• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good news guys (I know you don't care). I finally got my Wii U sent out for repair. Hoping to have it back in 2-3 weeks.
What was wrong with it and are they fixing it for free?
2/3 weeks:x

Gamepad was unable to turn on console remotely, ever since I purchased it in June last year. I thought I'd just keep going with the issue since it wasn't necessarily affecting gameplay, but I was worried it could develop into something worse and I figured I might as well use the warranty while it's serviceable.

I tried re-syncing the pad to the console a million times, never worked.

Gamepad was unable to turn on console remotely, ever since I purchased it in June last year. I thought I'd just keep going with the issue since it wasn't necessarily affecting gameplay, but I was worried it could develop into something worse and I figured I might as well use the warranty while it's serviceable.

I see. The gamepad itself is the console, in a way.

I see. The gamepad itself is the console, in a way.

Right, and I wasn't interested in having to deal with something more significant in the future because I was too lazy to fix it for free when I had the chance to.

It's alright though, I'm not impatient about this. I don't really play games all that much anymore to begin with so I don't mind waiting for it.

Club Nintendo will be shut down.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After more than six years of delivering fun Nintendo-themed rewards to its members, Club Nintendo is preparing to shut down. Nintendo’s loyalty-rewards program rewarded members with a variety of items, such as downloadable games, Nintendo posters or character figures in exchange for Coins that members earned by registering products or completing surveys. Club Nintendo members in the United States and Canada can earn additional Coins through the end of March, and can redeem those Coins through the end of June. Nintendo of America will be announcing a new customer loyalty program at a later date.

“We thank all Club Nintendo members for their dedication to Nintendo games and their ongoing love for our systems and characters,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “We want to make this time of transition as easy as possible for our loyal Club Nintendo members, so we are going to add dozens of new rewards and downloadable games to help members clear out their Coin balances.”

Nintendo will add a number of physical reward options for members in February. Members will also be able to choose from a lineup of many downloadable games. As a gift to Club Nintendo members, the Flipnote Studio 3D software will be available to download for free in February. This software will allow users to create unique three-dimensional animations and to exchange their creations via local wireless with others who also own Flipnote Studio 3D. Users who uploaded creations to Flipnote Hatena will be able to download their personal animations from the Nintendo DSi Library menu in Flipnote Studio 3D software. Flipnote Studio 3D will be available to Club Nintendo members until June 30. The ability to create a new Club Nintendo account will end on March 31. All users who register to Club Nintendo before registration closes will be eligible to receive Flipnote Studio 3D.

A FAQ about the process of shutting down.

Dear Club Nintendo Members,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Nintendo.

We launched Club Nintendo 6 years ago in North America, and we’re grateful for all of the feedback that our members have provided on your experiences with our products.

In order to focus on planning for a new customer loyalty program for our fans, we’ve decided to wind-down the Club Nintendo program. We are deeply thankful to our members for being a part of Club Nintendo for all of these years.

We will share details about our new program at a later date. For now, please see the schedule below for information on the discontinuation timeframe for Club Nintendo.

All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February. In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February 2015. Please visit here for information on the software and how to get the download code.

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule

1/20/2015
Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015
Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015
Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

Your Account and Coin Balance

The information in your Club Nintendo account will not be transferred to the new loyalty program. We are adding multiple items to our reward catalog, so please be sure to redeem your Coins before the deadline on June 30, 2015. Unused Coins will be deleted as of July 1, 2015.
2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

FAQs about Club Nintendo program discontinuation

How long can I keep earning Coins?
The last day to register products with Club Nintendo, take surveys, or earn Coins is March 31, 2015. Surveys in your To-Do list will be deleted after March 31, 2015, so please be sure to register products or take surveys by that date. Please note that products released after January 20, 2015 cannot be registered at Club Nintendo, and will not be eligible for surveys or Coins.

But I have Club Nintendo PIN # that is valid past March 31, 2015.
Products cannot be registered after March 31, 2015, regardless of the expiration date written on the PIN card.

Will the games I download still be registered with Club Nintendo?
Club Nintendo-eligible games that you download will continue to be registered to your account automatically until March 31, 2015 if your Nintendo eShop account is linked to your Club Nintendo account. After that date, games will no longer be registered with Club Nintendo. To find out which games you can register, please see Eligible Products. Click here to learn how to link your Nintendo eShop account to your Club Nintendo account.

When is the last day to join Club Nintendo?
You can join Club Nintendo until March 31, 2015.

When is the last day to redeem Coins on Club Nintendo?
The last day to redeem your Coins is June 30, 2015. Any unused Coins will be deleted on July 1, 2015. We are offering a large number of digital games, and select physical rewards, so we are sure you can find something you like. Limited quantities are available for the physical rewards, so please be sure to check out our Get Games & Rewards page for each item’s availability.

What happens to my Coins if I don’t use them all?
Any unused Coins in your Club Nintendo account will be deleted on July 1, 2015.

When is the last day to get the download code for the digital games I chose?
The last day to access your Club Nintendo account is June 30, 2015, so please be sure to get your 16-digit download code(s) for any games you’ve received before that date.

Will the download code ever expire?
Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.

Do I need to cancel my membership?
No, your account will automatically be cancelled on July 1, 2015, so there is no need for you to cancel your account.

I was able to cop Earthbound thru the program. I actually still have quite a bit of coins. Hopefully they release some good games before it shuts down completely.

Any of you guys get the MM 3ds?

i tried. settled for the MH4U edition, looks nice anyway.

If anybody needs any starters. Lmk

:nerd: is that for Ruby and Sapphire? planning to pick one of those up. while i was never into Pokemon, id like a Charmander... :D

I'lm slighly glad at that news.

People who resell club nintendos code for ridicoulous amounts.
mean.gif

The only thing I'll get is the SSB ost in march supposedly.

Last edited:
I was able to cop Earthbound thru the program. I actually still have quite a bit of coins. Hopefully they release some good games before it shuts down completely.
Think I got close to 2000 just sitting
Hopefully some cool game they put up I can use it on
Aye don't forget for peeps that bought smash wii u AND 3ds
To take advantage of the smash bros soundtrack offer
Can't wait to be smashing on the freeway listening to that hyrule castle stage theme :lol:

To those who don't have a club Nintendo membership, apply for it if you want the 3DS Flipnote Studio game for free. They'll be giving it out to members in February.

I also recommend trying to get the platinum status cause since this is the last year, I'm assuming they'll have a sick gift to end it all.

Last edited:
how do you achieve platinum status? also do i only accumulate coins when steps get counted?
You just have to buy new nintendo games and redeem the club nintendo codes that are on the back of the box art.

You only accumulate points when you manually enter those codes.

hhmmm the 3 games i received from 99gamers the sellers said the codes werent used.. gonna have to check them out when i get home.

You need to accumulate 600 Coins for Platinum or 300 for Gold Status before July 1st. It's gonna be difficult for me since I already redeemed all my codes and the NEW 3DS won't come with a code >.>

I have 720 coins to spend. I used my platinum status to cop Earthbound. I have some codes to redeem but I doubt I'll even hit gold status.

When will Nintendo provide a single account linking all Nintendo products and allow for downloadable game use across platforms? That's all I care about.

When will Nintendo provide a single account linking all Nintendo products and allow for downloadable game use across platforms? That's all I care about.
Will never happen. 

Nintendo is too stubborn to make their ecosystem so easy to use.

Will never happen. 
Nintendo is too stubborn to make their ecosystem so easy to use.

Stubborn, greedy, whatever the case may be it annoys me to no end. I should be able to play 64 games on my Wii U with my previous purchase without issue, damn it.

Stubborn, greedy, whatever the case may be it annoys me to no end. I should be able to play 64 games on my Wii U with my previous purchase without issue, damn it.
I alluded to this before, but I'm not a wii u owner. I get the privledge to play nintendo's wii u.

Nintendo's the driver and I'm in the back seat enjoying the breeze.

Toys “R” Us offering Kirby amiibo with Kirby and the Rainbow Curse pre-order

Toys “R” Us has a small offer available for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. By pre-ordering the game, you’ll receive a Kirby amiibo.

Back
Top Bottom