Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20231015_181544.jpg

Wasn't a believer at first. Was tired of side scrolling Mario because they all felt the same lately, but the game is pretty fun. Gonna grab a copy.

yeah mario wonder been phenomenal so far

hogwarts legacy been my goty up to this point but mario wonder could be right up there by games end

Hogwarts was your GotY? You must have been digging in that backlog :smokin
nah i was on it day one back in february but it’s just a damn good game lol

probably won’t get to spider-man 2 til next year either so it’ll be between this and wonder

starfield burned the hell outta me im still mad i bought that mess :lol:

nah i was on it day one back in february but it’s just a damn good game lol

probably won’t get to spider-man 2 til next year either so it’ll be between this and wonder

starfield burned the hell outta me im still mad i bought that mess :lol:
I'm picking up Wonder and SM2 this Friday. SM2 for myself and Wonder for the wife and I. Hopefully she'll follow her husband's lead and not bounce on my damn head when I'm trying to platform :smh: :lol:

I'm picking up Wonder and SM2 this Friday. SM2 for myself and Wonder for the wife and I. Hopefully she'll follow her husband's lead and not bounce on my damn head when I'm trying to platform :smh: :lol:
they actually made that impossible in this new game :lol:

if you’re playing multiplayer you can’t actually touch any other players anymore

Went ahead and ordered the Japanese version of Mario Wonder and RPG from Play Asia along with another volume of Kaneko Works. $20 less retail, free shipping and no tax basically means free art book!

I did the 1 up trick for my 6 year old in 1-2 (3d world) and thought I was showing him something. I give him the controller and he starts doing some speed run type ****.

He does watch playthroughs on YouTube but whoa. I wasn't expecting that. I can do the movement stuff in 3d world but I don't even play like that regularly so I know he didn't get it from me.

I just walked away. I probably shoulda posted this in the washed thread.

Anyway, mario wonder...
I can't tell if I'm in world 1 or 2 yet but I'm 100%ing stages before I move on. I like it a lot so far. I love the world map. The flowers aren't a bad thing IMO. They remind me of cappy.

You mean like a portable switch2 /console switch 2 or a console and a handheld?

Neither one would make sense for Nintendo imo.
This is kinda what I wanted Apple to do if/when they make a console.

A console and handheld is basically what Nintendo has always done. I think a portable and console S2 could work for him.

Anyway, mario wonder...
I can't tell if I'm in world 1 or 2 yet but I'm 100%ing stages before I move on. I like it a lot so far. I love the world map. The flowers aren't a bad thing IMO. They remind me of cappy.

Its so good............this is the 2D Mario game that appeals to both "linear sidescrolling platforming folk" and "exploration collectathon folk." The removal of that course timer has 100% incentivized you to explore more, resulting in levels being 100%'ed early on. Going after every Wonder Seed in all the levels feels like I'm hunting Power Stars/Power Moons/Shines in this game, but it is 2D now instead of the usual 3D sandbox we have to explore.

Really feels like the true 2D Mario sequel to Super Mario World that lot of us 90s Mario kids were waiting for

At this point I midas whale wait for the Switch 2 to drop to make my triumphant return byke to the world of Nintendo.

I've 100%ed worlds 1-3 and petal islands up to this point...I left the _____ world alone for now (will complete once i beat the game) but unlocked everything to this point. Quick thoughts:

This game reminds me of mario world x yoshis island. I like it.

The music isn't as bad as some ppl are saying.
I like most of it so far.
I do wish there were more castle levels and that the castle theme was dope. It typically is like in smb 1, 3, world, nsmb, etc. so at least so far that's something they dropped the ball on...

I do wish that each character played differently than each other...i guess you can kinda do this through badges. Like the parachute cap badge or whatever it's called makes characters play like princess and the floating high jump = yoshi or luigi's typical play style. Jet run = toad or nabbit. No badge = mario. Etc. Maybe on my next playthrough I'll do it like that.

I like the powerups but I wish they brought back some of the older suits...like frog, hammer, tabooki, etc The cape feather, etc. And rideable yoshis in levels would have been dope.
If we have elephant mario why couldn't we get other animal transformations..? Mario 3 and 3d world had multiple animal suits...Double cherries would have been interesting.

The music levels are fire.

The difficulty is at least on par with nsmbu but IMO harder levels appear earlier. I havent seen this crazy difficulty the developers talked about.
Maybe I'll see it in worlds 4 and up.

The team that worked on this needs to work on the next yoshis island.

Actually they need to combine this team and whoever worked on dkc tropical freeze and have them work on the next dkc and yoshis island.

I like the new enemies a lot.

I'm not a fan of badges. I don't think that they're needed in a 2d mario sidescroller but I appreciate them trying new ideas. I'd rather just have powerups instead.

I guess I'll end it here with the thoughts.

Just finished the main game and here are my thoughts:

Overall it was a lot of fun and way more creative than we've gotten in recent 2D Mario titles.

The badges add a lot to the game. I used the flying cap one for 90% of the game just cause I enjoyed it that much and it reminded me of Super Mario Bros 3 but I still appreciated the variety and adding a new element to the gameplay.

Collectithons are more fun in 3D platformers imo. When it's 2D I kind of just want to zip through the levels without worrying as much about exploration. Am I just lazy? Lol is it just me

I appreciated the somewhat higher degree of difficulty (especially in earlier worlds) than we've gotten in recent installments where the main game is a complete cakewalk and the only challenge is 100% completion and post game. Nothing was extremely challenging but you least had to put effort in to beat a lot of these levels and not feel like you're sleepwalking through them.

Maybe it's cause of my age now compared to playing Mario as a kid but I don't have the motivation to 100% the game. I enjoyed one play through and will probably never play it again lol. I'll always check out the latest Mario games for nostalgic purposes and a couple days of fun.

Overall really solid game, definitely not a masterpiece but has me looking forward to a new 3D open world title where I hope to see some more innovation and moving the franchise forward but the 2D titles are a nice addition every once in a while.

I haven’t played yet (waiting for the wife) but it’s dope to Wonder being enjoyed. We know this is just holding us down until we get that next 3D Mario for Switch 2 :smokin

I hope PA doesnt wait until 11/17 to ship MW since I ordered it with Mario RPG I have a feeling they will. Might have to jump on the QVC deal if it comes back in stock.

Back
Top Bottom