• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man I didnt even think of this as an option. I was over here thinking about Nintendo releasing a range extender. Brilliant
but ppl keep forgeting a good amount of wiiu games a sensor assistant games so how exactly would that work? Or do you not need the sensor/motion when using the gamepad screen? Also can you play the og wii games with the pad? I mean like will it interact, not need a tv and can view from screen etc....?

Man I didnt even think of this as an option. I was over here thinking about Nintendo releasing a range extender. Brilliant
but ppl keep forgeting a good amount of wiiu games a sensor assistant games so how exactly would that work? Or do you not need the sensor/motion when using the gamepad screen? Also can you play the og wii games with the pad? I mean like will it interact, not need a tv and can view from screen etc....?

Wii U games don't use the sensor bar, so all you need is the gamepad to be in range of the console. And no you can't play Wii games on the gamepad (when you enter Wii mode the gamepad shuts off) which I think is a mistake but maybe they'll make it happen in the coming years when the Wii stops selling.

Pokemon will finally debut on 3DS this October.

They are releasing simultaneously instead of releasing in Japan and then other countries months later.

2013 seems to be the year of the 3DS :pimp: :pimp:

From IGN, apparently Nintendo is going to bring their home console and portable console divisions together in an effort to further integrate both systems.

Maybe this means that with future software you'll be able to stream games from the home console to the 3DS on the go kind of how the Vita works. Or maybe they'll actually make the gamepad portable beyond the 25 feet limit so you can take it anywhere you want.

In an aim to see more synergy between its handheld and home console divisions, Nintendo is allegedly unifying the two, according to Nikkei.com. If the report proves to be true, the move will mark the first organizational restructure in the company since 2004.

"In an effort to create more innovative and attractive products, Nintendo Co. will combine the development segments for its home video game consoles and handheld game devices," a translation of the report reads.

"The decision comes on the heels of recent releases of the Nintendo 3DS portable system in February 2011 and the Wii U home console last month. With more people using their smartphones and tablets for entertainment via the Internet, including games and videos, Nintendo aims to come up with next-generation game systems that will turn heads."

The move will see 130 employees from Nintendo's console development team joining 150 employees from its handheld division to a single development department established February 16. A new development building is due for completion at the end of the year, next to Nintendo's current headquarters in Kyoto.

"The two teams will eventually be integrated and the segment will be organized by function, such as circuits, mechanisms and design," quotes the report.

"Game system development projects are becoming larger and taking longer to complete as the machines become more advanced. Nintendo apparently has its sights set on speeding up these projects by sharing development processes for consoles and handheld devices where possible and by reassigning personnel depending on the situation. It sees interactions between engineers as a potential hotbed of new ideas."

Nintendo is hoping the move will encourage further connectivity between console and portable devices, including the implementation of handheld devices as console controllers, and game data sharing so players can continue playing their console game on their handheld when away from the couch.

"Such functions are already available with the Wii U, but Nintendo likely hopes to better streamline its products by tapping into such online services as Twitter and video sites."

We've reached out to Nintendo for comment and will update this story when we hear back.

Does the virtual console work for the Wii U yet? I'd be good just playing old games until some new Wii U joints drop.

Does the virtual console work for the Wii U yet? I'd be good just playing old games until some new Wii U joints drop.

Not yet, I read they're working on it so you can play all the Wii U VC console games on the gamepad entirely.

Decided to rename the thread from Wii U to Nintendo news to broaden the info that comes out.
Earlier today Nintendo announced some upcoming release dates for Wii U & 3DS. This is the schedule for the coming months.

Nintendo Wii U

Rayman Legends Feb. 26

LEGO City: Undercover March 18

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate March 19

The Croods: Prehistoric Party! March 19

Need For Speed Most Wanted March 19

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct March 26

The Amazing SpiderMan Ultimate Edition March

Aliens: Colonial Marines Q1

Nintendo Wii U eShop

The Cave Jan. 22

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 Feb. 7

Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien Q1

Puddle Q1

Toki Tori 2 Q1

Zen Pinball 2 Q1

Nintendo 3DS

Fire Emblem Awakening Feb. 4

Brain Age: Concentration Training Feb.10

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed Feb. 12

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 3D Feb. 12

Etrian OdysseyIV: Legends of the Titan Feb.

Naruto Powerful Shippuden March 5

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate March 5

Monster High Skultimate Roller Maze March 13

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate March 19

The Croods: Prehistoric Party! March 19

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity March 24

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon March 24

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: SoulHackers April 16

LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins April 21

Nintendo 3DS eShop

Tokyo Crash Mobs Jan. 17

Fire Emblem Awakening (Demo) Jan. 17

Deer Drive Legends Jan. 17

Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo: Escape to the Big Blue Jan. 17

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars Jan. 24

Brain Age: Concentration Training (Demo) Jan. 24

Bloody Vampire Jan. 31

Witch's Cat Jan. 31

Jewel Master: Cradle of Egypt 2 March19

Coaster Creator 3D Q1

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D Q1
Ikacha

Nintendo's president Iwata will hold a worldwide Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning @ 9 AM EST/ 6 AM PST to talk about new Wii U titles and services developed by Nintendo.

There's been alot of speculation as of what they'll be showing, my guess is that they're gonna be showing off that Yoshi game that was leaked a while back and maybe a glimpse or SS of the new 3D Mario.

On the services side I think they'll give a release date for DVR and Netflix integration for Nintendo TViimaybe a patch for the "slow" OS and probably even a Virtual Console finally with remastered Gamecube games :pimp: :pimp:

This is the direct link to the stream.
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/

Firmware update coming Spring and Summer.

Wii U VC confirmed, comes after the firmware. Starting off with NES & SNES games that are being developed to run on the gamepad.

Miiverse coming to smartphones in Spring.

Smash Bros. for Wii U will debut @ E3

Nintendo will have a playable 3D Mario game and playable Mario Kart for Wii U @ E3.

New Yoshi game being developed that looks like Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Windwaker remake in HD coming this fall to Wii U :pimp: :pimp:

New Zelda game in development alongside Windwaker remake.

Monolith working on a new game that looks amazing.

Last edited:
Full Nintendo Direct show

These videos are a recap of some of the games Nintendo announced today.

Wonderful 101

Monolith Soft "X"

Bayonetta 2 behind the scenes

Shin-Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Zelda information

Last edited:
Windwaker remake in HD coming this fall to Wii U

iu7wjtdw2iu1rc1sgn.gif

Well my Wii U tablet is messed up. The touch screen seems to be stuck in a position so I cant make it move. Is there a way to reset it? I'm googling it but I've found nothing. I have insurance but who knows how long that will take.

This is random but does anyone know anywhere that is selling xenoblade for the wii for regular price cause everywhere it is about 200 dollars which is crazy any help? or will it be open for purchase on whatever new wii u store etc?

This is random but does anyone know anywhere that is selling xenoblade for the wii for regular price cause everywhere it is about 200 dollars which is crazy any help? or will it be open for purchase on whatever new wii u store etc?

Damn, tried any Gamestop stores? The Gamestop around my way still has some 50 for bucks, try them.

Waiting for a price drop

With Nintendo already selling the sytem at a loss I don't see any price drop anytime soon, although with the announcements of PS4 & 720 that may change.
This is what Nintendo's president said earlier this week.

"With Wii U, we have taken a rather resolute stance in pricing it below its manufacturing cost, so we are not planning to perform a markdown. I would like to make this point absolutely clear," said Iwata.

Last edited:
Any of you guys rocking cases on your tablet? After my last one broke and I had to use the insurance to replace it(it's only good for one replacement btw gamestop still being thieves) I don't want to take any more chances

Price drop?! :D
Will pick one up now that i see some good games coming out.
Wonderful 101 reminds me of viewtiful joe + pikmin

Nintendo needs to really release this :smokin

This too but I heard it was fake

Last edited:
Damn, tried any Gamestop stores? The Gamestop around my way still has some 50 for bucks, try themm.
With Nintendo already selling the sytem at a loss I don't see any price drop anytime soon, although with the announcements of PS4 & 720 that may change.
This is what Nintendo's president said earlier this week.

I tried they all sold out in the DMV the closes one is in PA smh anyone can help me out with getting xeno blade for the wii i would appreciate it

pretty much opinionated question, but should I buy the wii u now or wait until the software update?

Been seeing a 32gb on craigslist for around $270

Not sure if I should go for it or if I should wait it out some more. I do plan on getting one eventually.

What do you guys think?

For the people that have the wii u any problems yet?

Back
Top Bottom