• None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Highlight of the day for me :smokin

Besides that.............

Critical Timing Hits now do AOE damage?! Holy ****?

I can sense a lot of Mario RPG speedrunners rubbing their hands like Birdman after seeing that one

But the Mario RPG purist in me wants to know...........can we turn that **** off if we want to go back to the OG Critical Timing Hits that only does extra damage to the one enemy instead?

Oh ****, THERE'S MOAR?!

Just watched the nintendo direct and state of play and I don't know how this went over my head for so long (probably cuz I don't really play the game).

How come the creators/studio/company of Ghostbusters didn't sue the **** out of Nintendo for Luigi's Mansion? Luigi literally just running around ghost busting with a damn near identical vacuum :lol:

Is anyone in here a Pokémon loyalist? All the people I know that liked it through adulthood hate it now. And I wanna know if the hardcore community is still loving it/the direction the series is going.

Particularly the fact that every game has some new battle mechanic now, and the designs are just bad now.

I tried to give it a chance again but it’s boring as hell and feels like a very dumb RPG. The Pokémon now aren’t even cool looking either. The storyline from Shield/Sword was terrible too. I don’t think I have to ever play a Pokémon game ever again.

After only playing the first 2 gens of Pokemon and the Lets Go game I decided to give Violet a chance and got bored with it after like 2 days and stopped playing.

For how much money they make the games feel super low budget.

I bought Violet cause I thought it look conceptually like what I always thought Pokemon would eventually get to, but yeah man bad game.

I havent played the S&V but I liked the Arceus game. Thought it would be uphill from there but from what I heard, they dropped the ball on the S&V game. Will probably wait for the next game or cop violet if I see it on sale.

Is anyone in here a Pokémon loyalist? All the people I know that liked it through adulthood hate it now. And I wanna know if the hardcore community is still loving it/the direction the series is going.

Particularly the fact that every game has some new battle mechanic now, and the designs are just bad now.
Finding it harder and harder to give these Pokémon games more of my time. Tears of the kingdom set the bat pretty high for what a main line Nintendo game can but Pokémon keeps falling shorter and shorter. Especially because you can easily see how they could make things better. Pokémon games are like 10-15 hours tops now and the only thing Nintendo puts in to have some kind of replay value are redundant and repeptive objectives and raid battles. The DLC was short and disappointing as well.

It also feels pointless playing year after year because you essentially gain nothing for investing in this games particular gimmick. Mega evolution is gone, z moves are gone, dynamaxing is gone. We’ve got damn near 10 regions now, all with different phenomena, lore, and Pokémon and there hasn’t been a single attempt since x and y to make sense of what you as a player went through in previous games. The fact that area zero and legends arceus have zero connection even though both games are centered heavily on time travel is the biggest fumble. These games don’t reward you for keeping up.

Have they made it more RPG like? For example all gyms being high levels and able to do them at any point? Kind of like Zelda where you can choose which Divine beast to do first?

If not that’s a good way to start, not being forced to do gyms in a certain order.

You can move any direction, but some areas need abilities. And some of the wild Pokémon areas may be too strong for you.

I can understand from a lore perspective why it’s not exactly the same as legends arceus but one of the best parts about legends was how much involvement the trainer had in catching Pokemon. That was a lot of fun. But it feels like now they just want us to be happy with the quality of life things that they did instead of making a richer game fuller game.

When I play these games I always think back to Pokemon gold and silver. New Pokemon, new character, new region. But then after you beat the game you essentially get to go back to where the last game took place and play through it again. Everything was connected and intentional. They haven’t been able to recapture that type of dynamic in ages

since certain attacks cause damage to all enemies, i wonder if the enemies will be stronger? i guess if they kept them the same strength the game would go by faster but i'm old school and the speed of the game/grinding isn't a big deal to me...but maybe they're going to cater towards a younger crowd?

i'm still hoping for post game content like new areas/optional bosses/new items/accesories, etc.

having a bestiary sounds dope. i'll definitely be 100%ing this game.

Back
Top Bottom