any passes for playing stuff on the go. I don’t want 30fps and anything less than 1080p. Even 1080p is low for me but I know better than to expect much from Nintendo. I’ll always rock with them because I know we’ll get a new Mario but i won’t cop new iterations of the Switch unless it’s a Switch 2 or something entirely new.

I feel bamboozled. Skyward sword is almost unplayable. First time ever playing this game. Was thinking it would be improved from the complaints I heard about.

this game is not fun. Even with the remaster, it should have been a $5 game on the NES network. Why the hell am I wasting my time swinging this sword around just to have it blocked 100 times if I don’t get the motion PERFECT? Why are bosses taking 50 hits to kill? How am I even supposed to know how many hits until the game moves forward?

love the classic Zelda dungeons and gadgets. But come on, this is honestly an awful game. The adventures of link on the original NES is more enjoyable than this garbage. I still have my wii. Can someone tell me why twilight princess graphics on my 2007 wii take a huge dump all over skyward sword graphics?

so pissed I spent real money on this trash.

I feel bamboozled. Skyward sword is almost unplayable. First time ever playing this game. Was thinking it would be improved from the complaints I heard about.

this game is not fun. Even with the remaster, it should have been a $5 game on the NES network. Why the hell am I wasting my time swinging this sword around just to have it blocked 100 times if I don’t get the motion PERFECT? Why are bosses taking 50 hits to kill? How am I even supposed to know how many hits until the game moves forward?

love the classic Zelda dungeons and gadgets. But come on, this is honestly an awful game. The adventures of link on the original NES is more enjoyable than this garbage. I still have my wii. Can someone tell me why twilight princess graphics on my 2007 wii take a huge dump all over skyward sword graphics?

Yikes

So you’re saying you don’t like it?

I was getting into it. Not like “oh this game is fire!” But I could ALMOST say it wasn’t all that bad and that maybe Nintendo fixed the issues most people had with it on the original release.
fighting anything in this game just makes me want to blow my brains out.

The thing about most Zelda games is they take things that are extremely difficult and make them fun, easy, and fluid. Like swinging a 500 lb ball and chain around and perfectly hitting that boss in the secret spot to kill him. Skyward sword takes things that are extremely easy in real life and makes them painstakingly difficult, like inserting the golden harvest key into a slot, or swinging a sword in a normal direction you intended.

I know you’re being facetious, yes I don’t like the game. It’s taken way too long to traverse NOT that much ground. I might give up.

personally I’ve had way more fun with it than I thought I would. I’ve been playing with the motion controls as well and definitely understand your frustration, there’s been moments where I’m ready to chuck my joy con right at my tv :lol: and I constantly have to reset the gyro. A lot of things were tough to get the hang of at first too like balancing yourself on a rope, and flying the bird during the race at the beginning of the game was hell. Even trying to do something as little as a skyward strike feels complicated af lmao.

but I won’t say the game is bad because of it, they give you the option to turn off the motion controls and i imagine it’s 100x better. Only reason I haven’t done that is because I get a weird satisfaction out of manually physically swinging my sword lol.

idk if you’ve gotten to the lizards on eden volcano yet who leave themselves open for specific directional swings, so many times I swear I’m swinging where they’re open and will get something else. I understand where you’re coming from for sure 😂

always. ALWAYS

Wii was trash - and Skyward Sword is trash. Just give me the soundtrack on vinyl and we good.

i loved the basic motion control feature in twilight princess. Basic. Simple. Works even when your swings aren’t perfect. Then I LOVED the precision of wii motion plus Resort. That was excellent. VERY responsive and fun. Table tennis mimicked real life pretty well.

I don’t know if the tech was too difficult to fine tune or too expensive to keep up, but the gimmick regressed pretty hard after that and never reached those standards. Games ain’t supposed to be that aggravating. I can try to balance a needle on my nose for 2 hours a day, just because it’s difficult and tedious, doesn’t make it fun.

SKYWARD SWORD IS TRASH

I almost bought this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just did a -22 with donkey Kong no star club set

Good work

hqdefault.jpg

*sees people trashing the new Skyward Sword HD port for its motion controls*

Then.........why don't you just turn it off and use the Pro Controller? 🤷‍♂️
The Switch is not the Wii, you don't have to FORCE YOURSELVES to swing your Joy-Con around if it is aggravating.

NOT USING the motion controls made my experience of Mario Galaxy so much better on the Switch over the Wii via 3D All-Stars.............quit killing yourselves out of principle to play Skyward Sword with the motion controls if you already hate it. JUST TURN IT OFF

*sees people trashing the new Skyward Sword HD port for its motion controls*

Then.........why don't you just turn it off and use the Pro Controller? 🤷‍♂️
The Switch is not the Wii, you don't have to FORCE YOURSELVES to swing your Joy-Con around if it is aggravating.

NOT USING the motion controls made my experience of Mario Galaxy so much better on the Switch over the Wii via 3D All-Stars.............quit killing yourselves out of principle to play Skyward Sword with the motion controls if you already hate it. JUST TURN IT OFF

but aren't the regular controls wacky as well?

Last edited:
don’t have the game but from probably 90% of reviews i’ve seen, the button controls are a worse experience than the motion controls

I almost bought this.

Thanks for the heads up.
1FBF03A0-06F5-4CE7-BAC9-5F8B6F13B12E.gif

don’t have the game but from probably 90% of reviews i’ve seen, the button controls are a worse experience than the motion controls

button controls are a different frustration. Yes you can control where you want things To go, but now it’s this clunky mess to maneuver. You can either swing your sword, or sprint, or move the camera around. You CANNOT do any of them at the same time using the button controls. So you either stop sprinting to move the camera, or stop attacking to move the camera.

I just don’t understand how Nintendo fumbled the bag so bad with this. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist or video game expert to experience the frustration this game causes. The story and puzzles and gadgets are all there. The Zelda/link lore. The wacky characters. But allowing gameplay to feel like it’s being played on one of these was a huge huge mistake and it’s a blatant cash grab to say that it was improved when it certainly was not.
9A2A6B0F-7FAE-46FA-A4CD-C9306E029F07.jpeg

1FBF03A0-06F5-4CE7-BAC9-5F8B6F13B12E.gif

button controls are a different frustration. Yes you can control where you want things To go, but now it’s this clunky mess to maneuver. You can either swing your sword, or sprint, or move the camera around. You CANNOT do any of them at the same time using the button controls. So you either stop sprinting to move the camera, or stop attacking to move the camera.

I just don’t understand how Nintendo fumbled the bag so bad with this. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist or video game expert to experience the frustration this game causes. The story and puzzles and gadgets are all there. The Zelda/link lore. The wacky characters. But allowing gameplay to feel like it’s being played on one of these was a huge huge mistake and it’s a blatant cash grab to say that it was improved when it certainly was not.
9A2A6B0F-7FAE-46FA-A4CD-C9306E029F07.jpeg
i get you don’t like the game but you mad like you funded that whole project yourself :lol:

Back
Top Bottom