• None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nintendo and Sony were almost partners

nintendo-playstation-01-640x487.jpg
Crazy how 20+ years later Nintendo is still running with cartridges. Gamecube and Wii were a step in the right direction, but here we are in 2021 playing games on glorified micro-usb carts.

I agree but Nintendo is still lacking heavily in the specs department. Not totally their fault since you can only do but so much on a handheld, but still they’re falling behind as a flagship console.

the PS5 isn’t gonna outsell the Switch in lifetime sales

hard to really knock them on anything when they’ve clearly won the generation

This is why Nintendo is in a sort of can't tell me nothing position.

Its why I previously mentioned competition that would make them innovate and improve a bit more cuz at least then it'd benefit us, the fans/consumer. Let Apple come out with their own switch with a good enough roster of new games and Nintendo would make some moves.

Without that, Nintendo will go at a snail's pace and will only do things when they want. I mean right now their apparently just sitting on the Metroid trilogy and who knows what else.

Had they had to fight for buyers like a few decades ago things would be different.

They do get their props for establishing their own market basically and having a loyal fanbase that will pretty much always buy their content. That's just their work paying off.

in the 8th gen? (PS4, Xbox One, Wii-U, Switch)

how do you figure?
PS4 won last gen by a landslide. sales, quality of first party games and 3rd party support. Also the only home console that supported VR. You’ve played resident evil 7 or Star Wars Squadrons in VR?? Amazing breathtaking experiences.

PS4 won last gen by a landslide. sales, quality of first party games and 3rd party support. Also the only home console that supported VR. You’ve played resident evil 7 or Star Wars Squadrons in VR?? Amazing breathtaking experiences.
i was just speaking in terms of sales i guess

Nintendo is gonna stomp all over PS4s lifetime sales by their seventh year (PS4s age the last time sales were reported)

not gonna take anything away from Sony bc the PS4 was full of quality like you said but the Switch is matching it if not exceeding what the PS4 did outside of VR imo

had a hard enough time with a standard run of RE7 ain’t no way i’m trying that in VR tho :lol:

Switch gonna "stomp" PS4 in lifetime sales? Isn't PS4 sitting at almost 120M? I could be very wrong but I see Switch dying off similar to Wii. Even if it doesn't, it's not going to "stomp" PS4.

*I'm not getting into any pissing contests over this stuff, just wanted to drop my .02 :lol:

Those same people copped Ring Fit and Animal Crossing :lol:
That's how Nintendo improved to have their cake and eat it too.

The switch isn't a gimmick system like the Wii but it got gimmick accessories to accommodate gimmick games just to make even more money.

Also remakes, ports, and collections are more popular than ever and Nintendo is sitting on a few as far as we know. How don't they extend the shelf life of the switch with these tactics?

Back
Top Bottom