• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LiveALive has been fun during the first story I chose. The gameplay is charming with the HD update, voice acting is available majority of the time unless you're talking with an NPC, and the current story I'm playing doesn't feel dull.

floodarea floodarea how are you liking Xenoblade so far? I saw we started playing around the same time.
i been digging it a lot so far

you can definitely tell it’s a game from the wii era with some of its design choices but this game coming out in the wii era is crazy regardless

the combat is pretty fun and the story is cool so far
i think i just started chapter 4

only thing that gets me is that there’s so much information dumping

between all the mechanics behind seeing the future during combat and all the gem stuff too it feel a lil overwhelming at times to remember

i been digging it a lot so far

you can definitely tell it’s a game from the wii era with some of its design choices but this game coming out in the wii era is crazy regardless

the combat is pretty fun and the story is cool so far
i think i just started chapter 4

only thing that gets me is that there’s so much information dumping

between all the mechanics behind seeing the future during combat and all the gem stuff too it feel a lil overwhelming at times to remember
I’m currently on Ch. 11.

I agree with you about the complexity. There’s so many different systems thrown at you, it’s hard to remember them all. I also hate when JRPGs introduce new mechanics 10, 20 hours into the story. You think you got the hang of it, then boom, they introduce something new.

It being a Wii is wild for sure. I didn’t think the Wii was capable of an RPG like this.

Is Xenoblade a series I can just jump in raw with no experience with the other ones? Or would y’all heavily advise against doing that? I see a lot of people hyped for this release I wanna ride the bandwagon :lol:

Is Xenoblade a series I can just jump in raw with no experience with the other ones? Or would y’all heavily advise against doing that? I see a lot of people hyped for this release I wanna ride the bandwagon :lol:
i fell into the hype for the third one by starting up the first one for the first time and it’s been mostly pretty smooth and not overly complicated from a story perspective

gameplay another story tho :lol:

i know the story of all three is connected somehow but i couldn’t tell you by how much or how significant it is to play the others first

would still prolly advise going with the first one if you were gonna start it up tho :lol:

I started from the beginning. From what I've read, you can start with XB3. Thing is, there isn't a lot of connection between XB1 and XB2 but XB3 will apparently tie all of them up together.

it's no Final Fantasy. although you can start off practically with the recent ones unless you are more concerned about learning the lore from the beginning.

having said that, why not try Chrono Cross instead?

Isn't the Chrono Cross "remaster" kinda bad? I remember reading that somewhere. I know I'll get to it at some point but I'm in no rush.

Isn't the Chrono Cross "remaster" kinda bad? I remember reading that somewhere. I know I'll get to it at some point but I'm in no rush.
i remember at that time of release people saying there were some frame rate issues but idk if they’ve patched it since then

I appreciate y’all input. I’ll see how I feel Friday whether I wanna do this the right way and start from the beginning or just jump right in. The story elements/lore don’t bother me too much I can’t remember the last jrpg I played where I wasn’t a bit lost. Sometimes you want a new game to want a new game :lol: but I’ll try and be rational about this

I’ll be sure to check out that Chrono cross remake, actually forgot that came out and I never played the original which I heard is a must too lol

980C2598-9216-490E-BFB6-0D88914A7C99.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom