• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They have some damn nerve charging $299.99 for this underpowered hardware. Not even trying to get into the price of the joy cons/pro controller

You are paying a premium for the portability. The Nintendo switch is essentially a nVidia Shield TV with a screen attached to it.

It would have been nice if they have released a home only version for like $150-199. Sort of like PSTV.

Still doesn't validate the fact that's it's extremely expensive. The "home console" is essentially a charging dock/cradle. Your basically paying an exorbitant amount of money to play new first party Nintendo titles. Phones in 2017 (Galaxy S8, iPhone 8, etc) will be more powerful and can connect to your TV wirelessly or through a USB C/lightning to HDMI adapter while you can play games from your couch with a Bluetooth controller.

Switch console $299.99
Extra Joy Con $79.99
Zelda $59.99

$439.99 BEFORE TAX is absolutely ridiculous considering how underpowered this device is. It's hardly portable with its battery life ranging from 2 1/2 - 6 hours which usually means less than that.

720p display.
Still manage to not have outstanding battery life.
Clear as day why they haven't said a peep about tha internals.

Last edited:
They have some damn nerve charging $299.99 for this underpowered hardware. Not even trying to get into the price of the joy cons/pro controller

It sound like you're just hating just to hate. You like powerful hardware while some like the games. Obviously this console is not for you so why continue to post in this thread. Go cop a PS4 Pro or wait for a MS Scorpio.

It sound like you're just hating just to hate. You like powerful hardware while some like the games. Obviously this console is not for you so why continue to post in this thread. Go cop a PS4 Pro or wait for a MS Scorpio.

And u sound like a fanboy with zero objectivity. I already have a PS4 and Xbox One but I guess it's a crime for me to want a system that's dropping in 2017 to be at least as powerful as a system that came out in 2013. "Portable" or not. I grew up on Nintendo first party titles and want to see them behind capable hardware like they were in the GameCube days especially if their charging a premium for their products. Just sick of the gimmicks and underpowered hardware

Still doesn't validate the fact that's it's extremely expensive. The "home console" is essentially a charging dock/cradle. Your basically paying an exorbitant amount of money to play new first party Nintendo titles. Phones in 2017 (Galaxy S8, iPhone 8, etc) will be more powerful and can connect to your TV wirelessly or through a USB C/lightning to HDMI adapter while you can play games from your couch with a Bluetooth controller.

Switch console $299.99
Extra Joy Con $79.99
Zelda $59.99

$439.99 BEFORE TAX is absolutely ridiculous considering how underpowered this device is. It's hardly portable with its battery life ranging from 2 1/2 - 6 hours which usually means less than that.

Considering all those phones cost $500-800 dollars.....

Ipads cost more.

This is a pretty standard price for a home console, it just so happens the key point is its portable which is icing on the cake

Phones do way more than the console could ever do so the price is justified imo. Smart phones have essentially replaced PCs as the main source of internet consumption with a far superior OS and app catalog.

You act like he is way outta line or something :lol:

Nintendo been doing this for a minute.

And u sound like a fanboy with zero objectivity. I already have a PS4 and Xbox One but I guess it's a crime for me to want a system that's dropping in 2017 to be at least as powerful as a system that came out in 2013. "Portable" or not. I grew up on Nintendo first party titles and want to see them behind capable hardware like they were in the GameCube days especially if their charging a premium for their products. Just sick of the gimmicks and underpowered hardware

I sound like a fanboy becasue I see you're reaching for reasons to hate on the system? Being objective means you're neutral. All your posts on this page alone have all been negative. If there is no positives about the system why bother posting... just move on. I've never understood this mentality...

And how does Nintendo's games being on "weaker" hardware effect your enjoyment of the game? Zelda, Mario, etc are amazing despite perceived hardware limitations. These games have always been about great game play and fun. But you got it, hate on...

Pre-Order: PDP Nintendo Switch Zelda CE Screen Protection & Skins $19.99 via Amazon

link: Amazon product ASIN B01MZ9QJ0Y

Only thing keeping Nintendo a float is their title games. Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda are major for Nintendo. Only reason I'm planning on coppin is because of Mario and possibly Pokemon, other than that, I'd just get an Xbox One for my daughter which I almost did.

So when y'all beat BOTW, what's next?

Waiting for more enticing exclusives to drop like the wiiu?
nerd.gif

Nintendo not duping me twice.

I always buy the nintendos at launch. Already preordered the Switch. I'll get Zelda, and buy MK8D in April. I have MK8 but I can't even touch it (or the WiiU for that matter) without my 5yr old jackin the controller out my hands. So the Switch will be for me. Got the PS4 and the XB1 and 1S. Will get the Scorpio for my 4K tv. I'm set.

Nintendo feeds off nostalgia, and folks eat it up. I learned my lesson after the Wii, I'm going to wait it out to see if they really get 3rd party support. Not falling for the hype.

Definitely cool, but I have a feeling those controllers are going to kill my hands, they look so tiny :lol:

As cool as those Joycons are, I have E.T fingers, so that pro controller is a necessity for me. The price is outrageous though :smh: 70 bucks !

Discount price only lol

Back
Top Bottom