• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack both sold over 1M. Killzone is a well known franchise within the PlayStation ecosystem. PS4 also launched with Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Yes those games were on previous hardware but had only launched about 2-3 months before. If PS4/X1 would have been available before November, they would have launched on all consoles simultaneously. Great 3rd party support fills in the gaps between great exclusives imo.

Switch is getting ports of games that came out years ago. Skyrim is 5 years old...FIVE!!! It's not even getting the Special Edition that just rereleased. After Zelda, what else is there? Splatoon 2 in July, August? That's a 5 month gap.

You are comparing a game like Zelda BOW to Killzone and Knack. The fact they sold 1 million is irrelevant as those games don't come close to the quality and impact Zelda has. After Zelda the Switch is getting Arms in April, Mario Kart 8 in May, Splatoon 2 in Summer, XenoBlade 2 Fire and Emblem Warriors and in Fall, and Mario at the Holiday. What gaps are you talking about. These are console exclusives coming out damn near every month the rest of the year.

No gamer has one console anymore. Nintendo isn't going to make a console that gives you the same as experience as something on the market.

Many have already stated they're not gonna bother getting 3rd parties on the Switch right, so games like FIFA or NBA 2K18 don't count right. But they do count when ya'll want to give reasons not to get the system. Again, which is it? Double standards again.

It's like if Nintendo gave them a ultra powerful system with all the 3rd parties that just recently dropped the excuse would be they already own a PS or XBox for those games and Nintendo needs to provided new games... These dudes don't know what they want :lol:

Last edited:
that's what I said tho

outside of nintendos core that's 2 new games

You're also forgetting about

• Mario Maker (Brand new franchise IMO)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Zombi U
  • Pokken Tournament
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • and depending on your preferences Star Fox Zero

I feel like people are saying that there is no reason to run out and get it immediately in comparison. And I believe that someone mentioned something about what PS4 did or didn't have to offer at launch. And called out double standards.

Which is interesting cause like I mentioned - PS4 isn't really a gamble like that. And it had everything that we would expect from a flagship console. Like I mentioned.

And we won't get third party stuff on that particular system BUT if it the Switch was a bit more powerful and managed to give gnarly 3rd party games on the go this convo would be different. And we are not sure about their online services either.

My point is is that Nintendo been doing this. They cool with me (cause I dont have to buy it) but it seems like people in this thread are not really interested in spend 300 bucks to maybe play a few must have games over the next couples of years. And that isn't counting playing for the extra controller etc.

I don't think people are necessarily hating I think they are just being real.

Last edited:
I'm only getting this Switch for the first party games. I haven't had a Nintendo console for myself since the N64 and I miss playing Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc. As far as the 3rd party titles go, I don't see the need to buy them on this system if there are better versions of the game on other systems. Nintendo is going to have to create niche 3rd party titles that either create innovative fun that distinguish it from other systems utilizing it's joycon's or come out with exclusive 3rd party games that are must play.

I have interest in this system because of nostalgia and Nintendo's philosophy to constantly innovate. We'll see if this becomes my favorite game system.

If I could play Overwatch and stuff like that on the go (through digital DL or something) I would have duplicate games in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
No gamer has one console anymore. Nintendo isn't going to make a console that gives you the same as experience as something on the market.

i disagree

most products or platforms within their class offer the same stuff

it's just that the nintendo is the least necessary in its class

and I love their core games

they're just few and far between

and for others, I've bought every single nintendo system and still have all of them

but they're console run is on its last leg

I feel like people are saying that there is no reason to run out and get it immediately in comparison. And I believe that someone mentioned something about what PS4 did or didn't have to offer at launch. and called out double standards.

Which is iteresting cause like I mentioned - PS4 isn't really a gamble like that. And it had everything that we would expect from a flagship console. Like I mentioned.

And we won't get third party stuff on that particular system BUT if it the Switch was a bit more powerful and managed to give gnarly 3rd party games on the go thus convo would be different. And we are not sure about their online services either.

My point is is that Nintendo been doing this. They cool with me (cause I dont have to buy it) but it seems like people in this thread are not really interested in spend 300 bucks to maybe play a few must have games over the next couples of years. And that isn't counting playing for the extra controller etc.

I don't think people are necessarily hating I think they are just being real.

This is what I mean by double standards becasue Sony already did that and it was a huge failure. The Vita was supposed to do that and you don't think Nintendo saw that?

Why do people think the 3DS was the better option? It was weaker, but the games are what made the difference. The dual screen made it different. The 3D interface was offered something new. The Japanese quirkey titles and RPG's were big system sellers. Nintendo knows they have to be different to get attention. No differentiation leaves them dead in the water.

As for power, it's not as big of an issue many are making it out to be. Switch supports all the modern engines.These new engines hare highly scaleable and allow developers easy solutions for ports. No excuse outside of politics for no full support.

And lets be real how many Must Haves does PS4 Pro have? What justifies that machine? Hell how many must haves does the PS4 really have. 5-7 if Im being generous?? Hell the poor Wii U had that, but it seems it still failed...

i disagree

most products or platforms within their class offer the same stuff

it's just that the nintendo is the least necessary in its class

and I love their core games

they're just few and far between

and for others, I've bought every single nintendo system and still have all of them

but they're console run is on its last leg

There are 5 core games coming for the Switch within the first 9 months... whats the problem? Systems 2 millions already sold out, whats the problem? They're coming off a success in the 3DS, whats the problem? They have the best games developers putting all their focus on this one system... Again, whats the problem?

Oh... the online sux. Yep, this will be Nintendo's last console! :lol:

Last edited:
wait, that was a double standard? :lol:

Ain't this supposed to be their flagship console? And that twas my main point - the uncertainty about their future. We don't know if they will ever get that support.

And I don't what you want me to say about the PS4 Pro.

I am not taking the Ninjahood deflection bait.

We are talking about consoles at launch in their entirety. Which includes online, first 7 third party support.

Last edited:
wait, that was a double standard? :lol:

Ain't this supposed to be their flagship console? And that twas my main point - the uncertainty about their future. We don't know if they will ever get that support.

And I don't what you want me to say about the PS4 Pro.

I am not taking the Ninjahood deflection bait.

We are talking about consoles at launch in their entirety. Which includes online, first 7 third party support.

Just saw the edit...

The Switch is their flagship console which is why they are putting the games people want on the platform.

But to say Nintendo is making all the same mistakes with the Switch is just not true. Wii U had no major games until a year after the system launched. Same for the 3DS. PS4, Xbox one no major exclusives out the box.

Switch we already got Mario, Zelda, new IPs, better 3rd party support. From day one the big hitters are there.

Just one thing is not 100%, which is the online service. Yet this is the one point of contention everyone is focusing on. Like all this amazing stuff Nintendo is doing with the Switch doesn't matter anymore. But you and others want to take a wait and see approach. I respect it.

Last edited:
Man I wasn't comparing Zelda and Kill zone. You asked what PS4 had to offer at launch and I named those two exclusives in addition to the 3rd party lineup. You knock Killzone but then mention Arms coming in April :lol: to each is own tho.

Personally I really don't care about 3rd party support on Nintendo. I own a PS4 and X1 so I get all those games but look at the people who don't own a system at all. Why would they pay $300 just to play Zelda and Mario when they could pay less and get a PS4 or X1 and have access to a bigger library?

Again, I don't really care. I think Nintendo's business decisions just baffle me. I really don't understand a lot of the stuff that they do.

Man I wasn't comparing Zelda and Kill zone. You asked what PS4 had to offer at launch and I named those two exclusives in addition to the 3rd party lineup. You knock Killzone but then mention Arms coming in April :lol: to each is own tho.

Personally I really don't care about 3rd party support on Nintendo. I own a PS4 and X1 so I get all those games but look at the people who don't own a system at all. Why would they pay $300 just to play Zelda and Mario when they could pay less and get a PS4 or X1 and have access to a bigger library?

Again, I don't really care. I think Nintendo's business decisions just baffle me. I really don't understand a lot of the stuff that they do.

You keep missing my point. You naming Kill Zone and Knack don't make them must have titles. Those are not system sellers. The PS4 didn't have a a reason to buy it at launch and you know it. People bought it becasue of 8GB of RAM and hype.

People are excited for Switch because Zelda is at launch. That one game is a huge reason to cop the system right away, Mario is a huge reason you should cop the system year 1 along with Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, and yes Arms a NEW IP gives people confidence Nintendo is putting their best foot froward from day one.

And before you knock ARMS you have to at least play the damn game. It's being developed by the same people who gave us the greatest Mario Kart ever. Mario Kart 8. :tongue:

Outside of online, what's so confusing about Nintendo's business. You want them to copy Sony?

No one game is worth a $300+ purchase. That's just my opinion although I do know people who feel otherwise. I can't speak on the whole 8GB of RAM because quite frankly I have no clue what's inside any of these systems :lol: I bought my PS4 because I knew I'd get great exclusives in addition to great 3rd party support. I was also excited about streaming, sharing content, share play (this wasn't a launch feature) and some other stuff.

I can look at ARMS and tell that I won't like it. You don't always have to play something to know you won't like it. I was done once I seen it required motion controls :lol: but like I said before to each is own. My kids said it looks cool.

Double [emoji]128016[/emoji] Dash >>> MK8

They don't have to copy Sony. Why does the Pro controller cost $70. Joy Cons $80 ($50 seperately), $90 for the dock? Why can I not keep my games that I get through subscription? Hell we still haven't found out if we can redownload our VC games for FRRE. We'll probably get a direct with Reggie explaining how we can transfer our games for a small fee. It'll be even worse when he's smiling as he explains all of this :lol:

No one game is worth a $300+ purchase. That's just my opinion although I do know people who feel otherwise. I can't speak on the whole 8GB of RAM because quite frankly I have no clue what's inside any of these systems :lol: I bought my PS4 because I knew I'd get great exclusives in addition to great 3rd party support. I was also excited about streaming, sharing content, share play (this wasn't a launch feature) and some other stuff.

I can look at ARMS and tell that I won't like it. You don't always have to play something to know you won't like it. I was done once I seen it required motion controls :lol: but like I said before to each is own. My kids said it looks cool.

Double [emoji]128016[/emoji] Dash >>> MK8

They don't have to copy Sony. Why does the Pro controller cost $70. Joy Cons $80 ($50 seperately), $90 for the dock? Why can I not keep my games that I get through subscription? Hell we still haven't found out if we can redownload our VC games for FRRE. We'll probably get a direct with Reggie explaining how we can transfer our games for a small fee. It'll be even worse when he's smiling as he explains all of this :lol:

You're absolutly right no one game is worth $300, but you said yourself. You purcashed a PS4 becasue you knew you'd get games you wanted to play down the line. Nintendo is offering big titles year one. They've improved 3rd party from the Wii U and have brought over all the support from the 3DS. That's enough for most gamers IMO. Western third party is icing on the cake. They'll come if the system sells.

Double Dash was dope which is why I'm mad they didn't mention GameCube VC. Hopefully they still announce it as a part of their online service.

To me the pricing for the controllers is fair. The controllers are offering HD rumble, RF pointers, and NFC readers. Not to mention PS4 controllers were around $65 and don't come close to the tech in the joy-con/pro controllers. VR Controllers with similar tech cost a lot more as Ive previously shown.

$90 for the dock is a little excessive, but the way I see it that piece of hardware is non-essential for the enjoyment of the system. It doesn't affect the majority of gamers and the fact they are giving you the option to easily play on multiple tv's in your house comes at a premium. You would have to buy multiple consoles at $300 a piece to match this utility. But I can see where you're coming from. I think $60-70 for the dock is a friendlier price.

And as far as not keeping games from the online service. I agree that you should keep the games as long as you continue paying for the service. BUT Nintendo now offers a cross platform account system to make it easier to transfer game purchases and data to different hardware.

At the end of the day I think Nintendo is getting better with these small things.

Last edited:
That video was spot on. Making me rethink my pre-order 
eyes.gif

eh I don't know what else to say

I'm just telling people who haven't followed nintendo over the years that waiting for games from them is a long aggravating ride

and the portability of it is really for kids

most adults will not be linking up to play this at the playground

it's good for traveling tho

the games have been dumbed down too cause 30 year olds aren't their target audience

I might do the same :lol:

I'm just worried about not being able to get one when Super Mario Odyssey drops.

Market research analysts over at DFC Intelligence have released a report with their take on the upcoming Nintendo Switch console. And they believe it will be much more popular than the Wii U.

Specifically, DFC believes that the Switch will sell 40 million units by the end of 2020, and that’s their conservative estimate.

However, they also see a potentially slow launch due to the games lineup at launch.

David Cole from DFC writes in the report:

“The Switch is a compelling piece of hardware that could potentially reach a much larger addressable market. However given the limited software and Nintendo’s poor recent track record of introducing new products we have tempered our forecasts to be conservative.”

The report, which is available now online (and costs a whopping $1,000 to read) and includes a 5-year prediction on the Switch.

But we’ll spare you the need to pay one thousand bucks to read it: overall, they expect the Switch to sell about 10 million units per year. culminating to 40 million by the end of 2020.

And while DFC predicts a slow launch for the Switch, Nintendo isn’t: the company said that they will have 2 million Switch console ready during the first month.

Market research analysts over at DFC Intelligence have released a report with their take on the upcoming Nintendo Switch console. And they believe it will be much more popular than the Wii U.

Specifically, DFC believes that the Switch will sell 40 million units by the end of 2020, and that’s their conservative estimate.

However, they also see a potentially slow launch due to the games lineup at launch.

David Cole from DFC writes in the report:

“The Switch is a compelling piece of hardware that could potentially reach a much larger addressable market. However given the limited software and Nintendo’s poor recent track record of introducing new products we have tempered our forecasts to be conservative.”

The report, which is available now online (and costs a whopping $1,000 to read) and includes a 5-year prediction on the Switch.

But we’ll spare you the need to pay one thousand bucks to read it: overall, they expect the Switch to sell about 10 million units per year. culminating to 40 million by the end of 2020.

And while DFC predicts a slow launch for the Switch, Nintendo isn’t: the company said that they will have 2 million Switch console ready during the first month.

If Metroid is announced at E3, it's a wrap. I see Nintendo doing big numbers this holiday with Mario Oddysey coming out. The Switch is probably going to sell out again. Kids are going to go crazy for this and if Nintendo does a price drop.... :x

None of these analysts have real insight into gaming. Nintendo just made people camp for a 30 year old system and still couldn't meet demand. Sleep on the Switch if you want to....

from the standpoint of it being a high powered ds with better connectivity it's def gonna do numbers

that's not even a question

but how long will people play it?

that's the only question I have

Back
Top Bottom