• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What’s the new gimmick for Pokémon? I watched the trailer but didn’t see anything that stuck out. Game is ugly though :lol:

What’s the new gimmick for Pokémon? I watched the trailer but didn’t see anything that stuck out. Game is ugly though :lol:

****ing crystals 💎 lol .........that can also change a Pokemon's element type if that "Tera Pokemon" has a Tera crystal that is a different element type than the Pokemon itself

I could give a **** all about any new "power-up gimmick" in a New Pokemon Gen at this point..................unfortunately, it was what allows ****ing casuals to drop money for these games AND it works for that demographic (Dynamax and Gigantamax were a joke too)

I could give a **** all about any new "power-up gimmick" in a New Pokemon Gen at this point..................unfortunately, it was what allows ****ing casuals to drop money for these games AND it works for that demographic (Dynamax and Gigantamax were a joke too)
yeah but at least dynamax had spectacle and was fun to look at sometimes

they literally just threw a chandelier on fire types heads and called it a day

I believe I’m about to fight the last boss (maybe two bosses) in Xenoblade Chronicles. I’m glad I decided to try it out after not vibing with Xeno 2 because this game is great. It’s reminiscent of one of those classic PS2 JRPGs. It’s also my most played Switch game now (not counting Smash and MK) with about 56 hours so far.

Last edited:
I believe I’m about to fight the last boss (maybe two bosses) in Xenoblade Chronicles. I’m glad I decided to try it out after not vibing with Xeno 2 because this game is great. It’s reminiscent of one of those classic PS2 JRPGs. It’s also my most played Switch game now (not counting Smash and MK8) with about 56 hours so far.
you've been grinding?

you've been grinding?
I did for a few bosses. The game is pretty easy, imo, but there were a few bosses that smacked me around. The issue I have is not being able to control all my characters and relying on them to do what I need them to do. I didn’t do myself any favors by controlling Shulk the entire time. I should have learned how to play with others for sure.

I did for a few bosses. The game is pretty easy, imo, but there were a few bosses that smacked me around. The issue I have is not being able to control all my characters and relying on them to do what I need them to do. I didn’t do myself any favors by controlling Shulk the entire time. I should have learned how to play with others for sure.
it's difficult not to focus on Shulk mainly because he's your main guy. but in all honesty, using your side characters help a lot and I find their specials much better than Shulk's. there's a reason why it's arguably the best jrpg but one of the best. it does give me that Chrono Cross kind of vibe. for me though, FF7 is still the best of all time.

it's difficult not to focus on Shulk mainly because he's your main guy. but in all honesty, using your side characters help a lot and I find their specials much better than Shulk's. there's a reason why it's arguably the best jrpg but one of the best. it does give me that Chrono Cross kind of vibe. for me though, FF7 is still the best of all time.
Yea I’m always going to want to play with the main character unless it’s Vaan from Final Fantasy XII :lol:

When I get to Xeno 2, I’m going to try and branch out and utilize other party members.

Yea I’m always going to want to play with the main character unless it’s Vaan from Final Fantasy XII :lol:

When I get to Xeno 2, I’m going to try and branch out and utilize other party members.
haven't been able to finish XII eventhough I find it a great game. but maybe because I was relocating during that time period. I believe I was doing a sidequest on the Crystal Map looking for that optional boss there and couldn't remember which one. I think I was 1/4 or 1/3 of finishing the whole game. without the optional quests, I would have finished it undoubtedly but it was just fun for me maxing out my characters and finding some goodies.
Vaan is tolerable for me and prefer him much better than Zidane on FFIX. although I prefer both of them many times over FFX's Tidus.

haven't been able to finish XII eventhough I find it a great game. but maybe because I was relocating during that time period. I believe I was doing a sidequest on the Crystal Map looking for that optional boss there and couldn't remember which one. I think I was 1/4 or 1/3 of finishing the whole game. without the optional quests, I would have finished it undoubtedly but it was just fun for me maxing out my characters and finding some goodies.
Vaan is tolerable for me and prefer him much better than Zidane on FFIX. although I prefer both of them many times over FFX's Tidus.
That crystal map is a pain in the *** :lol:

Vaan is insufferable and serves no purpose to the game or the party. I read and also heard on a podcast that Vaan wasn’t in the original plans. Basch was the main character but Square didn’t think he was good for marketing and decided to create Vaan to appeal to younger audiences. Penelope was just as bad too :lol:

You should definitely pick it back though, game is really fun and one of the better storylines, imo.

Zidane slander :smh:

That crystal map is a pain in the *** :lol:

Vaan is insufferable and serves no purpose to the game or the party. I read and also heard on a podcast that Vaan wasn’t in the original plans. Basch was the main character but Square didn’t think he was good for marketing and decided to create Vaan to appeal to younger audiences. Penelope was just as bad too :lol:

You should definitely pick it back though, game is really fun and one of the better storylines, imo.

Zidane slander :smh:
got help with the crystal map. had to call a longtime buddy and sent me the walkthrough guide including the sidequests particularly the crystal map which can get you lost for eternity.

I did prefer Basch and liked his attacks better than Vaan. I still have my PS2, game and save file but could not use it anymore on these modern tvs. although I picked up the Zodiac Age version a couple of years back. haven't played it yet fully but it felt different from what I remembered when I tried it like the starting scenario was different or did I just forget about the game. might play it once I'm done playing FF7 Intermission. I'm stuck with the Fort Condor Mini-game.

no offense, but I find FFIX childish for my taste. it wasn't bad but it seems a step-down from FF7 and FF8. hopefully they would make more remakes of these old classics.

Last night I finished Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition at 60 hours.

+ story
+ reminded me of a PS2 JRPG
+ music
+ cast

- auto-attack combat
- future revealing during combat
- weak side quests (there’s gotta be 500+)

8.5/10

I’m gonna take a break before jumping to XB2. I’ll probably play Yakuza Like A Dragon next.

Last night I finished Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition at 60 hours.

+ story
+ reminded me of a PS2 JRPG
+ music
+ cast

- auto-attack combat
- future revealing during combat
- weak side quests (there’s gotta be 500+)

8.5/10

I’m gonna take a break before jumping to XB2. I’ll probably play Yakuza Like A Dragon next.
bruh i’m at 50 hours and barely on chapter 9 you must’ve been zooming :lol:

bruh i’m at 50 hours and barely on chapter 9 you must’ve been zooming :lol:
Are you doing the side quests? I started doing all of them but decided they weren’t worth it. I did a few to gain
Monado Armor and Eater
. Overall I thought they were terrible. I also did some grinding for specific fights. I think I finished at level 79-80. I’m hoping the side quests in XB2 are more fleshed out and meaningful.

Are you doing the side quests? I started doing all of them but decided they weren’t worth it. I did a few to gain
Monado Armor and Eater
. Overall I thought they were terrible. I also did some grinding for specific fights. I think I finished at level 79-80. I’m hoping the side quests in XB2 are more fleshed out and meaningful.
yeah that makes sense then i’m basically doing every single side quest as they pop up for the sake of grinding :lol:

some of the fetch quests are terrible but overall i don’t mind them when they’re giving me a reason to fight monsters or rewarding me with hella exp

i def agree there’s way too damn many
gameplay loop is fun enough for me to endure them tho

i’m chapter 9 level 47 rn

Debating if I should get a Switch again.
I’d wait until BotW2 comes out before buying again. I’m gonna give my switch to my niece and grab a hackable one closer to the BotW2 release. Homebrew makes Nintendo handhelds a much better experience and since the eshop refuses to emulate anything besides snes and nes, I’ll just do it myself.

Nintendo’s inability to successfully evolve the Pokémon franchise will never make sense to me.

I guess it doesn’t matter, because people still go bonkers and throw money at them.

But man it just feels like a letdown every time they release a new game.

Back
Top Bottom