• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The presentation was just bad. As a Nintendo fan this was a disappointment and I think they have lost me for good. They still have not learned from many of their last mistakes. What if I'm not a die hard Zelda fan? I have zero reason to get this at launch.

Pre-Order: PDP Nintendo Switch Zelda CE Screen Protection & Skins $19.99 via Amazon

link: Amazon product ASIN B01MZ9QJ0Y

Now this is cool

The presentation was just bad. As a Nintendo fan this was a disappointment and I think they have lost me for good. They still have not learned from many of their last mistakes. What if I'm not a die hard Zelda fan? I have zero reason to get this at launch.

Nintendo is using the hardcore fans to do the promotion for them. When we're excited for the new Zelda with the new Nintendo system then everyone wants to buy the newest gadget and see what the fuss is about. What's ballsy is that Nintendo is convinced the Switch can sell itself after the Zelda hype dies down in a few months and last until Mario Odyssey around Christmas. I think E3 is where they decide the overall reception of the system

Super Mario Odyssey should've been a launch title.
If they wanted to move units early they would've did this. Everyone isn't a die hard Zelda fan or Zelda fan at all. But everyone loves mario, EVERYONE. I would've def put that preorder in x2 1 for us 1 for my neph.

This x 100. Nintendo failing to make Odyssey a launch title combined with the fact that Nintendo hasn't realized that the trend of bundled in games at launch was the difference between many of their past console successes is a little jarring. With the mystery behind Super Mario Odyssey, if they would've bundled that game with the console at launch
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
See NES, Super NES and even the Wii using Wii Sports to show off what made the console a must have.

Regardless, Breath of the Wild is being a tad bit underestimated in here. The reviews for this game are going to pretty much call it the greatest game ever created. Couple that with the new Nintendo system and you're going to have pandemonium. It's gonna be what the Wii was when it first release accept its gonna have a game that's gonna be promoted as the game of the generation out the gate.

Nintendo is using the hardcore fans to do the promotion for them. When we're excited for the new Zelda with the new Nintendo system then everyone wants to buy the newest gadget and see what the fuss is about. What's ballsy is that Nintendo is convinced the Switch can sell itself after the Zelda hype dies down in a few months and last until Mario Odyssey around Christmas. I think E3 is where they decide the overall reception of the system

Why risk it

Why risk it
Because causal gamers are fickle. Your hardcore audience is gonna shout to the mountain tops how amazing your new product is and because PS and Microsoft have nothing to offer during that time frame, you create a market with the casual gamers because they're just attracted to the newest thing. Watch this thread explode the week of launch

I think Nintendo knew they werent ready for christmas 2016 so they can build their library during this year and have a nice set up for christmas 2017 with Mario.

Dropping NES classic was smart it got the nostalgia going prior to the new system launch

Last edited:

Preach that truth, right there.  It should've been Zelda & Mario Odyssey released together as launch titles, it would've guaranteed a successful launch.

But separating this **** out just 'cuz "OMG ZELDA HYPE BRO," Nintendo overestimated the gamer audience severely...........Nintendo consoles are at their best when Mario & Zelda are out in the market TOGETHER, especially with Mario as the iconic character outta the 2 franchises.

Nintendo should've just delayed the Switch release to the Holidays if they weren't ready to deliver BOTH Odyssey and BoTW at the same time.  They only doing it in March b/c Breath of the Wild is set to release on the Wii-U on that date.............which in that case, they should've just let the Zelda audience sweat a little bit more and just wait until the Holidays like everyone else.

mean.gif

It's looking like Joy-Cons battery life is 20 hours, while the Pro-Controller is 40 hours. Pretty good, but it takes 3 hours to charge the console :x

I don't mind Mario being the big Christmas seller bc Nintendo is trying to reuse the formula for Wii's launch lineup by having a hugely hyped Zelda and an innovative casual game to hook in the masses, but the problem is it's not a pack in game.

I think they should've included 1-2 Switch as a pack in game for $300.This is the one game at launch that showcases the tech in the joycons similar to Wii Sports. Hardware costs probably was the reason for this decision, but the good thing the console itself comes with essentially two motion controllers right out the box.

Yall gotta stop making excuses for Nintendo :lol: Best thing would've been to switch Mario and Zelda to get the casual gamers to bite early. Knowing Nintendo, they'll short production during the holidays to create hype for both the system and the new Mario. But they also have to compete w/ the PS4 and XBOne bundles.

Back
Top Bottom